The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• balanc41
    balanc41 Posts: 1,508 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    balanc41 wrote: »
    I'm In the UK so my day is nearly done but for the evening my plans are mainly cleaning based. :|

Enjoy Harry Potter! 2 of mine have used lock down to work their way through the books and are obsessed. They watched the movies during the Christmas school holidays before and are always asking to rewatch them.

I’m starting them with the movies before my oldest reads them. She is a pain in the butt to watch movies with after she reads them🤣

The books are always better than the movies so this is a good way. We read the princess bride after seeing the movies and kept saying omg they missed this or that

I agree! Books are better by far
  • Nancymcgregor
    Nancymcgregor Posts: 150 Member
    Hi I’m Nancy and I’m from the Peak District in the UK. Looking for some friends for accountability. At 42 I’ve just hit the perimenopause and the weight has been easy to gain and hard to get off. Feel free to add me x
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    Happy Sunday all! Hope your weekend is lovely!
    Mine was fairly uneventful, but at least it was relaxing enough.
    My youngest (12) has a head full of snot, so can't send her to school tomorrow, I'll be working from home for a day or two I reckon. Schools are insanely strict now, but it's understandable of course. At least this Covid malarkey made WFH a lot easier.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Happy Sunday all! Hope your weekend is lovely!
    Mine was fairly uneventful, but at least it was relaxing enough.
    My youngest (12) has a head full of snot, so can't send her to school tomorrow, I'll be working from home for a day or two I reckon. Schools are insanely strict now, but it's understandable of course. At least this Covid malarkey made WFH a lot easier.

Do you have to fill out screening questionnaires to send them to school? We have an app to clear our kids on for our school. I think a snotty nose was removed from the list because the testing clinics were getting jammed with kids with runny noses.

We dropped off come goodies I made to the mom and daughter who look after my boy. They're a nice family. I cleaned hubs' office today as well. He's a slob and has piles of work everywhere. I really want to organize and file everything
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,935 Member
    In case you were curious:

Lobster mushroom:

tzcefdbgujt8.jpg

Yellowfoot chanterelles:

in555p5tz0t4.jpg

Fly agaric:

wk9hjbjweess.jpg
  • LunaTheFatCat

Do you have to fill out screening questionnaires to send them to school? We have an app to clear our kids on for our school. I think a snotty nose was removed from the list because the testing clinics were getting jammed with kids with runny noses.

No it's the same here, a runny nose is fine. It's just hers is so runny and it goes in in her throat which makes her cough at times. Plus her runny nose is often followed by an ear infection (= temperature) so in that case she would have to go through the testing even though you know it's nothing serious. So we'll just have to leave it clear and she should be good to go tomorrow or Wednesday.
    If the schools are even staying open that is. We're expecting an announcement today. Looks like we're going on full lockdown again, the only thing we don't know yet are the schools.
  • LunaTheFatCat
    WOW those mushrooms look insane @mtaratoot I absolutely love exotic mushrooms, but they cost a fortune here unfortunately.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member

No it's the same here, a runny nose is fine. It's just hers is so runny and it goes in in her throat which makes her cough at times. Plus her runny nose is often followed by an ear infection (= temperature) so in that case she would have to go through the testing even though you know it's nothing serious. So we'll just have to leave it clear and she should be good to go tomorrow or Wednesday.
    If the schools are even staying open that is. We're expecting an announcement today. Looks like we're going on full lockdown again, the only thing we don't know yet are the schools.

Hope your daughter is ok. Better to keep her off anyway so she can get better

So are the schools still in? Do they have remote learning set up? Our public system is a mess. They made people choose between remote or in class. The school my son is at streams every class online so if you're sick you still can check out the remote class
  • LunaTheFatCat
    Good morning y’all! Let’s start the week off great... by getting back in bed and waiting for the weekend

You know what, I reckon that's the only thing to do!!
  • LunaTheFatCat

Hope your daughter is ok. Better to keep her off anyway so she can get better

So are the schools still in? Do they have remote learning set up? Our public system is a mess. They made people choose between remote or in class. The school my son is at streams every class online so if you're sick you still can check out the remote class

Yeah they were off from March, back in from September, but I wouldn't be surprised if they close again.
    My girls (12 & 13) are in a so-called digital school, so it's all iPad based and this worked brilliantly during the first lockdown. The classes aren't streamed as such, but they communicate and get all their work done through that medium, so she can just do her work while she's off.
    WFH suits me, working on two tenders at the moment, which is actually easier to do at home on my own.
  • coffee_n_weights
    coffee_n_weights Posts: 115 Member
    Good morning y’all! Let’s start the week off great... by getting back in bed and waiting for the weekend

Best suggestion ever.

This! Such a hard time getting out of bed today. Took the weekend away from here a bit with some family in from out of town but back to it today.
    Hope you all are starting out strong today!☕️
  • broadwey21
    broadwey21 Posts: 39 Member
    Hi ... just looking for some new friends to mutually support and cheer for, what say you? add me in :)
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Morning all...anyone have an IV for my coffee? Draaaaaaging here
  • _canadianbakin_
    _canadianbakin_ Posts: 413 Member
    Good morning. It’s only 730 here so I’m still in bed.
  • TomAmrein
    TomAmrein Posts: 8 Member
    Ahoy from Adelaide South Australia, 54 years young here, and after a year or so without any excersise due to medical issues, aaaaaand then Covid, I finally got my *kitten* into gear and back into the gym 6 days a week, 5 days weights, one day of cardio. 2 days of them 6 spent with a PT. He told me about MFP and it's been such a blessing. Taken all the hard work out of counting calories etc. Joined MFP approx 4 weeks ago, and have steadily lost approx 1kg per week. Snooping around the app I then discovered the Community section. Never knew it was here. Aaaaanywho, not sure what else to say. My thingy (not sure what it is called, lol) is public (So my PT can spy on what I'm eating) so if anyone wants to follow my progress then feel free to send a request, and good luck to all on your fitness journeys :)

Congrats on the weight-loss! Keep up the good work!
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    broadwey21 wrote: »
    Hi ... just looking for some new friends to mutually support and cheer for, what say you? add me in :)

Hey there!
    I’m Jennie👋
    Sending you a FR😊

• forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Good morning. It’s only 730 here so I’m still in bed.

Move over Shanners! I’m crawling in with you 😂😂😂😂