Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Options
    Hey when will a final count come in for the US election?
    Do you find out at midnight or something or is it as soon as either person hits 270 votes?
  • JAC581
    JAC581 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Hey when will a final count come in for the US election?
    Do you find out at midnight or something or is it as soon as either person hits 270 votes?

They will call it once a candidate gets 270. I'm trying not to stress eat in the meantime.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,197 Member
    Options

SW: 192
    1st goal weight: 185
    2nd goal weight: 180
    ultimate goal weight: 175
    weigh in every monday

Todays weight 188.8
    Nov 1: 192
    Nov 2: 192
    Nov 3: 190
    Nov 4: 188.8

Goals for today
    1. log all food :) Back in control!
    2. concentrate on drinking water :)
    3.watch inner thoughts ... I CAN get this weight off and feel better. :)
    4. apple in the evening .. and water :)
    5. get back on here. Be accountable :)

Goals for today
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on drinking water
    3.watch inner thoughts ... I CAN get this weight off and feel better.
    4. apple in the evening .. and water
    5. get back on here. Be accountable

• WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Solid day on Tuesday

For Tuesday, keep up my momentum

1900 calories: 1767
    Work out for 35 minutes: 38 minutes
    Make good choices: Did all day.
    Support my bride. She’s my “why”: Easy to do
    Eat dinner at the table and at least try to walk afterwards, both unplugged. Don’t eat on the couch:Did not even try to walk but nailed the other two

For Wednesday, stay committed while on the road all day.

1900 calories
    Not committing to working out:
    Make good choices, don’t duck into a drive through:
    Support my bride:
    Eat dinner and the table and walk afterwards, both unplugged. Do not eat on the couch:
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    sarah74_vt wrote: »
    I've been away from this discussion for a LONG time now, but I need to get back on track. Coming to this thread daily helped me SO much before...just adding my daily post and reading other's posts and comments helped keep me motivated.

I had lost about 50 lbs, but have gained back 25. :'( I'm trying not to beat myself up over it, but honestly that's been hard. I used to go to the gym daily, but now I just can't get myself to go. I need to get back on track and move forward. Joining back in on this thread is my first step.

So JFT (11/2/20):

Log all my food
    Go for a walk
    Drink 40 oz water
    Take my vitamins!

Sarah!!!!! YOU'RE BACK! So happy to see you! Don't beat yourself up! You're still down 25 lbs! You'll get the other back off. I've been on this thread since Joan started it in 2015, and I've gained a little bit every year, but have worked through so many other emotional, stressful life things by coming here and I think I'm finally in a place where I'm ready to really focus and drop the weight. I have been MIA off and on this year, so I'm trying to get back in the habit of coming daily again. This year has been a doozy for everyone I think! (((HUGS)))

We've got this!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @acrylicfox Your vitamins was my dishes before I moved. The other women can tell you! I fought with myself every day about doing the dishes! It was a source of many laughs! Now I have a dishwasher and it's only slightly better. Lol

HAHAHA! @acrylicfox She's not lying! I laughed so many times over Hannah's dishes dilemma! Provided much entertainment! :mrgreen:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @mytime6630 My story in a couple of paragraphs...

I have been with you since 2015! If I remember correctly, I think @bookmeister86 has too? :)

My story is that I have been struggling to lose weight for years, but only about 20 lbs or so. When I joined MFP, I had gone through treatment for breast cancer during which I had gained weight putting me higher than I'd ever been...I don't remember the number exactly, but it was the 190's, and I'm 5'4". Steroids and hormone blockers really did a number on me. I was depressed, anxious and overweight when I joined. When I found your JFT in 2015, I was so excited. I had never thought of making daily goals instead of yearly goals. What a great idea!

I feel like this group is what helped me get through a very difficult time and make a huge decision that was lifechanging. After nearly 30 years at one organization doing the same type of work, the stress finally was not worth the toll it was taking on my life, and I changed careers and organizations. I used Just For Today to help work through the emotional, stressful baggage and struggles and to try to not eat my emotions during that time. It was the best decision I ever made, but it was huge and I couldn't have made it through that year without this group and ya'll.

Now, due to my position being eliminated from the Covid shutdowns, I have decided to be retired 5 years early and I'm on a whole new journey. I love this group. It helps me not just with weight, but it helps me with life changes.

