Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,197 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 I know this is a hard time of year for you. Something the No BS weightloss program really drives home is that our sabotaging thoughts are still just 'thoughts'. We can control thoughts by catching ourselves and rephrasing them. I've been really working on this a lot myself in the past couple of weeks. So when I catch myself being upset over finances, loss of job, missing my kids, etc....I actually tell myself "It's normal to feel sad about this, and that's okay. But eating ice cream isn't going to change the facts. It's just going to add fat to my *kitten*." or something to that effect. I don't know if that helps, because everyone's situation is different and you have a lot going on, but I wanted to share because self-talk is a big piece of the program and it makes a lot of sense to me. Love to you, my friend.

Thanks so much for that bit of advice. You are so right ... its how we "talk" to ourselves. Because of you, I've been listening to some of her free podcasts and watching her videos. She points out so many things I already know .. its just doing them.
    So many suffer from winter depression .. and I am one of them. The holidays have always been so hard for me, and this year does make it harder with covid. But I know I am not alone in that. I can't keep using this as an excuse. So all week I've been working hard at staying positive.. and hubby is helping me in doing that. He keeps reminding me that life can be short.. and we have to do what we can to think positive.. and no that no problem is fixed by food. We are trying to make the holidays as fun as we can .. hence my decorating our backyard LOL!

I would love to have this thread be a discussion of some of these things ... what one person goes through, many times, can help others who are struggling. So thank you for sharing what you are learning and practicing. You also have been through a lot this past year ... you are doing wonderful. I consider you such a good friend.
  • mytime6630
    Options

Yet another day of beautiful sunny warm weather in Green Bay on Nov. 8. Upper 60s wow! Hubby and I could relax somewhat since all fall yard chores are complete YAY! We ran several errands, then took dog to nearby park with creek. Scads of people there, also taking advantage of the unseasonable weather. We enjoyed a leisurely stroll, as did dog. She got petted by friendly kids & strangers, and got to drink from the creek. How fun!

Isn't this the craziest weather!! We have had temps in the mid 70s all week ... I love it! It does so much to our temperament when the weather is nice and the sun shining.
    But tonite we dip down to 30 degrees! Glad you are getting out and also enjoying this gift.
  • mytime6630
    Options

I did well until evening, when I snacked on crisps, definitely a case of eating my feelings, so annoyed with myself. I'd had a letter telling me that my widow's pension is going to be cut from my birthday in a few weeks time. I'd no idea this was going to happen, so it was a shock to find out I'll have less income. My other income is from my holiday let, which is under lockdown again and is closed. Ughh. I'm sure I'll be fine, and eating crisps won't make it better! In fact, if I stop buying crisps, that will knock a few pennies off the food bill lol.

Why are they cutting your widows pension? This does not seem right? You are right .. eating crisps does not help.. but its hard not to want to grab them.
    Hugs.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,067 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Hey when will a final count come in for the US election?
    Do you find out at midnight or something or is it as soon as either person hits 270 votes?

Isn't this crazy, Bex!! I wonder what the rest of the world thinks of our US elections .. I think this is one for the books. Yes, we do "kinda" know who are next president will be ... but its a mess. LOL!

Haha I realised you just have so many more people in your country lol. So ours we can vote from 7am until 10pm I think and then they count all night and we find out in the morning I think (trying to cast my mind to the last election we had) but obviously it must take so much longer for your country to count all them peoples votes
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 947 Member
    Options

JFT Tuesday 10th November

Be "diet aware" yes I was
    No snacking had 2 small snacks
    20 minute morning walk exactly 20 minutes
    Admin yes, made some important phone calls
    Bleed radiators completely forgot
    Mother's weekly shop (probably evening) yes, it's quieter in the evening, but hard to go out in the dark and cold!

I did snack yesterday, but that made me really not hungry at meal times. So for my main meal I had breakfast muesli, hopefully it will balance out.

@Snowflake1968 I need an indoor project for the winter as well. I'm not sure what to do but do know I don't want to just watch TV in the evenings.

JFT Wednesday 11th Nov

Be diet aware
    No snacking
    Osteopath appointment
    More admin
    Bleed radiators
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY:
    - 10k steps🟢
    - Exercise🟢
    - Log food🔴
    - Soccer practice for E🟢

Not a good eating day yesterday. 😬

JFT WEDNESDAY:
    - 10k steps
    - Exercise
    - Log food
    - Grocery shop & errands
    - Soccer for S

Have a great day! 🛒
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Tuesday
    No beer!✅
    Stay green✅
    No M&Ms!❌
    Zwift workout✅
    12 pull-ups✅
    25 push-ups❌

Wednesday
    No beer
    No M&Ms
    Zwift workout
    12 pull-ups
    25 push-ups
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    With how crazy with has been the last few weeks I decided to take a mental health day today. Probably not the nicest thing to do to my coworkers but I really needed it. This classroom is just getting crazier and crazier. Thank goodness my interview is this afternoon!

