Horror Movies

Options

Replies

• savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    @JessBbody it definitely gets better as the season goes on. I didn't think it was scary either but i think it kinda fits the horror-ish theme.
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    That “Home” episode from Thr X-Files...

Pretty messed up.

Oh my gosh that episode is...a lot. I think it was actually banned in a couple of places.

It’s truly nightmarish.

I love some X-Files though!
  • fstrickl
    Options
    It’s prime spook season friends! What are you watching? I’m watching some classics I’ve never seen before. Tonight we watched The Blair Witch Project. Gotta say, amazing atmosphere of creepiness.
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    fstrickl wrote: »
    It’s prime spook season friends! What are you watching? I’m watching some classics I’ve never seen before. Tonight we watched The Blair Witch Project. Gotta say, amazing atmosphere of creepiness.

Watching Joe Bob on Shudder tonight, Haunt is going right now....one of my favorite recent-horror movies
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

I'm still in the middle of my "31 Days of Horror" challenge. All the movies are ones I've never seen (and that's getting harder and harder to come by). So far, there have been some good films, but a lot of mediocre ones.
  • fstrickl
    Options

I'm still in the middle of my "31 Days of Horror" challenge. All the movies are ones I've never seen (and that's getting harder and harder to come by). So far, there have been some good films, but a lot of mediocre ones.

I can only imagine how many mediocre ones there are. I’m no movie expert, but Horror seems to be hard to do well and not always taken seriously.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I just finished this one and it was pretty entertaining. Not really scary (but it takes a lot to get me going in this genre). More edgy, slightly humorous with a few twists thrown in.

pnq6eed59x9a.jpg
  • savannahs21
    Options
    Does The Walking Dead count? I use to watch it but stopped, recently got back into it.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Really liked - The Haunting of Hill House

The Conjuring series still freaks me out. Can’t wait part 3!

b9k9dldeec97.jpeg

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Does The Walking Dead count? I use to watch it but stopped, recently got back into it.

sure

*shrug
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    I just watched the updated version of Truth or Dare and it was pretty cringe-worthy (in a good way...lol)

Eli is really good too and I think it’s still on Netflix.
  • savannahs21
    Options
    I really enjoyed Eli! @forestfreek
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed Eli! @forestfreek

The ending was not at all what I was expecting which is really refreshing when it comes to a horror movie. Definitely a really well-done and creepy one :smiley:
  • Sophisticatted_Gentlemanz
    Options
    Salem's Lot and possibly CarousHELL tonight
  • Kindhearts30
    Kindhearts30 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    IT
  • savannahs21
    Options
    Anything new? I've watched I Care A Lot, not in the horror category but it slightly kind of fits.
    No Escape Room, Hell Fest, Unfriended, and The Open House. I liked them all. Least favorite was The Open House.
  • ___Soundwave___
    ___Soundwave___ Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    -The Color Out of Space
    -Dagon

Both fairly disturbing adaptations of Lovecraft works.
  • savannahs21
    Options
    @___Soundwave___ Thank you! Both sound interesting, added to my list.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Going to keep this list because I seem to be going through a thriller/horror movie phase.
    I mean, there are only so many rom-coms a person can take. :/

Thanks for all the ideas!
  • savannahs21
    Options
    No problem! @ReenieHJ