WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Heather

Did someone mention it might be worth trying magnesium for your achey night legs? Either Epsom salts in your bath before bed or a Magnesium Citrate capsule by mouth. Too high a dose could cause diarrhea.

Karen in Virginia

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Options
    Barbara - They are indoor fountain candles. I adore them. A restaurant we used to go to always used them for people's birthdays and I was so impressed I've been ordering them from Amazon. Huge fun for the kids and for me! :p
    Edie said that the EDIE IS 7 sign was very unusual and she had never seen one. 'How did you find it?' :D<3

Weather chilly, but sunny. I hope to go for a run after lunch. My legs have been aching at night. :( Change in the weather.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

the candles sound great- could you post a picture(or Amazon link to them)-
    Thanks-
    Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Options
    Just caught up reading all the posts-
    Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
    Got home a couple hours ago after staying the weekend with my parents. Always love going up but hate coming home- I will be going up more often.
    Insomnia until about 2:30AM Sat. morning followed by 5AM alarm to go with mom to help with the food bank food program at church then a quick visit to see my best friend(bff's for 50yrs) then back to my parents.
    Mom woke me up at 7:30 to tell me there is another fire that started earlier in the morning and I should take the long way home, that they were already evacuating St. Helena and part of Calistoga- I have to go through both those towns in order to go home and it is one lane in each direction the whole way through from my parents until almost into Napa- Did not want to get stuck in that.
    Raided the garden with my dad before heading home- an eggplant that weighed almost 4lbs- it is HUGE, peppers, yard long beans, all kinds of sweet and hot peppers, okra, broccoli, tomatoes and cantalope- We will be enjoying them this week. Brought home extra for our neighbor- he thanked me by giving me two bottles of wine from where he works-
    Air was already getting bad when I was leaving- so much smoke. High winds and high temps for the next few days again.
    Time to get the nebulizer out.

Debbie
    Napa Valley, CA
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Leg and Arm Pains and Cramps

Potassium, sodium, calcium, and magnesium. They're called electrolytes. A deficiency or overload of any of these will upset the electrolyte balance. Unbalanced electrolytes can cause all kinds of muscle problems because if the nerves are not firing right because of unbalanced electrolytes, then muscles may hurt or cramp.

Here is an easy to understand article.
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/153188#imbalance

Faye
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I’m getting started on Halloween decorations. I have a ghost that I hope to suspend over the remains off the bean plants but I haven’t found the tripod where I thought it was put away. I’ll check the storage unit to see whether the poles are there. If not, I’ll look for an alternative.👻💀☠️
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Greetings to all.

I was able to accomplish a lot today. There are still more hours to the day, but wanted to get caught up here with everyone.

Carol – Sorry to hear your credit card got hacked!

Rebecca – If you want your avocado plant to bear fruit you will need another one so the pollen crosses between the plants. 😊

Ginny – Great news DS’s GF is not positive.

Pip – Love the MeerKat!

Katla – So glad your AQ is better. I cannot imagine living with all of that smoke and ash.

Lanette – There are some wonderful oils one can use to reduce the frizz and add shine to curly hair.

RV Rita – Congratulations on your new vehicle!

Allie – My goodness dear you have had your share of losses this year. I am sorry about your painting friend.

Kate – Sorry to hear about your panic attacks. Hopefully the remedy keeps working for you.

Pip – Can you adopt me as one of your dogs? LOL!

Kim – Sorry to hear about Levi’s ears. It’s too bad he does not like them being touched. The smores buffet sounds wonderful. Like you once I get started it’s hard to stop. So rich and sweet. 😊

Heather – Happy belated birthday to Edie. She is adorable! I love the picture of her looking at the cake.

Beth – Happy belated birthday to your son. Milkshakes, yum!

Ginny – Love the new doors. Glad you are happy with them. I am not looking forward to “real” office days.