I will never be able to thank you enough for thinking of and starting Just For Today 5 years ago. I have made who I consider lifetime friends on this thread and can't imagine not having it! It's kind of like an online "home"...always here when you need to come back and always with arms wide open! :kissing_heart:

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    My husband finished painting the basement walls for me yesterday! Yea!!! They're white now, which really brightens it up and helps it to not look nearly as dingy as it did. Now I get to rearrange furniture and my sewing room however I want, and it will now be my sewing room, book nook, and treadmill/work out area. We still need to get the floor carpeted, and put more light fixtures in the ceiling since there's just one small window on my side, but it's done enough to spend some time organizing and deciding how it want it to ultimately be. Pretty exciting! I'd only been asking for this for 5 years now... :mrgreen: I have some bright quilt wall hangings to put up and some other pictures that will make it bright and inviting. I plan to spend time down there sewing, reading in my recliner, watching movies or working out. I never thought I'd have my own space like this, so I'm pumped!

I've been going through bags, boxes and bins of clothing that was stored down there. Laundering it and diving into keep, toss and donate piles. Boy, is that ever a good time.... :unamused: I'm hoping to finish up today and I'm in the mood to toss so hopefully I finally just tell myself if I haven't worn it since 2011, I'm probably not going to be able to fit into it again ever and it'll be out of style anyway! Why is that so hard? 🤪

Well, I'd better get my goals written down since it's already 2:00 p.m. I'm really forgetful these days, so my list might have lots of details but I need this to be a running to-do list for my day as well.

Just for Wednesday:
    • Journal food & water intake in MFP and close food journal at the end of the day.
    • #NoBS Weightloss 24H Plan and Assess
    • 64 oz water: Fill two 1 Quart jars full of water and set on counter in plain sight. Drink these before 7:00 p.m.
    • Activity: 7000 steps. 10 stairs. Lymphatic massage, as well as gentle chair yoga or light weight arm work.
    • #NoBS Weightloss Journal tonight
    • Close kitchen at 7:30
    • Evening Routine: Remove make up and moisturize, brush & floss, gratitude journal. daily readings in SA and by JM/DO, read something for pleasure, lights out 10:30 pm. Set alarm and get up early tomorrow morning!

Ongoing
    • Write Matthew a letter and MAIL IT!!!
    • Finish Keep/Toss/Donate sorting
    • Organize basement area. Start with sorting, folding and giving fabric a home! What a mess!
    • Run to the quilt shop for fabric remnants or leftover squares/strips to make Christmas stockings.

WOTY 2020: Persistence!

🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼
    1 urge, 1 choice, 1 change, and 1 pound at a time will get me to goal. It's not a race...it's just every day life.
  • TiffanyPe17
    TiffanyPe17 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Just for today, Wednesday, November 4th I will

•Work✅
    •See clients✅
    •Fast until noon-maybe longer?-went until 1!
    •Advertise✅
    •Love myself✅

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    Well I failed my goals yesterday and was so busy today I couldn’t even find time to log in and post any.
    Tomorrow is also going to be an insane day as we are having a team building day. No computer time at all.
    I will be back on Tomorrow night to say hi though and will post goals again on Friday.

I know this works for me, I just need to figure out how to make it a priority again.

Love all the stories. @HEGoddard0928 your dishes gave me many days of laughter all with love and kindness in my heart.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,197 Member
    Options

SW: 192
    1st goal weight: 185
    2nd goal weight: 180
    ultimate goal weight: 175
    weigh in every monday

Todays weight 188.8
    Nov 1: 192
    Nov 2: 192
    Nov 3: 190
    Nov 4: 188.8

Goals for today
    1. log all food >:)
    2. concentrate on drinking water>:)
    3.watch inner thoughts ... I CAN get this weight off and feel better. :'(>:)
    4. apple in the evening .. and water>:)
    5. get back on here. Be accountable :)

Well... as I do so often .. 2 really good days, then a day where my "day" was good, but my evening not so good. I had about 8 cookies left. .. which I froze. Well. ended up eating all 8 cookies. but .. the good news was that I walked 6 miles this morning and worked in the yard all day.
    I am stressed because our daughter is sick.. so we told her she cannot come in our patio room.. that the visits this week will have to be outside just to be sure she does not have covid (she works in nursing homes and does home health care). so I think that was part of my mindless eating .. since I have been unable to reach her all day. She is probably OK, but like a mom... I worried about worse case senario. Plus ... being overly tired.

but tomorrow is a new day, and I'lll do better tomorroew (at least all the cookies are gone).

