What Mini Goal is motivating you right now!

Options

Replies

• charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    charmmeth wrote: »
    Apparently 88cm is the mark for SUPERBAD for women, so getting below it seems like a good milestone.

Hope you have got there! Having your waist less than half your height is a great thing to aim for.

Interesting - I’m 176cm tall so 88cm is literally half my height. I have also read that women have increased health risks above 80cm so that’s on my list but as a blanket statement I guess it might have some wiggle room for those of us who are on the taller side. I feel slightly better about my goal now that it’s half my height 😊

Yes, i am also taller (180 cm) so the 80cm waist ideal (as proclaimed by e.g. the UK's NHS) is pretty much fantasy land for me! Mine is 88 cm at present, and I am not expecting to shed mich there now (in normal bmi). You might find this interesting: https://www.xperthealth.org.uk/x-pert-blogs/keep-your-waist-to-less-than-half-your-height-why-the-waist-to-height-ratio-deserves-more-credit/. This seems to be a WHO recommendation also.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Clean eating all of November. No sweets, no coffee, no pork, no junk food, etc. Just veggies, beans, nuts, and clean meats such as turkey/chicken/fish/lean red meat. We are calling it #Moslimber.

Your profile picture is incredible!! Well done!
  • unhappyqro
    unhappyqro Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yivs_87 wrote: »
    -read 'What mini GOAT motivates you' and was wtffff-

Current mini goaL is to be healthier for my Japan trip in the spring. :)

bahahahaha

"I've been somewhat over-weight all of my life. When I got married, I packed on weight like it was going out of style. Now, I'm ready to be healthy--which includes losing weight, getting fit, and feeling strong."

bahahahaha
  • wonderingfab
    wonderingfab Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Getting my waist to below 88cm, it is 90.5cm as of this morning so it finally seems within reach. Apparently 88cm is the mark for SUPERBAD for women, so getting below it seems like a good milestone.

Simultaneously I want to get into the healthy BMI which is less than 5 kg away.

We are almost size twins! I am 176/177 cm tall and this morning my waist was 89.5 cm. It varies a lot from one day to another but it is the fist time in years that it was below 90. Hoping to reach 88 cm (half my height) within a couple of weeks and hopefully 85 within a couple of months. Then I'll buy a scale and depending on my BMI (and how I feel), I'll aim for 80cm or opt for maintenance.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!