Women 200lb+, Let's Seize the Day This September!!!

Options

Replies

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Friday Weigh-In

SW (8/10): 208.6
    Aug end: 205.6
    9/4: 205.8
    9/11: 206.4
    9/18: 205.0
    9/25:204.6
    1st GW: 200!!
    UGW: 140

Slowly but in the right direction!! :smiley:

Weekly Goals:
    I went over my calories for the weekend, but at least I stayed at maintenance. M-F is usually much easier. But I'm happy with myself that I logged those days anyways.

I am on track with doing my exercises everyday. I'm aiming for at least 5 days a week. Oh wait, I didn't do anything yesterday, gonna make sure I do something tomorrow.

Now that the days are starting to get cooler, I will now have to be mindful to drink at least 64 oz. It's like if I don't feel thirsty, I don't drink anything. When the days are hot, I can drink so much water!! LOL!! I'll drink while exercising, but then I forget. :drinker:

• changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I've just done my last day on week 2 couch25k, I felt flat while doing it, think I'm still recovering from beach hike, but what a high once I'm done!! Lack of energy could be TOM which I started yesterday. I've read through everyone's posts, and one common thread is a lot of ladies on the group are caring for others, so girls be kind to yourselves, especially when the scale isn't compliant! It will come down eventually if you stick to your plans. Have NSV goals! Mine is to complete the couch25k and walking 45mins a day. I can't wait for our local Park run to re-open, that will be a Saturday morning goal! The last time I did it in January, I was one of the last one's to finish and I hobbled to the end, it took me about 2 weeks to recover because my heels were so sore.
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,202 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know a very very entry level exercise for abdominals? Needs to be way more gentle than planks and sit ups, I will need to work my way up to them but right now I want to find a way of connecting my brain to the muscles, if that makes sense. Maybe even some kind of breathing exercise.
    Any suggestions welcome.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Does anyone know a very very entry level exercise for abdominals? Needs to be way more gentle than planks and sit ups, I will need to work my way up to them but right now I want to find a way of connecting my brain to the muscles, if that makes sense. Maybe even some kind of breathing exercise.
    Any suggestions welcome.

I was so riddled with trigger points when I started doing yoga that a lot of the floor exercises I did lying on the bed.

I laid on the bed, put my legs straight up in the air, and lowered them without dropping them. It sounds like nothing, but it does begin to engage your abs. Eventually you can hold your legs up at a 45 degree angle, engage ALL your abs, and begin to see how long you can hold that before lowering your legs. If you can do it on the floor, more power to you, but it will work on the bed. I still do it every night before I roll over and go to sleep.

• orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,202 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Still sounds hard but I could try it!
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions welcome.

Maybe doing standing abs workouts, for example this one:
    https://youtu.be/ZFyoVJxTNgE
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Age 59, 5’7”
    SW: 252.5 (Sep 2020)
    CW: 248.5 (Sep 26, 2020)
    Goal 1: 239
    Goal 2: 229
    Goal 3: 219
    UGW: 199

September Goals:
    Be true to myself and stop procrastinating.
    Tell the truth about my body and mind.
    Get moving!!!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I weighed a few ounces fewer today but as a few ounces goes away as soon as I have my first glass of water, I don't count them. Nevertheless, it's a good sign, and I have hopes for a pound to finish moving soon.

I'm suddenly having a real surge of energy, so I've been Doing Stuff around the house. Less so today, but I'm up and down the stairs every hour gluing a bookcase together bit by bit, so I really do feel that I'm moving a lot more, even today, than I was. And I haven't napped this week in the afternoon. A little tired, but sitting down for a bit and having some tea helps, and then I find myself back at it. The energy is a welcome change, but I am still not used to it and wary of it, for fear I will overwork myself and be flat with a fibro flare.
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Caught up again. It's been a bit warmer here than it was ( will cool off in two days) and my knees stiffened up so I missed my walk. Doing my dance-aerobics and the total gym today.
    Weighed in prev at 333.6
    Weighed in today at 329.2
    My abs are finally not sore from the fantastic work on the TG machine. I will be taking my measurements next weekend ( probably Sunday) after the trip.
    I highly recommend the total gym to everyone. I love it, even if it still kicks my butt in so many ways.
  • PennycillinEQ
    PennycillinEQ Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all you fine people out there who stuck with it the whole month. It's been awhile since my last check-in. I had a nasty spell of being good and not losing but the I finally outlasted the scale. Not sure if I will make my 5 lbs by the end of the month but it will be close.

9-1 196.5
    9-8 194.5
    9-26 192
    Net loss=4.5

I turned up the tension on my bike so I would work harder. Maybe that's how I overcame the plateau.
  • Erica122093
    Erica122093 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    SW: 210-212
    CW:203.8
    1st goal weight: Under 200
    Ultimate goal weight: 175 then go from there

Between moving, stress and health problems I had fallen off. I managed to maintain my weight though! I am so close to my first goal weight and that makes me want to push harder.
    I put on a large hoodie last night and I actually felt good about myself. I usually wear baggy clothes to hide the pooch. 😐
    I have a great support system and have even got my husband on this wagon!
    September will not defeat me!
    Much love to everyone! 🖤

• IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Options

I met my work out goals, and food logging goals for September, but not the loss. I worked out all but 2 days in september. I logged everything and kept under my calories, except for probably 2 days.

My weight went up a bit the second week of september, for whatever reason - stress, sitting too much for work?? Now my weight is going back down again.

September start 218...up to 221....now 214 as of 9/26. I'll get a final weight on Wednesday, hoping for 213.

Goals:
    Weight 210 by the end of September - didn't make it, but trending down.
    I feel stronger, and healthier. Can see some toning, so that's a bonus.

Longer Term
    Weigh 190 by the end of December.
    Weigh 180 by the end of February.
    Take A1C test in January - goal of 5.7 or lower.
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    @iloveeggnog - I'm so sorry to hear of the death of your friend. Such a sad and tragic loss.