What are you doing RIGHT NOW???

Replies

• Smooth jazz, hot tea. Boyfriend went to bed. Girlfriend's shut up in her room gaming. The cat has a cricket and is talking excitedly to it.

Trying to decide whether or not to buy a new book or whether I should read one that I have.
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    looking at youtube vids how loooooooooong it takes from going from shaved head to full head of hair and realizing i will need a lot of bandanas and alcohol to make it to May next year
  • That's why I keep not cutting my hair.

Plus someday I can be that tough old woman with the long braid of silver hair, and I like that idea.
  • MiNinaLisa
    That's why I keep not cutting my hair.

Plus someday I can be that tough old woman with the long braid of silver hair, and I like that idea.

the roots were growing in during covid and i badly needed a cut. nothing was open yet up here so i just got my husband to clipper it. it was a fresh change at first. then i was getting him to do it every week on a four setting. now i just hate it. :#
  • My son and I both have the same sort of thick, straight hair. As near as I can tell there's two options. He takes the one of running clippers over it short enough that he doesn't have to comb it. My option is to grow it out long so it goes back in a bun/ponytail/braid and is out of my way.

I wish he'd grow it out, though, it's the prettiest dark auburn without any carroty-ness in it, and with his brown eyes it's unusual and striking. (sigh) Probably when he meets a girl she'll get him to do it.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    siw2tua88adl.jpeg
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    Watchin Forensic Files til my brain shuts off
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    I'm still working on my kid's Halloween costume.. and catching up on anime in my queue.
  • Thinking about the rings I tried on today (yes, engagement rings!) and reading about the development of forensic medicine to calm myself down enough to sleep.
  • JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    Sitting on my balcony drinking chamomile tea. PO'd at the library for charging me a late book fee, canceling all my holds and not allowing me to check out more books due to a glitch.now I have nothing to read.

Contemplating taking a shower but it's late and I'm tired. Wondering what to eat to fill in the final 500 calories of the day. I think there might be chocolate involved.
  • seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member
    I support you on the chocolate
  • Waking up and taking a boatload of supplements. (sigh) But I do feel better if I take them. And also the med that lets me think straight, cause that's kind of critical. I really didn't want to have to take meds every day, but I've finally got myself round to just accepting that that's the way things are.

And now hot tea and an English muffin. I need to prelog to see if it's a sausage sandwich or just a muffin.
  • MiNinaLisa
    JessBbody wrote: »
    Sitting on my balcony drinking chamomile tea. PO'd at the library for charging me a late book fee, canceling all my holds and not allowing me to check out more books due to a glitch.now I have nothing to read.

Contemplating taking a shower but it's late and I'm tired. Wondering what to eat to fill in the final 500 calories of the day. I think there might be chocolate involved.

bummer about the books. i felt lost when the library was closed due to the lockdown. and i vote yes for chocolate if it doesn't keep you up at night ...
  • The cat chittering at the birds from the back porch, and my girlfriend in her room gaming. I don't know when she woke up, but I got up at 7 and she was already up, so we'll see when she comes out. Listening for Boyfriend to get up so I can start his coffee.

Buying myself a new bra because I'm getting to where I am closing this one on the tightest hooks. I will want to have a size down when I start getting neck pain for "no apparent reason". That always means the bra isn't doing it's job and the weight is hanging from my shoulders and neck. And I know this, and yet I always put up with two or three days of neck pain before I go, "AHA!" and actually get out the supportive bra. I don't know why I always do that.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Sitting on my bed wrapped in blankets typing this and watching “If We Built It Today”, this one is Roman aqueducts.
  • stacshelb
    stacshelb Posts: 550 Member
    Thinking about going for a walk.
  • Sitting with my boyfriend. I've been reading about vertebrate histology and he's reading the Bible, and in a few minutes when the water heater recharges, he'll go have a shower, and when he's done with the shower and the water heater recharges, I'll finish two days worth of dishes. Whee!

I am fine with just sitting a lot cause I'm cramping, but we're out of clean dishes so something has to be done.
  • brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member
    Sitting with my boyfriend. I've been reading about vertebrate histology and he's reading the Bible, and in a few minutes when the water heater recharges, he'll go have a shower, and when he's done with the shower and the water heater recharges, I'll finish two days worth of dishes. Whee!

I am fine with just sitting a lot cause I'm cramping, but we're out of clean dishes so something has to be done.

@AlexandraFindsHerself1971

What does that mean? I’ve never heard that.