Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• mrsbfe
    mrsbfe Posts: 52 Member

I played some walking games on my phone and it helped me relax.

What is this? I play Sudoku to relax, for some reason it makes me very sleepy. Is this something that makes you actually walk?
  • mrsbfe
    edited October 2020
    JFT Thursday, October 15
    • keep trying
    • plan strength/core exercises
    • remember to look around during walk, not just at the ground
    • stay away from mindless phone games
    • meal planning (very difficult for me)
    • laundry
    • organize tea cabinet
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    JFT - Wednesday Oct 14
    Weight 195.8
    1L of water - :)
    Log all food - :)
    No chips - >:)
    15 minutes of activity - :)
    Gratitude Journal - >:)

JFT - Thursday Oct 15
    Weight 195.6
    1L of water
    Log all food
    No chips
    15 minutes of activity
    Gratitude Journal

@HEGoddard0928 - What a rough day for you, I find walking relaxes me as well.

@SERmom3 - When I quit smoking I was concerned about gaining weight and munching mindlessly was one of the things that was hard to control. I chose to snack on sunflower seeds, the calorie count was a bit high, but they kept my mouth and hands busy so helped a lot. Maybe I should buy some of them again.

@mrsbfe - I don't do meal planning, I find trying to stresses me out too much.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Recap W 10/14 ~ work in conference room day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors) :) 13/14
    2) Net cals zero / 14c water :/ -349 & 15c I miss exercise calories!
    3) AJNH / prep for GA-ROP4CP / catch up some email backlog / save electronics to flash drive for work from home :) 3/4 plus had late day conversations w/ in-charge on folders of mine she was supposedly reviewing ~ all my s/s updates & email updates for WHAT??? >:)
    4) Card & little gift for office-mate / write TY for bday gift / meal plan & grocery list / one more chore :) 4/4 plus called mom & dad for hour chat :smiley:<3
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / 7:00 alarm (walk dog before work at home) :s 1/4

JFT R 10/15 ~ work at home day
    1) Walked dog 3.82 mi :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly
    3) Supper is baked salmon, creamed spinach & leftover wild rice / net cals zero / 14c water
    4) AJNH / webinar 12:00 (pace) / more email backlog / save flash drive to PC / daily update email to manager
    5) Grocery shop / mail TY / reply to electronic card / one more chore
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / 7:00 alarm (walk dog before work at home)

Weather forecast for next seven days has high temps 10 degrees below average, and lows in 30s, maybe even hard freeze. A little early for that, so last night I put the ceramic birdbath in shed and set up electric bath on patio. Want to keep the birds happy.

Hubby texted from work last night that a co-worker was fired, so now his crew is down 2 people instead of only one. His employer hasn't replaced the other guy for over a year. Hubby has been busting his *kitten* on this job, and he is worn out and frustrated to the max. Last week his company asked him to work extra jobs on Saturdays, offering overtime, but hubby said no. And now the day shift supervisor is quaratining because of COVID exposure. Ack!!! I wish I could do something to help.

2020 Goals:
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20) / 5.1.20 (forgot 4.30.20) / 6.3.20 (forgot at ME again) / 6.30.20 / 8.6.20 (forgot July 31 & crazy schedule) / 8.31.20 / 9.30.20
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 on 1.10.20 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 on 2.8.20 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race on 4.2.20 w/ dog 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5.2.20 walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5.16.20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 / 100 Miles Challenge fundraiser (per fitness tracker) & completed 5.18.20 / Bellin Run 10K virtual race on 6.6.20 w/ dog 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14 dog definitely slows my "race pace" / Hope Isn't Canceled virtual 10K on 8.29.20 w/ dog 1:43:10 ave. pace 16:36 / Packers 5K virtual race 9.26.20 w/ dog 52:23 ave. pace 16:41 / Bellin Women's 5K virtual race 10.10.20 w/ dog 52:55 ave. pace 16:57
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May ~ very pleased w/ my progress / reorg in basement June & July
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • FutureFit2020
    FutureFit2020 Posts: 128 Member
    @mytime6630 I have quilt envy. That is gorgeous! DId you make all the ones in your profile pics? How long did the diamond one made of tiny blocks of colour take, it's amazing.

