Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Recipes
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Weird things you do with food

Replies

• o0Firekeeper0oo0Firekeeper0o Member Posts: 316 Member Member Posts: 316 Member
    So happy to find my fellow “chocolate chips in orange juice” freaks. I finally got my husband to try it and he agrees it’s good. I don’t understand why people are so horrified by it; it’s chocolate + orange (which is delicious) + cookie.

I don’t put lime and lemon on all my food, but the foods that do get it get a LOT. I’ve been known to use a whole lime on a burrito. Unsweet tea should have SEVERAL slices of lemon. I’ve been on a kick of putting like 1/4 cup of bottled Key Lime juice into my fizzy water.

I tend to eat my food very equally or from the ‘worst’ bit to the ‘best’. Like if I have a bowl of chips I’ll eat the broken small ones and save the whole and/or folded ones for last. Or if there’s something like cheese and apples, I’ll have to make sure each apple slice has a cheese slice. One element left over just annoys me.

Edit to add: Nacho Doritos dipped in sour cream. You’re welcome/I’m sorry
    edited October 2020
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 10,628 Member Member Posts: 10,628 Member
    ^and we love that you do
  • Sakura_TreeSakura_Tree Member Posts: 142 Member Member Posts: 142 Member
    When I eat chips I almost always lick the flavor off of each chip before hand.
  • acpgeeacpgee Member Posts: 6,137 Member Member Posts: 6,137 Member
    Three parts leftover sauce from a Caribbean seafood boil mixed with one part Chinese oyster sauce is amazing on noodles.
  • SilkysausageSilkysausage Member Posts: 551 Member Member Posts: 551 Member
    I like cottage cheese mixed with canned tuna and red seedless grapes...much to my family's horror
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 10,628 Member Member Posts: 10,628 Member
    I like cottage cheese mixed with canned tuna and red seedless grapes...much to my family's horror

I too have done this - It's quite good
  • Bluetail6Bluetail6 Member, Premium Posts: 2,239 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2,239 Member
    Not so weird; I love nutritional yeast on popcorn :p
  • o0Firekeeper0oo0Firekeeper0o Member Posts: 316 Member Member Posts: 316 Member
    Bluetail6 wrote: »

This reminded me of propensity to use lots of lime or lemon juice and extra salt on my popcorn. My BFF does it too. It was actually one of the few things I was able to eat my 3rd trimester or pregnancy lol
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 6,817 Member Member Posts: 6,817 Member
    Bluetail6 wrote: »

This reminded me of propensity to use lots of lime or lemon juice and extra salt on my popcorn. My BFF does it too. It was actually one of the few things I was able to eat my 3rd trimester or pregnancy lol

I rarely eat it but when I do I like to add my own spices. zux6k37mamb8.png Buffalo, bbq or TJs everything bagel!
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 6,817 Member Member Posts: 6,817 Member
    I like to scrap the charcoal off the pan after cooking something like veggies and dump the bits on my veggies. Gives it a nice charcoal/burnt flavor. I know it is bad for you, but I like the taste.
  • nighthawk584nighthawk584 Member Posts: 1,980 Member Member Posts: 1,980 Member

sounds good actually....I do something similar but use avocado instead of grapes.
    I like to scrap the charcoal off the pan after cooking something like veggies and dump the bits on my veggies. Gives it a nice charcoal/burnt flavor. I know it is bad for you, but I like the taste.

Try blow torching your veggies as you stir fry them in a wok.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/04/dining/stir-fry-recipe-wok-hei.html
  • VeryKatieVeryKatie Member Posts: 5,841 Member Member Posts: 5,841 Member
    My son makes me try his vanilla yogurt/ketchup concoctions...

Ketchup in my chicken noodle soup.
    edited October 2020
  • VeryKatieVeryKatie Member Posts: 5,841 Member Member Posts: 5,841 Member
    stella7x7 wrote: »
    Peanutbutter and apple sauce on my pancakes with cinnamon

Great idea!!! I've been doing pb and jam on waffles but apple sauce would be a great touch... I should try that.
  • B_Plus_EffortB_Plus_Effort Member, Premium Posts: 311 Member Member, Premium Posts: 311 Member
    toss the junk food when the wife and kids aren't looking (friggen mouth breathers) ha ha
    edited October 2020
  • B_Plus_EffortB_Plus_Effort Member, Premium Posts: 311 Member Member, Premium Posts: 311 Member
    I have to pour my drinks into a cup if its in a can, (drives my husband crazy because hes always washing cups that I put sparkling water in :D )

you could dirty every single cup in my house any time, just sayin'

• pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 6,092 Member Member Posts: 6,092 Member
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    My son makes me try his vanilla yogurt/ketchup concoctions...

Ketchup in my chicken noodle soup.

Gag!
    jennxlynch wrote: »
    Put hot sauce on my fried plantains. Everyone who sees me do it thinks I'm crazy, but I swear that's how my friend's family ate them when I was growing up.

thanks a lot now I'm craving plantains, I had a neighbor from Nigeria who made them oh my gawd so good

Here is another technique if you look charred veg.
    https://www.seriouseats.com/2020/08/how-to-dry-char-asparagus.html
  • EML112610EML112610 Member Posts: 27 Member Member Posts: 27 Member
    I butter my pizza 🤭🥴🙈
    Not like the whole thing. Just at the end, maybe the last 2 inches before the crust. Then slabs of cold butter. (Gee wonder what brought me to mfp?)
    If you think about it, its kind of like buttering bread and dipping it in sauce. With cheese. Except its pizza. And its awesome.