The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Happy Thursday everyone!
    Anyone have any big plans for the weekend? Turkey dinners for my fellow Canadians?😊🦃🥂

Yay for Thanksgiving. I have an 11 pound turkey for maybe 3 people. It's what the store gave me. We're thinking of doing it Saturday because it's going to be nice so we can eat outside. So I've made Nanaimo bars and some butter tarts to take to my mom tomorrow. Tomorrow I'll brine the turkey and make an apple pie or something. I've lots of pastry left.

How about you?
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Happy Thursday everyone!
    Anyone have any big plans for the weekend? Turkey dinners for my fellow Canadians?😊🦃🥂

Yay for Thanksgiving. I have an 11 pound turkey for maybe 3 people. It's what the store gave me. We're thinking of doing it Saturday because it's going to be nice so we can eat outside. So I've made Nanaimo bars and some butter tarts to take to my mom tomorrow. Tomorrow I'll brine the turkey and make an apple pie or something. I've lots of pastry left.

How about you?

That sounds delicious!

I hear you - our Thanksgiving is going to be very small this year (thank you rising COVID numbers in Ontario 🙄😫). I work Monday so we’ll probably just do some pumpkin carving/Halloween stuff Sunday. My son doesn’t like turkey so I guess it’s pizza this Thanksgiving 😂😂😂
  • AliNouveau
    Happy Thursday everyone!

How about you?

That sounds delicious!

I hear you - our Thanksgiving is going to be very small this year (thank you rising COVID numbers in Ontario 🙄😫). I work Monday so we’ll probably just do some pumpkin carving/Halloween stuff Sunday. My son doesn’t like turkey so I guess it’s pizza this Thanksgiving 😂😂😂

Thanksgiving pizza sounds good
    We were hoping to have a friend who's all alone over. Dr devilla said stick to your family but being alone isn't good for mental health. But we will wait to see how cases are tomorrow. I will be taking then boy to visit grandma tomorrow in case she gets locked down again which is the rumour at her residence.
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    Morning all (or night night for lots of you).
    Working from home today, so bun-on-head, glasses and tracksuit bottoms today. Childer delighted too as I will be collecting them from schools later on. Frrreezing here, so will turn heater on shortly.

No Thanksgiving here and no plans for the weekend really, we're in this semi lockdown again. Schools still open, but no restaurants, no pubs, no visits to people. You're right @AliNouveau not seeing friends is getting me down a little bit and I'm SO over the Zoom calls at this stage.
  • coffee_n_weights
    coffee_n_weights Posts: 115 Member
    Happy Friday everyone!
    - And Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all my northern neighbors!
    Taking advantage of some warm temps tomorrow to get some outside work done and that's about it, although that talk of pizza makes me think that could happen at some point too:)
  • AliNouveau
    Morning all (or night night for lots of you).
    Working from home today, so bun-on-head, glasses and tracksuit bottoms today. Childer delighted too as I will be collecting them from schools later on. Frrreezing here, so will turn heater on shortly.

No Thanksgiving here and no plans for the weekend really, we're in this semi lockdown again. Schools still open, but no restaurants, no pubs, no visits to people. You're right @AliNouveau not seeing friends is getting me down a little bit and I'm SO over the Zoom calls at this stage.

I haven't minded the lockdown we had. We were allowed to have visits outside basically so we had a few but it's the will there be more restrictions or won't there and what is open or closed right now. We're at the point where cases are rising and they're waffling. I think eating inside restaurants has been stopped, I think I can visit my mom outside but who really knows.

Oh well I just found a new recipe I want to make so I better get up and do that
  • AliNouveau
    And just like that we're back under restrictions.
    Glad I went to see my mom this.
    Anyone want a turkey care package tomorrow? I'm guessing the 5kg turkey I have is going to be a little too much for two of us, maybe this will be the year I convince the boy to eat some.
  • DonaldjNelson
    DonaldjNelson Posts: 40 Member
    Who's getting outside for some fun today? I've taken my allergy meds, filled the water bottles and found a spot to explore.

Went discing this morn at a new course was lots of fun

Oooh fun. My son got to try this in gym class at school and thinks we should try it as a family.

For the second day in a row my walk became a sprint in the rain. Darn fall crazy weather

Darn fall days for sure need a good weekend where you can enjoy the weather and have a family outing such as discing it is lots of fun
  • DonaldjNelson
    DonaldjNelson Posts: 40 Member
    Anyone want a turkey care package tomorrow? I'm guessing the 5kg turkey I have is going to be a little too much for two of us, maybe this will be the year I convince the boy to eat some.

The kids don’t each much turkey either it usually ends up in the fridge and used for sandwiches for 2 weeks
  • AliNouveau

The kids don’t each much turkey either it usually ends up in the fridge and used for sandwiches for 2 weeks

We luckily have two friends we will be taking some to. I'll take my mom some as well. It'll be a very laid back Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    Aw @AliNouveau turkey sambos it is so :D

I’m just back from Ikea, 20 min queue to get in, but kinda nice inside as it wasn’t thronged with people.
    Got some gorgeous cinnamon rolls, the Swedes are great at them, it is going to take a lot of constraint on my part not to eat them all in one go!
  • olehcat
    olehcat Posts: 92 Member
    Hi, all! I just turned 50. I can't believe it.

I have 60-70 pounds to lose. I'm a preschool reading teacher. I have been divorced for 8 years, but right now am living with my ex (LONG story but we're still good friends and he's sheltering here during the pandemic because he normally works overseas and the borders are closed to the country he works in). I love cats, writing, taking walks, zumba (I was in a fantastic zumba class before the lockdown in March), walking, I used to run but I haven't in a long time, I feel like I'm too heavy right now. Anyway, that's me in a nutshell right now. I want to lose weight to be healthy, look better, and be able to be more physically fit again.

Feel free to add me! I don't know how to add people :blush:
  • FutureFit2020
    FutureFit2020 Posts: 128 Member
    Click on a person's profile @olehcat and then click their name again from that page. it should give you the option to "add friend".
  • kdavisson333
    kdavisson333 Posts: 206 Member
    53, been here for a while but just saying hi again. Gonna be tracking macros more accurately again to try and gain that extra 10#'s of muscle. Feel free to add me for this never ending journey!!
  • olehcat
    olehcat Posts: 92 Member
    Thank you, FutureFit2020! :smile:
  • Roadie_Cyclist1987
    Roadie_Cyclist1987 Posts: 13 Member
    48, currently lost a stone and been alcohol free for 5 months. Going to push for another stone over winter. Good luck with your goals.
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Happy Monday everyone!
    It’s a holiday here in Canada but I’m off to work. Thank GAWD health care is a 24 hour a day business or I’d be sitting on my butt overindulging for yet another day 😂🤣😂
    Enjoy your day, all🤗