I'm declaring that I will have this job by Sunday and that on Monday I can go into school and tell everyone that I won't be back after Thanksgiving! This is going to happen! Lol.

Okay, onto some goals. I have a bunch today.

11/11/20
    - call out of work 😁
    - up at 9am 😁
    - post goals 😁
    - dishwasher
    - mini habits
    - interview @ 230(leave by 145)
    - fix blog post
    - write blog # 3
    - phone call with J at 4
    - peddle for 30 minutes
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 11 November

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Happy Scale weight trend ↔️ 0.6 kg. lost in last 7 days
  • mytime6630
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Hey when will a final count come in for the US election?
    Do you find out at midnight or something or is it as soon as either person hits 270 votes?

Isn't this crazy, Bex!! I wonder what the rest of the world thinks of our US elections .. I think this is one for the books. Yes, we do "kinda" know who are next president will be ... but its a mess. LOL!

Haha I realised you just have so many more people in your country lol. So ours we can vote from 7am until 10pm I think and then they count all night and we find out in the morning I think (trying to cast my mind to the last election we had) but obviously it must take so much longer for your country to count all them peoples votes

Normally that is how it happens in our country ... the voting pollls close at 7pm, and we usually have the results late in the evening. This year, because of Covid, they allowed mail-in ballots. The weird thing is that about 4-5 states did not even start to count the mail in ballots until after the polls closed. The race was very close .. so its a mess. But hey, 2020 has been quite the year ... why not have the presidential elections be a mess also!
    How are YOU doing? Have you found a good place to live?
  • TiffanyPe17
    TiffanyPe17 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928 good luck today! I love the positive thoughts you have going on!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday Nov 10
    1L of water -🙂
    Log all Food- 🙂
    15 Minutes of Exercise - 👿
    Gratitude Journal - 👿

JFT - Wednesday Nov 11
    1L of water
    Log all Food
    15 Minutes of Exercise
    Gratitude Journal

So many posts since yesterday.

@HEGoddard0928 - I truly believe if you throw positive thoughts out there it happens.
    Good luck.

@mytime6630 - I love your backyard. It’s beautiful. I was hoping to do a lot with our this year, but we already have over a foot of snow. This was taken last evening. usypgkvfjddg.jpeg

@littleblackskirt - I really need projects and this is the first one I’ve done for quite a while. I am making a stocking my my daughter and son in law’s new puppy. Everyone in the family has one except Rodger and I. I am having so much fun with this I may make us one too.

I’ll share a picture, in a separate post it won’t let me add another one here.

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I have to run and get some errands done, so I'm hopping on to post goals real quick. I read all the posts up to this point and will hop on again tonight. Please know I'm rooting for you, hugging you, praying for you and laughing with you all. :heart:

Just for Wednesday:
    • No BS 24H Plan and Assess - Done :)
    • 64+ oz water - Fill two 1-qt jars with water and set on counter in plan sight to sip throughout the day.
    • Activity - Even if it is 15 minutes. Do something to get the heart rate up. In other words, move yer *kitten*!
    • Journal every bite and close Food Journal at the end of day.
    • Write in No BS Journal
    • Run errands: Bank / Copies / Cancel K's membership / K's birthday gifts / Donate / Gas Station
    • Eat the Frog: Start reading from one of my new books. Pick one for self-help and one for entertainment. Read at least one chapter from each.
    • Stick to 24H Plan foods. That means NO ICE CREAM!
    • Evening Routine: Coffeemaker / Gratitude journal / DO, JM & SA readings / Calm or Aura app / read until sleep.
    • Set alarm for tomorrow and GET UP when it goes off.

WOTY 2020: Persistence

1 urge, 1 choice, 1 change and 1 pound at a time gets me to goal by summer. You go girl!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Late signing in today, federal holiday at home & busy. Still posting JFT for accountability.

Recap T 11/10 ~ rainy morning, skipped x-training before work & decided on rest day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors) :) 13/14 & 9k
    2) Prelog for day / net cals zero / 14c water :s miss my exercise cals -360 & 13c
    3) Work in office: call Tim & David 10:30 / AJNH / 2:00 webinar (pace) / mgmt response to GA-IT due / keep up w/ email :/ fell behind as I helped colleagues unexpectedly / save records to flash = 5/6
    4) Set up new Fitbit :) charged & ready / wash pots & pans / declutter 15 min. / 1 other chore = 3/4
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / no alarm (11/11 is federal holiday / walk dog in a.m.) :) 4/5

