What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    hummus can co to H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS

Have you HAD homemade hummus though? From a mom or grandma's recipe? Just hand it allllll over, thanks.

My unpopular opinion: pickled turnips are amazeballs.

Yes to the pickled turnips, too. Yum.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    It seems that disliking frosting (in any form what so ever) on my cakes is a rather unpopular opinion.

I say it ruins the taste of a perfectly baked cake by making it taste just sweet instead of the nuances of aromas baked into the cake.
  • ladyreva78
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Have you HAD homemade hummus though? From a mom or grandma's recipe? Just hand it allllll over, thanks.

Half-dried and pickled Daikon radishes are also so good! My host mother in Japan had those for breakfast every morning. Sadly can't seem to find them around here :disappointed:
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    It seems that disliking frosting (in any form what so ever) on my cakes is a rather unpopular opinion.

I say it ruins the taste of a perfectly baked cake by making it taste just sweet instead of the nuances of aromas baked into the cake.

we are opposites. HOWEVER, this is all subject to the type of cake we're talking about.
  • pancakerunner
    I don't understand the appeal of fried chicken... Chicken nuggets are good, but whole fried chicken thighs/breasts/etc. Why? I much prefer a peice of tender, juicy, chicken. Grilled or rotisserie style.
  • ladyreva78
    I don't understand the appeal of fried chicken... Chicken nuggets are good, but whole fried chicken thighs/breasts/etc. Why? I much prefer a peice of tender, juicy, chicken. Grilled or rotisserie style.

Now there's something we can agree on :smiley:

PS: I usually only eat home made cakes. Preferably my own as they're tailored to my tastes. No frosting needed :tongue:
  • pancakerunner

PS: I usually only eat home made cakes. Preferably my own as they're tailored to my tastes. No frosting needed :tongue:

Okay. I can agree with that... I prefer a chocolate ganache topping over frosting myself. Just nothing worse than a dry cake! Moist... yum
  • ladyreva78

Okay. I can agree with that... I prefer a chocolate ganache topping over frosting myself. Just nothing worse than a dry cake! Moist... yum

Dry cakes are just sadness. No amount of frosting or tea will save a dry cake and no calories should be wasted on it!
  • pancakerunner
    edited March 2020

Dry cakes are just sadness. No amount of frosting or tea will save a dry cake and no calories should be wasted on it!

i10ozzyarwwn.jpg
    ezo4kdd6n69o.jpg
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member

I am a frosting person BUT oh man, this week I baked a sour cream Bundt cake, no filling or frosting or anything...it was so delicious, it may have changed my mind on cake. My husband's been around excellent bakers his whole life and swears it is the best cake he's ever had.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Half-dried and pickled Daikon radishes are also so good! My host mother in Japan had those for breakfast every morning. Sadly can't seem to find them around here :disappointed:

Agreed. I don't think I've had a pickled turnip, but expect I would like them too.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member

Absolutely agree with you 100%! I think wings are way too much work for a tiny bit of meat but I can't stand eating a piece of fat so there's not much left.
  • pancakerunner

I am a frosting person BUT oh man, this week I baked a sour cream Bundt cake, no filling or frosting or anything...it was so delicious, it may have changed my mind on cake. My husband's been around excellent bakers his whole life and swears it is the best cake he's ever had.

sour cream makes everything better.
  • asthesoapturns
    asthesoapturns Posts: 313 Member
    Cream cheese is vile.
  • pancakerunner
    Cream cheese is vile.

bsal30yb5y5w.jpg
    you are wrong
  • pancakerunner
    Idk if this is unpopular, but sweetened and flavored coffee gives me a headache. I would rather have sweetened tea.
  • asthesoapturns
    asthesoapturns Posts: 313 Member
    Cream cheese is vile.

bsal30yb5y5w.jpg
    you are wrong

It looks like a skull sandwich XD
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    I don’t like Thin Mints (Girl Scout cookies). Somewhere along the way they changed the recipe or something and now they’re not worth wasting calories on. Samoas on the other hand...
  • pancakerunner
    whmscll wrote: »
    I don’t like Thin Mints (Girl Scout cookies). Somewhere along the way they changed the recipe or something and now they’re not worth wasting calories on. Samoas on the other hand...

I LOVE chocolate and mint, but prefer creme de menthe-type... like Andes mints. Also like york peppermint patties! I don't care for whole thin mints but love them crushed on mint chocolate ice cream!