What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    I can't stand room temperature fruit. Must be cold or hot. You will never see a bowl of fruit on the counter in my house.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    I can't stand room temperature fruit. Must be cold or hot. You will never see a bowl of fruit on the counter in my house.

SAME!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    I think KIND bars and similar nut-based bars are a waste of calories and not good.

KIND bars are just a snack food, a somewhat healthier and (IME, more filling) alternative to a candy bar. I went through a period where I really liked a couple of them (the peanut butter/chocolate and dark chocolate and cherry ones) and would buy them in the airport regularly when travel times meant I probably wouldn't get a regular meal (now I don't travel due to Covid, but also I find I've completely lost my taste for them).

I just find them unsatisfying and not favorable or desirable.

I thought the same thing until I recently had the dark chocolate sea salt and nuts. I haven’t had them in years. That one is awesome.

That's the only one I liked too. But with so many other bars out there, not my first pick!
  • pancakerunner
    "Veggie" straws or those green pea puff things
  • pancakerunner

are gross **** meant to add
  • pancakerunner
    ejbronte wrote: »
    ttu1xp5c0c9x.png
    these > oreos anyday!

These AND Oreos.....

Also, you know there's a method of eating these cookies: nibble around the cookie part first, then the chocolate frame, then finally around and into the little fellow at center. Yes, it takes me a long time to eat a cookie.

precisely!
  • pancakerunner

Most of them have as many calories as the chips or crackers that they're replacing, so I'd rather just have my vegetables in their original delicious form and stick with the regular chips or crackers I enjoy.

yepp
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member

Most of them have as many calories as the chips or crackers that they're replacing, so I'd rather just have my vegetables in their original delicious form and stick with the regular chips or crackers I enjoy.

I will start by saying I don't like those Veggie Straws or similar...I think they taste like Styrofoam.

That said...to be fair about the calories...it's true that 1 oz. of Veggie Straws has about the same calories as 1 oz. of potato chips. But, because of the Styrofoam-y nature of them, you get a lot more volume for that 1 oz.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

I will start by saying I don't like those Veggie Straws or similar...I think they taste like Styrofoam.

That said...to be fair about the calories...it's true that 1 oz. of Veggie Straws has about the same calories as 1 oz. of potato chips. But, because of the Styrofoam-y nature of them, you get a lot more volume for that 1 oz.

Good point - I never really thought about the size difference when I was comparing calories weight for weight.
  • pancakerunner
    Idk if this is unpopular but I have never really liked rice krispy bars.

Also, I don't like marshamllows in my hot chocolate.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member

I don't like marshmallows in any form - my daughter thinks I am weird.
  • pancakerunner
    ccrdragon wrote: »

When I was in my "fat free" phase (and before I really new anything about nutrition) I once ate an entire bag of fruity mini marshmallows lol
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    edited October 2020

When I was in my "fat free" phase (and before I really new anything about nutrition) I once ate an entire bag of fruity mini marshmallows lol

Marshmallows are a weird thing for me...sometimes I find them very unappealing and other times I do like them. 🤷‍♀️
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    Many people don't realize that common marshmallows aren't vegetarian (they look so innocent!) But oddly, Marshmallow Fluff usually is . . . .

Oops, that's probably not an unpopular opinion. Either one might be an unpopular fact, though.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    Reeses' PB Cups are gross.

I used to like them but since I started eating less sugar and chemicals they're horrible. Theo's chocolate has peanut butter cups that are worth the calories. Rocky Mountain chocolate has good peanut butter buckets. I recently bought ice cream for the first time and got Bryer's chocolate Reese's peanut butter cup and it was awful, I need a new replacement for it!
  • TurquiseTurtle7
    TurquiseTurtle7 Posts: 16 Member
    I hate anything green - except jalapenos.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member

Yeah, I don't like them at all either.