Faye – My current home is just under 1300 feet with a fenced-in courtyard. Based upon my real-life experiment I think 500-600 square feet would work very well as long as I had a garage or large shed. I have donated or given away the items that no longer have a use in my life.

Leg cramps – My doctor recommended if I am suffering with leg cramps to drink a little tonic water with quinine. I find it helps. That or a banana.

Sue – I hope you enjoy the trip with your mom!

It’s time to start thinking about dinner. I will probably have a large chopped salad and something or another. 😊

SuziQ – SFL
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,576 Member
    Options
    j54hlccd161u.jpeg
    5glk35tk7phx.jpeg
    d2qm36pjlqd7.jpeg
    bj7fm4q4ehq2.jpeg
    oc9lbd9vdzaf.jpeg
  • pipcd34
    Options
    tzh6jsm53bq9.png
    My MS Virtual ride day 2 done. I was faster today even after an 8 or so mile walk with kirby and yogi, I think it was because I knew I didn’t have as far to go. The pictures are walk my ride looked like at various points. There’s yogi hanging out while I was riding
  • pipcd34
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- Apple Watch- 2hrs 39min 24sec, 2.9ap, 91ahr, 144mhr, 185elev, 8.35mi= 812c
    Strava app- 1011c
    Zwift bike trainer, MS Deception Pass Classic Day 2, 1hr 11min 18sec, 138ahr, 159mhr, 19.4amph, 492elev, 23.07mi= 691c
    Strava app= 573c

Total cal 1503
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,256 Member
    Options
    Great job, Pip!

Thanks again, folks, for all the advice. <3 Digesting it all.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Machka.... you post some of the most beautiful pictures. Beaches, mountains, trails... Thanks

Betsy in NW WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    October is just around the corner and I live in Halloweentown. I have set up my pumpkin outside. I have also set up Halloween/Fall decorations inside. The traditional decorations cheer me up. The City is also setting up decorations. They are expecting many out of town visitors. We may have to pay an entry fee to walk in our own neighborhood. I hope not. Last year we did have to show our drivers license to drive into our own neighborhood. 🤬☹️🙄
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🙋
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Zzzzz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Tracey

We enjoy Ken Burns documentaries so much.

Have you seen ‘They Shall Not Grow Old’, a 2018 documentary film directed and produced by Peter Jackson?

Karen in Virginia

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Lisa ... thinking of you ...

Thinking of others too ... Amber, KarenNY, Janetr, Joyce and Sylvia from way back, and so many others...

SuziQ ... beautiful orchid.

It was a very warm but dry and beautiful weekend here in Western New York. Fall foliage is nearing peak in many areas ... which is early by about two weeks. Dry summer and early frost I suspect. Cooler weather is on its way.

I am trying to get my pool water balanced so that we can use a stain and metal remover and then close the pool. It is not going well. Privileged problem, I know.

The scale is not my friend right now ... bouncing up and down. I am aware of the culprit, just don't seem to be consistent and changing things (thus the bouncing). I am fairly certain that once I get my older son back to his place, I can prepare meals that are more in keeping with healthy eating. The need to make "soft" food is very restrictive and while I essentially make two meals, I do get tired of it all.

We were considering rejoining a gym, but have decided against it right now. Will need to look at other alternatives for exercise.

Beth near Buffalo

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,727 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Yes Faith is still mobile.. with a walker she should use it all the time but she doesnt...
    Yes when it gets to be where she cant walk.. then its going to get tricky.. as they will need a hoyer lift and yes that is usually a 2 person job.i know it was with my DFIL...
    She is sleeping most of the time now.. so not to hard to take care of...
    The Americas national parks was on Nat Geo Wild will have to look and see if its a Ken Burns thing..
    I remember as a kid going with my grandma to travelogs at the high school,she and her sisters like to travel.especially cruises.. back then they were quite Posh...
    So things like that interest me only thing is when i try and watch something like that the crazy dog flips out and starts barking at ghe animals on the T.V.