Binge eating

Replies

• globalc00
    globalc00 Posts: 103 Member
    So I’m back from my meal. Didn’t eat till I couldn’t move but I was pretty full at the time I left. However that might have been because I inhaled 2 slices of cheese cake and ice cream bar in 1 minute because the waiter came over and said time was up. It’s been about 3 hours since my last bite and I feel like I could eat again. So definitely didn’t eat as much as I usually do.
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    This was quite an interesting read about what actually happens in your body when you binge... many of which are not anything to do with weight gain but still quite alarming/ worrying.

https://www.popsugar.co.uk/fitness/What-Happens-When-You-Binge-Eat-42747063
  • globalc00
    I initially only got 1 slice of cheese cake and some other cake. After eating it, I decided the cheese cake tasted good so I went back to get 2 more and an ice cream bar. Like I said before, i'm not force feeding my self. I am eating because it taste good, but just the fullness signal hasn't reached my brain. Since my last post, I have eaten a haggen daz moon cake ice cream, cup of coffee and I just ate my normal dinner since I felt "hungry".
    I also estimate my lunch was probably around 4000 calories, so more than I need in a day, yet still leaving me hungry a few hours later.
    Tomorrow I'll be back to my normal clean diet.
  • globalc00
    The summary on one hand says go for it, as long as it's not a "regular" habit. I just don't think i'm losing control as I can get back on a clean diet the next day until my next planned binge.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    globalc00 wrote: »
    The summary on one hand says go for it, as long as it's not a "regular" habit. I just don't think i'm losing control as I can get back on a clean diet the next day until my next planned binge.

What is “clean”??? That’s such an outrageous term. Also, you claim that it isn’t causing you to gain weight, and yet, if your lunch is 4000 calories, you’ll literally gain a lb in one meal...

Personally, I don’t think you enjoy anything that you “inhale” in under a minute. You REALLY sound like you would benefit from some professional help...
  • globalc00
    I'm not trolling. And to be honest, some bakery good right now as we speak before I head off to bed. My diet for the next 6 days will be 5 meals totaling 2200 calories each day. This is what i'll eat tomorrow. Banana, oatmeal, almond milk, tilapia, chicken breast, edamame, black beans, pamelo, broccoli, rice, sweet potato, konjac noodle, carrots, cashew, eggs, and egg white
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Does anyone else purposely plan binge eating meals? I have a habit of going to ayce places and binge eating until the point where I can't move or about to puke. I don't feel bad about it after do it like most people. I do this about once or twice a month. Is this considered an unhealthy relationship with food? Doing this doesn't affect my weight.
    To be clear, I am not force feeding my self at these meals. I am simply eating until I feel satisfied. I guess when all the food finally expands in my stomach, that is when I feel like I overdid it.

The narrative changed from your initial post. Changing horses midstream happens but the video is not a justification for anything. OMAD, eating all of the things in an hour's time will only dig you into a much deeper hole with food. OMAD can be used as a permission slip for a daily glorified binge.

• globalc00
    I'm not doing OMAD, as I have eating 2 more times since that meal. This is not my normal diet, but it is part of my normal dieting routine that I do. I know it's a lot of food which is why I wonder if other people plan binges like me. You hear people talk about how they lost control or fell of their diet and feel bad. I on the other hand plan it, look forward to it and have no remorse about doing it. I was just shocked that people see it as a problem since once the dust settles at the end of the month or quarter or year, i'm not gaining weight and still pretty fit. Since i'm planning, I don't see it as me losing control, which seems to be another assumption people are making. Maybe one day the effects of doing this will finally show up, but in the last few years that I have been doing this, I have kept my weight steady and fitness at the same level.
  • ALZ14
    ALZ14 Posts: 202 Member
    I'm not doing OMAD, as I have eating 2 more times since that meal. This is not my normal diet, but it is part of my normal dieting routine that I do. I know it's a lot of food which is why I wonder if other people plan binges like me. You hear people talk about how they lost control or fell of their diet and feel bad. I on the other hand plan it, look forward to it and have no remorse about doing it. I was just shocked that people see it as a problem since once the dust settles at the end of the month or quarter or year, i'm not gaining weight and still pretty fit. Since i'm planning, I don't see it as me losing control, which seems to be another assumption people are making. Maybe one day the effects of doing this will finally show up, but in the last few years that I have been doing this, I have kept my weight steady and fitness at the same level.

There is a huge difference between a planned meal that is larger/more calories than what you normally eat and sitting down on a regular basis and eating so much food you feel sick, can’t walk, or the restaurant basically kicks you out.

The fact you can’t tell the difference (again if you aren’t trolling us) tells me that you really need to work on how you think of food and your relationship with it. You may not be gaining weight but this isn’t healthy for your mind or body.

• spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    edited October 2020

But why do you do it? Have you asked yourself why you feel the need? What's driving you? Surely you don't want to feel ill, so there is some element of losing control here, even if you planned your binge.

Ironically, the reason you still have an appetite a few hours later is probably BECAUSE of the over-eating. Binge eating like that actually stretches your stomach and increases your appetite.
  • globalc00
    I will definitely look into the diabetes things as I wasn't aware this is something you can develop. I know this habit isn't normal, and I probably do have a unhealthy relationship with food. However my friends hat tell me I shouldn't diet the way I do are also the ones that are struggling to meet their weight goals. But to say i'm wasting food and stealing from restaurants... ya... I disagree with that one. They set the price, they set the time limit, I eat what they put out. If they aren't making money, they need to look at their business model. I'm not puking the food out, I'm digesting it to fuel my body. So not sure why it's a waste.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited October 2020
    https://www.diabetes.co.uk/binge-eating-disorders.html

Research indicates that binge eating may be the most commonly experienced eating disorder in people with type 2 diabetes.

Not all with T2 are binge eaters but binge eating leads to a poor relationship with food. Binge eating that starts earlier in life usually ends with diabetes later in life. It's one out of three in the U.S. The numbers don't lie.

When the pancreas no longer functions there are no more work arounds. There's only dealing with the consequences.