What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Love dark chocolate with orange. (Also with any berries.)

Hate miracle whip so much.

White chocolate is eh -- not unpleasant but kind of pointless when real chocolate exists.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Chocolate with berries- yes. Chocolate with orange, no.

Miracle whip is vile and if food contains it, I will not eat the food.

White chocolate is okay, the only place I like it as much as dark chocolate is in chips that I then stick into raspberries for the perfect little bites
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    ejbronte wrote: »
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    The siamese we had when I was a kid would go after popcorn -- again, likely the salt.

My two kits seem to be okay sodium-wise, then. In fact, they won't go after my food at all, even if it's chicken, and I've left my plate to refuel on tea. And only one of them is interested in catnip .... but she's really interested!

I made the mistake of giving my kittens the water from canned tuna and chicken, they love it and it's split between two every couple days so I figure it's ok. Neither is interested in catnip though which is annoying is I have a plant outside in my herb garden. I feed two feral cats and bust one rolling around in the pot all the time.

We have nothing on cat ideas on food! My friend and I agree that cats must hold occasional conferences about their meals and consolidate on a project to make life and food service interesting for their humans.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    eahrenee wrote: »
    I love miracle whip, I have had miracle whip sandwiches. ..yup, just miracle whip and bread.

And, I hate white chocolate

the only GOOD white chocolate is Hershey's cookies and cream... or white chocolate lindt truffles
  • spinnerdell
    spinnerdell Posts: 231 Member
    Miracle Whip is delicious and does double duty as a moisturizing facial mask.
  • asthesoapturns
    asthesoapturns Posts: 313 Member
    Chocolate and mint is terrible.

• brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    Okay, here's one that's bound to be unpopular.
    Cilantro RUINS any food that it comes into contact with. If you put cilantro in it, even in the smallest amount, it is now inedible.
    Keep your nasty putrid weed away from my tacos, pico de gallo, salsa, etc :D

I think this is genetic. Like, for some people, there’s a gene that makes cilantro taste like soap.

It doesn't taste anything like soap to me, though. Just awful.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member

I don't think it's terrible but I never quite trust anyone who says it's their FAVORITE :D
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited February 2020

YES. I hate the whole chocolate peppermint craze around the holidays.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited February 2020
    I love miracle whip, I have had miracle whip sandwiches. ..yup, just miracle whip and bread.

the only GOOD white chocolate is Hershey's cookies and cream... or white chocolate lindt truffles

Remember though that its not really white chocolate?! Real white chocolate is different from the "white cream" hershey and reeses and most of the white chocolate we buy at the store. (real white choc is made with cocoa butter and tastes a lot different) I remember someone posted about that and blew my mind lol.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    I love Lindt white chocolate truffles! There was a bakery by my house that sold chunks of chocolate for baking and I'd spend my money on chunks of white chocolate over regular drugstore candy.

Chocolate peppermint is the best! It took everything in me not to go bonkers at Trader Joe's last Christmas with all the peppermint chocolate. I've been getting ads for Dairy Queen mint blizzards and it's around the corner from me, very tempting!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

You lost me at Hershey's. Should NEVER EVER be used in the same context as 'good chocolate' :tongue:

Agreed.
  • pancakerunner
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

You lost me at Hershey's. Should NEVER EVER be used in the same context as 'good chocolate' :tongue:

Agreed.

I mean, I agree too... But I just mean the combo of white chocolate and cookies and cream ahha
  • pancakerunner

YES. I hate the whole chocolate peppermint craze around the holidays.

Okay... here is my stance on this:

Chocolate and PEPPERMINT = meh
    Chocolate and creme de menthe? = FAVE
  • mbouchard1234
    mbouchard1234 Posts: 45 Member
    Chocolate ice cream in the worst flavour. Though I love chocolate everything else.

Even the mere thought of shepherds pie makes me lose my appetite
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Chocolate ice cream in the worst flavour. Though I love chocolate everything else.

Even the mere thought of shepherds pie makes me lose my appetite

I get you on the chocolate ice cream...so not a favorite of mine, but do love me some good chocolate that's for sure...and shepherd's pie???...even when i ate meat, I found ground beef to be the most vile thing out there and then adding mushy peas and mashed potatoes to the mix?😫
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    I agree with whoever said coconut water is disgusting. Yuck. It has the texture of spit and is just nasty! The only exception is flavored sparkling coconut water, but even then I'd rather just have regular sparkling water.