• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,789 Member
    Options
    How are things going?
  • Ikeeptrying2
    Ikeeptrying2 Posts: 156 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Wishing you success. I think many of us get here at some point. The key is to recognize it and then put some form of plan together.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,789 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to see that you are still here @nowine4me So encouraging to me. Yeah up 24 is not good but you haven't backslid to where you started plus more? Still weighing is good altho perhaps it is discouraging you from other action at this point. Wish I had words of wisdom to help. :( Eventually I think you will find your way back. You are way too smart not to figure it out. And it may be different than before. I know that when I yo the next effort absolutely looks different than the others. Best of luck to you!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Do you want any feedback? Are you looking for any? I know how rebound weight gain with friends can sux the life right of you. Are you open or not. I'll wait for your reply.
  • Addictead
    Addictead Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    After I gained covid weight . and I found myself trying to lose it differently for some reason. Allowing wine.. some cheats.. thinking I could do it in a different way. As soon as I stopped doing that.. and remembered exactly what I did last time ( like not drinking during the week).. the weight is coming off.

Yep that happened to me too! I can maintain with more loose guidelines, Now that I'm trying to lose a few pounds again I have to be strict and count every 1/2 calorie or I lose nothing :neutral:
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Do you do better with hugs or a kick in the pants?

Because you know whatever you need we're more than willing to type that out!

I think logging is the #1 tool for me. When I stop things go sideways for me pretty quickly. I have bounced around in a six pound range since lockdown, but I'm on the higher side in winter anyway.

I've had to become even more careful since the virus appeared. I've pretty much stopped my random grocery store runs and now that I'm only going once a week it's easier to be disciplined and not go down the aisles where the goodies are. I keep my freezer full of meat and vegetables and fruit so I don't even have room for treats.

I don't drink at all, that would be tragic right now. I'm afraid I would lose my way entirely in life if I picked up alcohol at this point.

I'm personally a swift kick in the @ss, followed by a slap to the head, and finished with a hook to the baby maker... :D
  • JSLuke59
    JSLuke59 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Our health and fitness journey presents many battles along the way. If it was easy everyone would be in perfect health/shape. When you see you are slipping away you recognize it, own it and press on. Don’t let this drag you down, focus on where you want to be and put behind you what has occurred. It is a lifelong challenge and there will be ups and downs. Focus on the fact that how you rebound what you view as a failure can provide inspiration to many others. The fact that you are here posting about it is encouraging. Keep fighting for your goal and hold your head high while you press on to obtain it!!!