Less Alcohol - NOVEMBER 2020 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,591 Member
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    I am going to try and do as a few of you have stated this month, not do written count in here everyday.

If the checking in daily with an AF system has ever deterred any of you, I apologize. Because this is not a race or contest to see who gets the most alcohol free days. Everyone is working this out at their own pace and with their own method.

Yes, whatever method works for each of us.
    I totally have to log in every day to keep myself in check with my goals.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Super big hugs for you @Lilylady3k.....
  • Jaybo37
    Jaybo37 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Condolences @Lilylady3k - you’re a very good daughter the way you’re supporting your Mom
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,554 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @Lilylady3k very sad news about your step Father. I am glad he had hospice to help him and help all that surrounded him during the end. 💕
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I am Dawn and live in South East British Columbia. I am 60.
    My goal remains the same as it has been for quite some time, 16-20 AF days per month.

I check in diary style. It works for me.

Sunday November 01 - AF - I have been working like crazy in the yard and really wanted to have a couple drinks this evening, but just didn't want to start the month out that way. I have moved my Monday jobs to later in the week so that I can get as much as possible done in putting my gardens to bed before the rain and colder weather comes on Wednesday.
    Monday November 02 - AF - Finally finished digging up the rest of the potato garden, pulling every weed and it is now covered until Spring. Hard physical labour, but the good kind. I definitely felt like having a drink, but I have to work very early tomorrow so didn't.
    Tuesday November 03 - Drinks. Broke my rule and drank from long day work stress instead of saving my drinks days for happy days. I have been pretty good about this, just kind of failed on it today. I did feel better immediately though, left the stupid workday behind!
    Wednesday November 04 - AF - A really good day working for my favourite company, and then home in time to get more work done in my yard while we are in a warm spell. Would have been a nice day for a drink, but of course I "used up" a drinking day for stress relief already.
    Thursday November 05 - AF - Had to get my 2AF in a row.
    Friday November 06 - Drinks with a friend. Almost threw up. We had some new sort of Bailey's called "Red Velvet Cupcake". I guess that it went down way too easy. It was delicious, but too easy to drink too much of. I poured mine very small, but lost track. I know once I feel like puking that I have had more than 3 ounces because my body rejects more than 3 ounces.
    Saturday November 07 - AF - got it out of my system I guess.

Rolling total. 5AF day our of 7 days
  • Jaybo37
    Jaybo37 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I had 3 glasses of wine with dinner, enjoyed it - 2 would have done but habits die hard. Anyway it was enjoyable and I feel ready with no resentment to start another stretch of AF, I’ve managed 6 so far. Feeling fresh this morning too, so no lost days this month
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    My goal today and every day is to do something that makes me happy.

Thank you for that!
    I am taking it to heart.
    As well as trying to get more beans and legumes into my diet : - )