The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• balanc41
    balanc41 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Good morning sexy middle agers! Apparently my internal alarm clock was not *kitten* off on one day off that I’m able to sleep in😡 can’t go back to sleep so now I guess I’m on the elliptical 🤣
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    @AliNouveau - wow!! That looks amazing 😍

Hey we're you affected by these tornado watches? I saw some areas had wicked hail and winds

We got very high winds and wicked thunderstorms. Quarter sized pieces of hail. I was trying to upload a pic of it but I don’t seem to be able to upload photos on the community boards lately 🙄

• forestfreek
    Good morning everyone!
    Happy Saturday😊
    Anyone have plans this weekend?
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Just woke up, having a cup of coffee, then it's chores time for me. Running a few errands, hoping the gym gets to be one of them. Supposed to have another storm system moving through tomorrow...it's going to be a long winter I'm afraid...
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    @AliNouveau - wow!! That looks amazing 😍

Hey we're you affected by these tornado watches? I saw some areas had wicked hail and winds

We got very high winds and wicked thunderstorms. Quarter sized pieces of hail. I was trying to upload a pic of it but I don’t seem to be able to upload photos on the community boards lately 🙄

We heard the tornado alerts on our drive home from school and saw the hail on the news. It looked pretty bad. We only got a bit of rain and winds
  • AliNouveau
    What's up middle agers?! It's sunny here, cold but sunny so I'll take it.
    I'm going to cook and bake some stuff for some friends today I think
  • forestfreek

Yum🥰
    What are you thinking of making?
  • AliNouveau

Yum🥰
    What are you thinking of making?

I've made sausage rolls and mini tourtiere turnovers. These can easily be frozen and shared with my mom and friends. Next up are sugar cookies and I have to make a stew at some point.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,945 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    @AliNouveau

So ~is~ your family nuts?
    How did the caregiver get his steak cooked? Was it the right "cooked?"

<long story -- TLDR warning>
    I spent about 30 years not eating meat. I eat some now; not a whole lot, but some. Back when I wasn't eating it, there was one time I was visiting my mom's family. She was making filet on the grill. I knew it would make her happy if I ate some even though it usually wasn't on my menu.

When the steaks came off the grill, everybody was served. The steak was cooked perfectly. On the rare side of medium rare. Even though they were filets, my mom marinated them for at least a day. I guess that at least means they had more flavor. Not meat flavor, but flavor. She's told me she doesn't actually like the taste of meat.

Anyway, I was surprised when everyone except me put their steak back on the grill for a while to get more well done. I found it odd that the only person who was enjoying the meatiness of fresh, tasty meat was the person who didn't really eat it.

</TLDR warning>

I hope it was PERFECT, no matter how well done you like it.

So which steak didja chomp on?

I sadly cooked his well done and they were nice steaks from the nice butcher. It broke my heart but since he was one of the ones who looked after my dad as he was dying he got what he asked for.

I always have the filet. I don't like fatty cuts as they usually upset my stomach. It was perfectly rare with an beautifully sear on the outside. I salt steaks before cooking which supposedly makes them beefier tasting and love cooking them in cast iron

I always put either salt an black pepper or lemon pepper seasoning on both sides and let the steak sit out an hour before lighting the coals. That's all the "extra" flavor it needs. If the weather doesn't support charcoal, I use cast iron. Alas - my old house has no vent hood, so I prefer not to do that. I would love to try a sous vide. I'd also like to try smoking a steak. For THAT I would use a temperature probe or two and smoke it until it was just the right temperature.

I got more mushrooms today before the big freeze we have coming the next day or so.
  • Good morning everyone!
    Happy Saturday😊
    Anyone have plans this weekend?

Hi, its 11:34am here in the Philippines and just finished cleaning my house (add'l minuted of cardio hehehehe). I'm just chillin over here at my house.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • forestfreek
    Good morning everyone 🤗
    Nice to see the community boards back up and running.

Coffee time!☕️❤️
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Morning everyone! Agreed that I'm glad these are up again, I was having withdrawls...haha. Hope everyone has something relaxing planned for today :) I'm enjoying my tea, then I'm going to get my crockpot going and curl up with a book while I wait for the rest of the house to wake up.

OK...I sound 80 years old rather than 40 something...hmmm.
  • forestfreek
    @cgrout78 - I’ve been spending a lot of this weekend reading. Love me a good book ❤️
  • AliNouveau
    cgrout78 wrote: »
    Morning everyone! Agreed that I'm glad these are up again, I was having withdrawls...haha. Hope everyone has something relaxing planned for today :) I'm enjoying my tea, then I'm going to get my crockpot going and curl up with a book while I wait for the rest of the house to wake up.

OK...I sound 80 years old rather than 40 something...hmmm.

Haha. I'm always the first up waiting for everyone else while obsessively watching the news.

What's going in the crock pot
  • AliNouveau
    Hey everyone, I am 49 years old. Can I get in on this group?

Dude no need to ask just start posting. We're all welcoming. Well unless you're one of those young whipper snappers