JFT, Fri, 11/5
    1. log all food
    2. mindful eating
    3. concentrate on water
    4. water in the evening ... only a apple for snack.. then more water
    5. get back on here .. be accountable.

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Wednesday4 November

Log :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Water :)
    Fitbit exercise goals :)
    Happy Scale weight trend ↔️ 0.3 lost in last 7 days

I’m feeling lazy again and it’s going to be an effort to do what needs to be done.

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Thursday 5 November

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Happy Scale weight trend ↔️ 0.2 lost in last 7 days

The sun is shining so I think I’ll go for a gentle walk today but at the moment I feel more like having a snooze as I didn’t sleep well 👿
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    🦃 🐿🦃🐿🦃🐿🦃
    🦃🐿🦃NOVEMBER 🦃🐿🦃
    🦃🐿🦃🐿🦃🐿🦃
    What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)

Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
      01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri
      SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 150

Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Jun: +0.2[c]
      1 Aug: 149.9
      01 Sept: 149.4
      09 Sept: 149.5
      1 Oct: 149.2
      November Daily Goals: Week 1
      Sun: ✅ Mon: ✅ Tu: ✅ Wed: ✅
      Thu: Fri: Sat:

Today I feel energised by all the positive posts.
      We all have or down days, but as long as we 'pick ourselves up, dust our selves off, and start all over again' we are still winners.

https://youtu.be/_p_JxDGVqXg

Weight < 150: ✅ (revised from 155)
      1 Aug 2019: 170.1
      2020:
      1 Sept 149.4
      13 Sept: 152.2 (birthday - DH)
      1 Oct: 149.2
      18 Oct: 147.2
      24 Oct: 146.0
      Reduce Fat%: ✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2[/s] 23.9
      Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7 30.9:
      Calories in the green ✅
      Steps > 7500 ✅
      Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅
      Active hours > 6 daily ✅

Positive intentions:
      🌟Meditation ✅
      🌟Exercise ✅ 🌟 Circuits ✅
      🌟Grocery shopping ✅
      🌟Get outside in the sunshine ✅
      🌟Laundry ✅
      😜Daily Chores ✅
      🌟Crochet Puzzles ✅
      🌟Watch TV ✅ 🌟 Read ✅

Early morning shopping trip. DH dropped me off on the way home to get in some walking in the autumn sunshine. It's another clear bright day today so we may get out again later if it hold, otherwise I will be walking indoors.

Terri 🦄

• SERmom3
      SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
      Options
      WEDNESDAY:
      - 10k steps 🟢
      - Exercise🟢
      - Log food🟢
      - Soccer for S🟢
      - Return library stuff🟢

👆 That feels pretty good. 😊
      Aiming for mostly the same today. I’m already over 4K steps since I was able to walk my youngest to school. It is going to be in the 60’s for the next week! Not bad for November in New England! ☀️

JFT THURSDAY:
      - 10k steps
      - Exercise
      - Log food
      - 2 girls to friend’s houses
      - Paint the shed (I’ve been waiting for the good weather to finish. Should be able to get a lot done today)

Be well! 🌎
    • Snowflake1968
      Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
      Options
      I woke up early and have some free time to myself!
      JFT - Thursday Nov 5
      1L of water
      Log all Food
      15 Mins of Activity
      Gratitude Journal

@TerriRichardson112 - I had forgotten about how much I like her voice. Great choice!

• WellingTX
      WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
      Options
      Was active all day but went off track at the end of the day

For Wednesday, stay committed while on the road all day.

1900 calories: 2603
      Not committing to working out: And I didn’t
      Make good choices, don’t duck into a drive through: Did well on the road and through dinner. Amazing how many calories are in a DQ Buster Bar
      Support my bride:Easy to do the little things.
      Eat dinner and the table and walk afterwards, both unplugged. Do not eat on the couch: Ate at the table but didn’t stroll afterwards. Snacked on the couch which put me over the limit

For Thursday, get back in track. Keep the week in line.

1900 calories:
      Work out for 90 minutes:
      Make good choices and keep my commitments:
      Support my bride. Do the little and big things:
      Eat dinner at the table unplugged. Stay on track through the evening: