What are some good natural appetite suppressants?

13»

Replies

• kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    I found removing artificial sweeteners even stevia calmed my hunger drive down a lot.

Then I found just practicing new habits. My body gets into crazy rhythms so easily. This quarantine has my eating off. I’m getting back on track.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    I’m not a big meal person. I’m more a snacker. Problem is, once I start eating, I don’t stop. IF helps me with that. I have a specific window that calories are consumed, and then I’m mentally done.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    Just think of eating BALUT. If you're not Filipino, that should reduce your appetite quick. I can eat 6 with no problem.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Well I was doing IF for a while and it was going good except I was overeating lunch and dinner because I was really hungry. And everyone here told me that I should be eating breakfast and that IF doesn't really help burn more calories, burn more fat, or increase metabolism and that I needed to eat breakfast.

Get a lot of mixed messages since everyone has different things that work for them.

IF does not burn more calories or fat. IF can help some people stick to a calorie deficit.

It doesn’t sound like it worked for you if you over ate at meal times.

I would really look at your food choices/combinations plus your meal timing to help keep you full. Protein and fiber, plus healthy fat work for me.

I also don’t label meals as breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks in my diary. They’re called “Meal 1, Meal 2, etc. it was a simple trick that got me out of thinking what size meals needed to be, what times I needed to eat, and what foods should be eaten at what time.

If you’re looking for something to fill you up in between meals, I sometimes have a cup of bone broth. Easy to sip at work, tastes good, has some protein. Takes the edge off my appetite. Though I imagine any soup would. Just be sure it says “made for sipping” on the label, otherwise it ain’t. 😃