Women 200lb+, Let's Seize the Day This September!!!

Replies

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    I am doing a Monday Check In of sorts.

I am not losing. Last week my calories were definitely at a deficit and enough to lose a pound but I didn't. I only exercised 3 days last week. I had more calories this weekend, above my goal but between my BMR and TDEE so still at a deficit. No exercise. I haven't gotten in all my water. My sleep is okay but maybe not as good as usual. I have been reading late but sleeping in most days to make up for it. When I lost a pound a week I had much lower calories. Last week I was a bit distracted with jobsearch and Drs appt. However I did come up with a plan for more general physical activity and added in resistance band training for my 2nd strength training for the week. I do not have my walking partner this week or last. My husband is having an Achilles tendonitis flare up which he seems to get at least once a year.

Plan for this week.
    • Try to keep calories low. Keep below my calorie goal.
    • Exercise every weekday with 2 strength training sessions this week. (I did that last week). We have sun this week so I want to get outside each day and get some.
    • Drink all my water.
    • Go to sleep earlier and get up earlier. (I was reading a fun YA series which is going to be a Netflix series and I wanted to read the books first. All done now) I have read over 80 books so far this year. Do you think I will make it to 100? My goal was 52. I usually read about 62 a year.
    • Continue with my physical activities plan of 2 stairs flights a day and upping my steps by 100 each day.

I have meals planned until mid week so I do not have to do that yet. I was looking at my weekly MFP report and I am not getting enough protein. That may be why I get hungry before and after dinner. I need to have higher protein snacks/lunches. I am sure I could get more vegetables too.

I can't believe September has gone so fast.
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,173 Member
    Yes, you have, posting something is all you need to do. Welcome, Kate! We don't bite (well only our food, sometimes other people's food......)
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    @changeforeverlj - I sent you a friend request. My heart goes out to you. You must be so worried, but at least there is a diagnosis and with that there is treatment.

I'm so proud of you for continuing with running. Hills are the worst. When you are ready for a challenge, try making one of your work outs a Hill Repeat day. You find a steep, short hill (100 meters or so) and run up it as fast as you can, then walk down, rest to get your heart rate down and then do it again. You want to do it 4 to 6 times. I wouldn't do this exercise more than once a week, but after a couple of Hill Repeat days you'll know that you have the power to drive up hills in your runs and they won't be quite as bad anymore.
  • JojoInTheForks
    JojoInTheForks Posts: 134 Member
    Thanks everyone. Funeral Wednesday.

@changeforeverlj I am all too familiar with bipolar. My uncle and my first cousin both struggled with it and now my 20 year old nephew. Such an incredibly difficult disease. Treatment that works today may not a month from now. It is a heartbreaking roller coaster and I am sorry you're faced with this right now. You must be so worried. Sending lots of support across the internet.
  • micwrites
    micwrites Posts: 120 Member
    Hi, First time doing this and nervous, but realise I need support from women facing a similar challenge.

Current weight: 269
    Goal weight: 154

Your encouragement , help and support will be much appreciated.

Thanks. Kate

PS - I am not even sure if I have joined this group properly?

Welcome! This is a great group. So many different journeys and such kind people!
  • changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    Hi, thanks for all your kind words, was able to make contact with my Dad, he is slowly making his way towards us and should arrive by end of day. Not sure how we are going to really speak to him, quite difficult as we don't want the grandkids to know any of the drama, and they are so excited to see him.

@speyerj thank you for your support and the great advice on the hill climb! I've got a hill that's not too steep! I've done so much research on the couch25k and so many people don't build on their running after the programme finishes, and I want to have a plan for after the podcast is done! So Hills is good for one day!

• My girlfriend is bipolar, as well as having DID. I give her her meds daily and she takes them, so that she doesn't feel that she's fine and stop. The bipolar got her admitted for inpatient care a couple weeks ago.You have all my sympathy with your dad.
  • hap2go
    hap2go Posts: 105 Member
    Hi, First time doing this and nervous, but realise I need support from women facing a similar challenge.

Current weight: 269
    Goal weight: 154

Your encouragement , help and support will be much appreciated.

Thanks. Kate

PS - I am not even sure if I have joined this group properly?

Sent you a friend request - we can help keep each other honest!
  • azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    @wanderinglight That's great to know we are not alone in our journey! Don't you think that as you get older it becomes more about health than being thin? I listened to a podcast on my walk, it described overeating as a chronic disease that we suffer from and that we will have to manage it for the rest of our lives, there's no going back to eating as we did, we will have to maintain forever. It also said we have a better chance of maintaining when we have a support group. So ladies if you here you are on the right path!

I had a conversation with a weight loss surgeon trying to understand why, since I am an educated, capable, smart woman why I couldn't lose weight, and she said it was because I was NOT treating it like a disease. I have since worked on my mindset and have decided not to have the surgery but am being much more mindful of my choices.
  • azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    torih941torih941 - I learned a wardrobe trick you might like: take a penny or small button, put it on the outside of your shirt that is too big, pull it to the inside and put a small elastic around it. Presto, it is now more fitted, looking a bit tailored, but not actually requiring any sewing or modifying. It can get you through a time where you want to look nice and not so "frumpy" because you are losing. congrats on the loss btw!! great job!
  • xofarrah
    xofarrah Posts: 15 Member
    Highest weight: 214.2

9/1: 212.6
    9/8: 213.0
    9/15: 212.8
    9/22: 213.4
    9/29: 211.8 (my birthday!)
  • aliciap0116
    aliciap0116 Posts: 231 Member
    Weigh in Wednesday:

49 years old; 5'6"
    SW: 236.4 (9/8/19)
    8/31: 189.9
    9/9: 190.7
    9/16: 192.9
    9/23: Didn't bother
    9/30: 191.7

Happy to put September behind me! My husband is doing well after his bike accident. I have gotten back to exercise (thanks to my cardiologist mandating 40 minutes a day) but need to do better on my food. Let's go, October!!