For today I am trying to not get discouraged and break my diet just because the scale hasn't moved.
  • momofthree9845
    momofthree9845 Posts: 30 Member
    JFT - 10/14

- Don't put butter on my bread (sounds silly but I'm OBSESSED) >:)
    - Go to the gym and yoga :)
    - Do at least two hours of work >:)
    - Read (something fun for myself) >:)

JFT 10/15

- Work for two hours
    - Eat mindfully at both lunch and dinner
    - Work out and go to Yoga
    - Go for an outside walk for at least 30 minutes
    - Move hourly

@cschmitz110515 Thanks for the welcome. And happy belated birthday to you! I turned 40 on Oct 8 - we're close. I agree about the scale trends being more important than daily figures. I saw your goal of drinking 14c - is that 14 cups? Way to go!

@Snowflake1968 Thanks for the welcome. It's really inspiring you lost 25 lbs using MFP. It's such a great app/program. I did WW twice and it didn't work.

I really need to get my but into gear when it comes to working from home. I can find almost anything else to do but sitting at my computer is hard work. I'm a graphic designer/social media manager so I have to be on the ball. It's my passion and I love my job but right now my motivating is down the drain. So my goal is at least two hours of work.

Hope everyone has a good day today.
  • mrsbfe
    @Snowflake1968 It's nice to know other people get stressed at thought of meal planning!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Wednesday 15 October

So it’s Thursday today not Wednesday; I’m obviously loosing my marbles!

Log :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Water :)
    Fitbit exercise goals :) Another nice walk enjoying the unseasonably warm weather.
    Happy Scale weight trend ⬇️ 0.5kg lost in last 7 days 😊

Goodnight all 🐝
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,932 Member
    🎃🕸🕷👻🕷🕸🎃
    🎃🕸🕷👻OCTOBER🦹👻🕷🕸🎃
    🎃🕸🕷👻🕸🕷🎃
    What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)

Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
      01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri
      SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 150

Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Jun: +0.2[c]
      1 Aug: 149.9
      01 Sept: 149.4
      09 Sept: 149.5
      1 Oct: 149.2
      October Daily Goals: Week 3/b]
      Thu: ✅ Fri: Sat: Sun:
      Mon: Tue: Wed:
      Taking advantage of the milder weather to enjoy coastal path walks with DH/DYD/Her dogs before the days get too short.
      Weight < 155: ✅
      1 Aug 2019: 170.1
      2020:
      1 Sept 149.4
      13 Sept: 152.2 (birthday - DH)
      30 Sept: 149.4
      1 Oct: 149.2
      3 Oct: 148,6
      6 Oct: 148.0
      Reduce Fat%: ✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.3
      Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7
      Calories in the green 🦄
      Steps > 7500 🏃🏽‍♀️
      Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily🦄
      Active hours > 6 daily🦄

Positive intentions:
      🌟Meditation ✅
      🌟Exercise ✅
      🌟Family Skype
      🌟Cut out/sew masks
      🌟Gardening: 🌟Declutter✅
      🌟Laundry ✅ 🌟Circuits ✅
      😜Housework ✅🌟Plan shopping ✅
      🌟Shopping
      🌟Write 3 pages or 15 minutes a day 🦄
      🌟Update Journal🦄
      🌟Crochet🦄 🌟Puzzles ✅
      🌟Watch TV✅ 🌟Read 🌟

🦋 Terri

• mytime6630
      mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
      edited October 2020
      @mytime6630 I have quilt envy. That is gorgeous! DId you make all the ones in your profile pics? How long did the diamond one made of tiny blocks of colour take, it's amazing.

For today I am trying to not get discouraged and break my diet just because the scale hasn't moved.

Oh thank you. Yes, I've been quilting a long time. The diamond one was for my grandson .. who loves bright colors! It is a very easy pattern (Trip around the world). Its the best therapy for me to be sewing :)

And I am like you .... trying not to get discouraged. The scale can go up so easy, but takes so much more to have it go down! But don't give up!
    • mytime6630
      mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
      Been so busy .. I am trying to get so much done before the cold weather hits. Had a stressful nite last nite with my daughter... and I think I finished off a bag of marshmallows and chocolate candy bars (that we had bought for smores).
      But today is a new day... and did much better today

