Welcome New Members!

Replies

• ChangingMe2021
    ChangingMe2021 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi, new here, again. Been away for a couple years. Tried Weight Watchers, but no more meetings since I don't want to go to in person and my virtual ones have closed.
    I think I need to count calories as that is what my doctor wants me to do.
    Back at it. I can do it and so can you all!
  • DonaldjNelson
    DonaldjNelson Posts: 40 Member
    abe297 wrote: »
    Hi I'm new here my brother who lost 20kg following a keto diet recommended this app and so I thought I'd start and take better care of my diet and try to lose some weight

Welcome Abe this is a great place if you use the app honestly tracking food and exercise you will see results. Good luck
  • srisridhar
    srisridhar Posts: 2 Member
    Hi i am new here. I lost about 10kgs in nine months and i guess i have gained by a couple of kgs. I need to lose 15 kgs more. Looking for inspiration and support.
  • AliceKaos
    AliceKaos Posts: 6 Member
    Hello, everyone. I'm in my early 30s. CFS, PCOS, and a ton of undiagnosed issues. Got a disabled husband. Take care of my elderly/dementia grandparents. Just trying to find friends that I can share memes with and talk to about health struggles. I'm still new to MFP and haven't quite decided what my nutrition plan is going to be so I'm just using it as a food diary atm. Add me if you're down for a chill friend that will share silly memes.
  • M_Shay2414
    M_Shay2414 Posts: 63 Member
    I’ve been on and off the app for a couple of years. I had a tendency of giving up and letting mental issues affect me. Well, here I am Now! Back! Needing a life change! That’s what I’m here for!

I’m Matt from Alabama and would love friends for support! I definitely need it!
  • Eldergod73
    Eldergod73 Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2020
    Hello everyone...I new to the community. But I have been using app since it turned up in playstore ☺️
  • paula1207
    paula1207 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, I’m Paula and have been here on and off but hope to be making some good changes in the future.
  • tomaeiou
    tomaeiou Posts: 4 Member
    Hello all! My name is Tommy and I’m just learning the app. I’m morbidly obese and only recently decided to try to get healthy again. You know, when all you hear is that you need to lose weight, sometimes you want to flip the old bird and do your thing. That is what I have been doing for the last 9 years, basically. But, times are a-changing and I want to see some real change in my overall health. One thing I keep putting off is the gym. I just hate the thought of getting those several days of muscle pain from exerting myself. But I plan on hitting the gym tomorrow afternoon I think. Maybe.
  • jacobgardner96
    jacobgardner96 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, all.

I'm Jake. I gained nearly 100 pounds during college. Moving away from home, my food choices went south really quickly, partly due to what I could afford as a student, partly due to the food desert on my university's campus, and partly due to use of alcohol and marijuana.

I am working now, and while my weight continued to creep up, especially during this pandemic, I began to be very conscious of my size. I was never a slim or average guy. I was slightly heavier than I should have been all of my childhood, but these added 100 pounds are dangerous. My confidence has declined, my physical abilities have reduced, and I am now starting to show glucose levels that suggest pre-diabetes. I am only 23 years old, and I want to live a long, full life.

I'm here to make a change. I'm here to drop the extra weight, build my confidence, and reclaim my health. I'm excited to be joining this community.

I am also participating in a weight management program through my healthcare organization, which highly encouraged me to join MyFitnessPal for help tracking my macros (keeping low carb diet) and my exercise.

Feel welcome to connect with me, and let's hold each other accountable to self-improvement!

Much care,
    Jake
  • AquaMeow
    AquaMeow Posts: 296 Member
    Hey new peeps welcome!! Add me as a friend :)
  • devigomez1985
    devigomez1985 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello! My name is Devi from SC. I am here to lose weight and be healthier. I am obese and trying to get from 188 to 125 ( my pre children days) I suffer from IBS and NAFLD which was just diagnosed this year. My main goal is to be healthier so I can look and feel better. I have cut out fried food and red meat. I just started a low carb diet. I walk but still struggle with exercising regularly. Wish me the best guys and same to you 😊
  • myudkin1
    myudkin1 Posts: 3 Member
    I’m pretty new and could definitely do with a few buddies to make me more accountable! Lol 😂

• myudkin1
    myudkin1 Posts: 3 Member
    Ditto; I'd be happy to join your accountability club. My nutritionist/exercise physiologist steered me here a few days ago.
  • VonnieCR
    VonnieCR Posts: 2 Member
    Hi I am new. Wishing I could weigh 94 lbs again. Going to give it a go!
  • Morninbelle
    Morninbelle Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, I’m new again. It’s been a few years since I did MFP. Recently I was doing Noom but after 2 months only lost 10 pounds. I’ve got to loose a lot of weight so I’m here looking to be more motivated and see results.
  • SueLee2963
    SueLee2963 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi everyone, I'm back at this after gaining 30 lbs since March that on top of the 50 lbs i already needed to lose. Looking for friends to help each other along the way, feel free to add me.
  • Photis2020
    Photis2020 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi. I’m new. I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes a couple of years ago and only now getting serious about my health. I’m looking forward to the challenge
  • dijaparacha
    dijaparacha Posts: 1 Member
    Hi guys
    Iam new here. Really nervous and need much needed motivation.