The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• BordeauxBee
    BordeauxBee Posts: 69 Member
    One small thing today, nice photo. I gazed at it for a few. The water does look peaceful. Thank you for sharing.
    At my age, I feel like I need some hand holding. Reassurance. I hate it. Normally such a proud person. I now find myself. Stuck in the past. Dwelling on the weight I have to lose and the insecurities it has brought about. Ugh....
    Hopefully, this group can offer some insight.

BordeauxBee. Hello Group☺️
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    Happy Sunday all, hope it's going well for you. I like Sundays and I especially like this one, as we have a Bank Holiday here tomorrow, so it's kinda Saturday still.

Went for a mini hike in the mountains this morning, the 12 year old came along and was particularly whingy, so one hour was the max we could stretch it to. Then we went for a shop for healthy food, as the same whingy one was complaining she wants to be more healthy but I'm not strict enough on her healthy eating :D . Which is true I guess, I never force the childer to eat vegetables, I just don't think that would work, sure I can't shove it in her mouth.
    Roast dinner tonight (chicken, roast potatoes and carrots, corn on the cob) so at least she'll eat that.

@forestfreek what are you reading? I always have my kindle at an arm's length, and can't sleep unless I've read a few pages first at least. Currently reading The poison tree by Erin Kelly.
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    @LunaTheFatCat - how is the book you’re reading?
    Right now I’m reading Revival by Stephen King. So far, so good.

@Diatonic12 - your C&W is welcome here just as much as anyone else’s posts. We’re all here to support and cheer each other on no matter what ❤️❤️❤️
    I was only teasing you😂💕
  • forestfreek
    @OneSmallThingToday - good choice. The laundry and chores can wait. That view is too gorgeous to waste ❤️❤️❤️
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    @OneSmallThingToday what a gorgeous view, i'd blow off chores for that as well. @LunaTheFatCat so jealous that you have a good place to hike. It's only 23 degrees here this morning and everything is icy, so not so much an option here today anyway!!
  • _canadianbakin_
    _canadianbakin_ Posts: 413 Member
    It's a cold day in BC, drinking all the coffee.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,945 Member
    Not ALL the coffee. You can't have mine. I need it....

☕️ ☕️ ☕️ ☕️ ☕️ ☕️ ☕️
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    It's a cold day in Ontario too. I'm making all the cozy warm foods.
  • forestfreek
    It's a cold day in BC, drinking all the coffee.

Our weather is finally catching up to yours, Shan. It’s way colder here than it was a few days ago🥶

@AliNouveau - watcha making today?
  • AliNouveau
    And now I'm hiding out inside while the neighbours use our shared driveway for a garage sale. I don't want to have to be exposed to strangers. It's enough hubs invited friends for a socially distanced backyard hang out
  • OneSmallThingToday
    OneSmallThingToday Posts: 121 Member
    cgrout78 wrote: »
    @OneSmallThingToday what a gorgeous view, i'd blow off chores for that as well.
    I’m so lucky, this is just a few miles from home, it’s a bike/hike trail right along the Hudson River. They’re building a new pedestrian lane on the closest overpass, so as soon as they open that up, I’ll probably do most of my walking On the trail, since I can get there without hopping in the car 😁
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited October 2020
    @northviewvintage That sounds just like my father. He goes to the mirror and says, The ol'kid is lookin' pretty good today! The ol'kid is in good voice today! Meaning quality of tone. Like it. Mac Davis died 9-29-20 RIP

Ali's food is out of this world.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    @slimgirljo15 is the beating heart of the forum. @forestfreek is the backbone. I'm just an ol'hound dog gnawing on a bone. I promise no mo country songs on your thread. Ever. I don't want to break the forum ever again with too much country music. All y'all have a good day. So long now.

🤗 You are such a positive, sweet and kind influence on the forums.. we are lucky to have you.
    Post anything you wish lovely 🙂

Good morning Middle-agers.. well 2 days of rain here and I gotta say I'm totally enjoying it, it had been so long since we'd had some good rain. I swear my tomatoes, zucchinis and capsicum plants have tripled in size over the weekend.
    I think a snuggle in a warm blanket on the lounge, watch a good movie kind of day.
    I hope you all have a great day 🙂
  • forestfreek
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    @forestfreek so I follow lots of cooking and baking thing on Instagram so I always want to try what I see. One was caramel corn this morning but there's been a trend to tie string around a loaf of bread before it rises so it ends up looking like a pumpkin. Then you shove in a cinnamon stick "stem". I'm kinda happy with how this turned out 84szuj6o1ly4.jpg
    71v3yqtpl5qy.jpg

That looks totally amazing!!!!!!!

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Hey everyone, I am 49 years old. Can I get in on this group?

Yes of course. I'm in on the 50-ish part. Been "-ish" for 4 years now, so perhaps soon get expelled. 🤣
  • AliNouveau
    That pumpkin bread looks awesome! That is impressive nice work!

I'm thinking of other patterns to try or maybe doing a cinnamon swirl next. It's easy but looks fancy
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Been working way too much. My first day to peruse the community section in a while. Glad to see that y'all are alive and well.

My dog, Daisy, got spayed on Friday, so I had a couple of days off from dog walking duty. But today she was full of energy, so we went back to the regular routine. It was cold and windy, but that will be the norm here until spring. Invigorating, as they say!
  • Clau_Ioana1202
    Clau_Ioana1202 Posts: 40 Member
    Hey everyone, what are you up to today? Nice weather (still) around here, about 18 degrees to come in the afternoon. Are you working from home or working out from home? :smile: