Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

How do you define "Curvy?"

1235»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,481 Member
    Salma Hayek.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• B_Plus_Effort
    B_Plus_Effort Posts: 311 Member
    maybe "curvy" was just 90s for "thick"

If I was dating and headed out on a blind date and her friend set me up and described her friend as curvy I would assume she means a bit overweight instead of an hourglass bombshell, not trying to be rude or disrespectful at all, I would take it as a some sort of warning or heads up, as in one of those big boned, or husky, or modern day body proportionate diluted terms that can mean anything to anybody
  • B_Plus_Effort
    B_Plus_Effort Posts: 311 Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Curvy is in the eye of the beholder.

... or the beer holder!
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    muszyngr wrote: »
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Curvy is in the eye of the beholder.

... or the beer holder!

Beer goggles?
  • sal10851
    sal10851 Posts: 171 Member
    I don't know what it means anymore. I've seen obese women call themselves curvy while obese men call themselves "beefy". Thin guys think their fit yet they have a high body fat to muscle ratio. It's just all over the place when what really matters is to be at a healthy body fat percentage.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    sal10851 wrote: »
    I don't know what it means anymore. I've seen obese women call themselves curvy while obese men call themselves "beefy". Thin guys think their fit yet they have a high body fat to muscle ratio. It's just all over the place when what really matters is to be at a healthy body fat percentage.

Goes with the everyone gets a trophy mentality IMO.

True about the healthy BF%.