Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    Gel-poop? Anyone want to try this?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    yirara wrote: »

Presumably your body would expel it just like regular cellulose . . . not that I'd want to find out.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    @yirara

:lol: That sounded way more combative than I meant it to! You're my green underwater sheep AV friend!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    edited November 2020
    @yirara

:lol: That sounded way more combative than I meant it to! You're my green underwater sheep AV friend!

Don't worry. I can deal with combative. Hey I'm an odd, somewhat slimy underwater thingy :D
    GreenPower!
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member

Presumably your body would expel it just like regular cellulose . . . not that I'd want to find out.

Except, known side effects include bowel blockage/obstruction, so one might end up needing emergency surgery. 🤷‍♀️
  • janejellyroll

Except, known side effects include bowel blockage/obstruction, so one might end up needing emergency surgery. 🤷‍♀️

Yikes. Yeah, I think I'll stick with my broccoli.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Just use psyllium husks...lots of fiber and totally takes the hunger away!
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member

It’s also a porcine gelatin capsule! Just in case you, as a vegan, ever changed your mind! 😂
  • janejellyroll

It’s also a porcine gelatin capsule! Just in case you, as a vegan, ever changed your mind! 😂

It's absolutely the broccoli for me then! :)
  • janejellyroll
    Right from their website “in conjunction with diet and exercise” “on average people lost 22 pounds in 24 weeks”.

The general weight loss target for most people is 1-2 pounds per week.

For my money, I’d rather eat food, drink water and exercise.

Track what you eat to keep yourself accountable.

Good luck

I think the specific issue is to help people who find it difficult to meet their calorie goal because they feel excessive hunger. So the issue isn't that they're telling people that they won't need to eat food, drink water, and exercise -- this is a tool that is meant to help people who are struggling to do that consistently.

• janejellyroll
    I would respectfully submit, my problem was never with feeling full or not. It was taste, texture, inattentiveness, simple greed, not acknowledging (or possibly even having, lol) an “off” switch.

Same problem a lot of people with bariatric surgery have. The stomach is smaller, but many still feel compelled to eat more than it can contain.

I think that’s the problem for a lot of people, and honestly not sure a pill that will make you feel 25% fuller would make any difference.

Even successfully having lost a lot of weight, that still troubles me, as evidenced by the package of cookie dough I scarfed down the other night.

I think you’d have to be sincerely honest with yourself why you eat, and then why you continue eating before you commit to this. But even to this day, I can’t tell you what makes me tick, so I can imagine it’s equally as hard for others.

It does tickle my sarcastic funny bone, however, to see all the weight loss spam tacked on to the comments for the new wonder pill of the moment.

Excellent points. If you're addressing the wrong problem, you're going to get nowhere.