Goals for tomorrow, friday
      1. log all food
      2. mindful eating
      3. concentrate on drinking water
      4. healthy snacking in the evening
      5. start xmas projects .. I am needing something to get me back motived in sewing. Somehow the past 3 months I am having a hard time to get motivated to do anything as far as sewing.
    • ZizzyBumble
      ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
      Friday 16 October

Log
      Stay in the green
      5 fruit and veg
      Water
      Fitbit exercise goals
      Happy Scale weight trend ⬇️ 0.6 kg lost in last 7 days 😊
    • SERmom3
      SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
      THURSDAY:
      - No chips/no snacking🟢
      - Exercise🟢
      - Log food🔴
      - E to soccer🟢
      - Fish pick up🟢
      - Library pick up🟢
      - Curriculum night at school🟢
      - Church meeting🟢

I did pretty good food wise yesterday, but didn’t log it. However, I did avoid the mindless snacking, so that’s a win.

JFT FRIDAY:
      - email school for availability
      - Organize backpacks for next week
      - Reach out to church for volunteer opportunity
      - No chips/snacking
      - Log food
      - Exercise
      - R to soccer (if not rained out)

***NO CHIPS OR SNACKING IN OCTOBER**
      Earn a leaf 🍁 for each day I complete without one bite of chips (crisps) or mindless snacking! 🤐
      October 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15
      🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

Have a great day! 🌟
    • WellingTX
      WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
      Good day

For Thursday success isn’t a straight line but I can’t simply accept my failures. Don’t dwell but work to understand and learn.

1800 calories: 1738
      Work out for 80 minutes: 86 minutes including a 2.76 mile walk
      Make good choices: Made good choices all day. Kept below my goals bjrctives
      Support my bride: Easy to do, she always supports me
      Eat dinner at the table and walk afterwards. Both unplugged. For real, don’t snack or eat on the couch: Done, done and done. No eating on the couch and an enjoyable stroll with my bride.

For Friday, be who I want to be. If I want to be healthy, take actions in alignment.

1900 calories:
      Work out 80 minutes, find the time:
      Make good choices:
      Support my bride:
      Going to an event this evening. Avoid car food and eating on the couch when I get home:
    • TiffanyPe17
      TiffanyPe17 Posts: 107 Member
      Just for today, Thursday October 15th, 2020 I will:

•Walk-try for same distance as yesterday✅ I didn’t go quite as far since I only had time for one walk. But, I did get over 3 miles in for my exercise and an additional mile just walking around doing life. So over 4 miles, I’m happy with that.
      •Client✅
      •Look at new office spaces❌Landlord had to move this to the weekend
      •Laundry✅✅✅ I got a ton of laundry washed,
      Folded, and put away!

Just for today Friday, October 16th, 2020 I will:

•Walk
      •Eat 3 meals
      •Finger printing- FINALLY!!

• FutureFit2020
      FutureFit2020 Posts: 128 Member
      mytime6630 wrote: »

Oh thank you. Yes, I've been quilting a long time. The diamond one was for my grandson .. who loves bright colors! It is a very easy pattern (Trip around the world). Its the best therapy for me to be sewing :)

And I am like you .... trying not to get discouraged. The scale can go up so easy, but takes so much more to have it go down! But don't give up!

:)
    • Snowflake1968
      Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
      JFT - Thursday Oct 15
      Weight 195.6
      1L of water - 👿
      Log all food - 👿
      No chips - 🙂
      15 minutes of activity - 👿
      Gratitude Journal 👿

JFT - Friday Oct 16
      Weight 195 per the doctors scale - 196.8 per mine.
      1L of water
      Log all food
      No chips
      15 minutes of activity
      Gratitude Journal

@cschmitz110515 - employers don’t realize how much they ask of people and expect that money makes it all better, I hope there is a change in that mentality someday.

I am sitting at the doctors office waiting for my daughter. Unintentionally, we had back to back appointments scheduled. It worked out well since she’s in a boot and can’t drive right now. Michaela is with Grampie and we’ll have to go get her and bring her back home as soon as we leave here.

I had my first physical in 2 years, not sure how I missed last year, I’m usually on top of it.

My blood pressure is a little elevated and I found out that the headaches I’ve been having are actually migraines not sinuses as I thought. She has given me 2 prescriptions to try to help so I don’t have to take as much Advil as I have been taking.