JFT W 11/11 ~ Thanks to all veterans for your service!
    1) Link new Fitbit to account before wearing :)
    2) Walked dog 4.14 mi :smiley: Kim & Bogie with us > 2 mi ~ happy dog & happy me
    3) Move hourly
    4) Decide supper / net cals zero / 12c water
    5) Learn features of different Fitbit :) / shop for tires & request service appt :) / contact T (left message) / 1:30 LTC call :) / wash pots & pans / other chores?
    6) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / 6:30 alarm (walk dog before work)

2020 Goals:
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19) YAY 10.31.20 159.0#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20) / 5.1.20 (forgot 4.30.20) / 6.3.20 (forgot at ME again) / 6.30.20 / 8.6.20 (forgot July 31 & crazy schedule) / 8.31.20 / 9.30.20 / forgot 10.31.20 measurements but happy w/ w-i 159.0 finally below 160
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 on 1.10.20 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 on 2.8.20 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race on 4.2.20 w/ dog 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5.2.20 walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5.16.20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 / 100 Miles Challenge fundraiser (per fitness tracker) & completed 5.18.20 / Bellin Run 10K virtual race on 6.6.20 w/ dog 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14 dog definitely slows my "race pace" / Hope Isn't Canceled virtual 10K on 8.29.20 w/ dog 1:43:10 ave. pace 16:36 / Packers 5K virtual race 9.26.20 w/ dog 52:23 ave. pace 16:41 / Bellin Women's 5K virtual race 10.10.20 w/ dog 52:55 ave. pace 16:57 / virtual Run for the Hill of It 5K on 10.16.20 w/ dog 50:35 ave. pace 16:16
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May ~ very pleased w/ my progress / reorg in basement June & July / small declutter projects around house October
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    Options
    🦃 🐿🦃🐿🦃🐿🦃
    🦃🐿🦃NOVEMBER 🦃🐿🦃
    🦃🐿🦃🐿🦃🐿🦃
    What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)

Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
      01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri
      SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 150

Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Jun: +0.2[c]
      1 Aug: 149.9
      01 Sept: 149.4
      09 Sept: 149.5
      1 Oct: 149.2
      November Daily Goals: Week 2
      Sun: ✅ Mon: ✅ Tu: ✅ Wed:
      Thu: Fri: Sat:

Back has almost recovered.

Weight < 150: ✅ (revised from 155)
      1 Aug 2019: 170.1
      2020:
      1 Sept 149.4
      13 Sept: 152.2 (birthday - DH)
      1 Oct: 149.2
      18 Oct: 147.2
      24 Oct: 146.0
      Reduce Fat%: ✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2[/s] 23.9
      Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7 30.9:
      Calories in the green ✅
      Steps > 7500 ✅
      Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅
      Active hours > 6 daily ✅

Positive intentions:
      🌟Meditation ✅
      🌟Exercise ✅ 🌟 Circuits ✅
      🌟Grocery shopping ✅
      🌟Clean fridge✅
      🌟Laundry ✅
      😜Daily Chores ✅
      🌟Crochet✖️Puzzles ✅
      🌟Watch TV ✅ 🌟 Read ✅

Terri 🦄

@mytime6630 Sounds like you are taking great positive steps. Your yard looks amazing. Post when you can. We’re here for you.
      @ZizzyBumble The first Christmas without a loved one is hard, and COVID-19 has made this even more difficult for many people, your a real trooper, and I’m sure your mum would be very proud of how you are coping. (((Hugs)))
    • WellingTX
      WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
      Options
      Good day

For Wednesday, stay on track during an office day

1900 calories: 1760
      Work out 35 minutes: 39
      Make good choices: Made them all day
      Support my bride: Easy to do but need to insure I’m doing so in the moment
      Eat dinner at the table and walk afterwards, both unplugged. Don’t eat on the couch. Didn’t walk after dinner but hit the big ones of dinner at the table and not eating on the couch[/quote]

For Thursday, honor my 3 day streak

1900 calories:
      Work out for 80 minutes:
      Support my bride, in the moment:
      Make good food and exercise choices:
      Eat dinner at the table and walk afterwards, both unplugged. Don’t eat on the couch:

• acrylicfox
      acrylicfox Posts: 295 Member
      Options
      acrylicfox wrote: »
      Eat three meals [no and resorted to lollies in the afternoon :cry: ]
      Low sugar, no grains, no dairy [succumbed to curiosity over a variety of cheese I hadn't tried before :lol: , and a low cal ice cream]
      Stay under kj [yes, too low though]
      Weigh-in and record [yep]
      Buy more vitamins and take them [Ahhh! forgot to buy a new lot!]

Kdrama, pedaling optional [nodded off, will have to rewatch ep]

JFT
      Share a nice brunch as no morning commitments
      Eat two meals
      Low sugar, no grains, no dairy
      stay under KJ
      weigh-in and record/update MFP
      put vitamins on the shopping list

kdrama (or youtube) peddaling for +30mins