WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,951 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Machka- what Evie said ,usually when they use articulating paper it leaves a mark as to where they need to shave doen a bit,yes go get that taken care of.
    Calling new drs office this morning and making an appointment..and then having my records transferred. I have been with this group for close to 40 yrs.. time to move on..
    And i will definitely look into an oxegen monitor..

I'm going to the dentist tomorrow morning.

I suspect something ... when my head is back, like when I'm lying in a dentist chair, the tooth feels pretty close to right. But when I'm upright, it's definitely not.

I hope it can be fixed.

M in Oz
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,371 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Intermittent Fasting stuff for those interested:
    I've been binging on podcasts at https://www.intermittentfastingstories.com/ There are over 100 of them, and about half of them hold my interest so far. Interesting to hear the different takes on daily/weekly/no weighing, "diet brain", learning to trust real hunger signals, etc.

If time restricted eating had been a "thing" 30 or 40 years ago, I bet I would have saved myself a lot of $$ on Weightwatchers.

There's also some discussion about vanity sizing. When I was looking to buy a pair of nice black dress pants a few years ago, I happened into a clothing store which catered to the younger crowd. I was amazed to pull on a pair of 9/10's when I was otherwise wearing pants in the size 16 to 18 range I'd purchased a decade earlier.

Also have started reading "You are the Placebo" by Dr. Joe Dispenza. From what I gather, it's focusing on the ability of our minds (including meditation) to improve health, and neuroscience supports it. Looks like it's not too "woo-woo". He also has some YouTube presentations. I think he's been mentioned in this group before.

Glad I'm retired and have the time.

Have a good day! <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💙❤️💜🧡🖤💛🤍🤎💚
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    💙
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,738 Member
    Options
    Morning again
    Feeling a tad better with a bit more energy.. i called and made an appt for the new Dr and will call down to my old drs office and tell them nicely i am leaving..
    Homer is next to me wrapped up in mu robe snoring away lol
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Morning ladies
    Machka- what Evie said ,usually when they use articulating paper it leaves a mark as to where they need to shave doen a bit,yes go get that taken care of.
    Calling new drs office this morning and making an appointment..and then having my records transferred. I have been with this group for close to 40 yrs.. time to move on..
    And i will definitely look into an oxegen monitor..

I'm going to the dentist tomorrow morning.

I suspect something ... when my head is back, like when I'm lying in a dentist chair, the tooth feels pretty close to right. But when I'm upright, it's definitely not.

I hope it can be fixed.

M in Oz

M in Oz Just a thought, but if the crown feels right-leaning back but not sitting up, consider the problem may be your jaw. Females tend to have problems like this because of estrogen that allows our ligaments to be more elastic. This is why females have TMJ that is not injury related at a higher rate than males. The dentist should make the final adjustment on the crown sitting up because your jaw is in the position it will be during your waking hours. Leaning back the female lower jaw will tend to shift back slightly because of our more elastic ligament.

Fae across the river from Wa
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Got "crowned" yesterday.
    Is it normal for a tooth crown to feel slightly too high?
    Will it compress down eventually?

---
    M in Oz

No. If it feels high, the dentist needs to adjust it so your bite is basically the same as before. I just had 2 crowns put in a couple of weeks ago. We tried getting them in back in September, but they were too tall. She sent them back to the lab and got them redone. The new ones were too tall as well, but she spent about 20 minutes adjusting/grinding them and checking my bite. Go back and have them work on them more. They should feel basically like your real teeth.

Tina in CA
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    B)

Karen, so nice to see your smile this morning !!

Janetr OKC
  • Faetta
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Intermittent Fasting stuff for those interested:
    I've been binging on podcasts at https://www.intermittentfastingstories.com/ There are over 100 of them, and about half of them hold my interest so far. Interesting to hear the different takes on daily/weekly/no weighing, "diet brain", learning to trust real hunger signals, etc.

If time restricted eating had been a "thing" 30 or 40 years ago, I bet I would have saved myself a lot of $$ on Weightwatchers.

There's also some discussion about vanity sizing. When I was looking to buy a pair of nice black dress pants a few years ago, I happened into a clothing store which catered to the younger crowd. I was amazed to pull on a pair of 9/10's when I was otherwise wearing pants in the size 16 to 18 range I'd purchased a decade earlier.

Also have started reading "You are the Placebo" by Dr. Joe Dispenza. From what I gather, it's focusing on the ability of our minds (including meditation) to improve health, and neuroscience supports it. Looks like it's not too "woo-woo". He also has some YouTube presentations. I think he's been mentioned in this group before.

Glad I'm retired and have the time.

Have a good day! <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Lanette Yes, neuroscience supports it, but sadly exercises and therapy that contact the subconscious mind has been so commercialized and exploited, that many neurologists are distancing from a successful treatment like clinical hypnosis. I will have to read Dr. Dispenza's book. I use a form of hypnosis during my Fae She discipline. This is one reason I can be on my patio barefooted, in leggings and a sports bra at temperatures as low as 25 F for 15 minutes.

Many years ago I hurt my back and was sent to back rehab school. Near the end, our therapist had the challenge to see who could do the most levels at all elevations on the stair stepper. She would stop you if your heart rate got over a certain rate. A few did all the elevations up into program #3. I volunteered to go last. I hypnotized myself and did all elevations and maxed it out on program #10. It took me 45 minutes and my heart rate never even got close to being in danger. She was so impressed she had a clinical psychologist come and give us all (and herself) a lesson in self-hypnosis and how our mind can affect our fitness and health.

Fae
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all new peeps
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Allie-Be persistent with the doctors and make them find what is wrong.

Machka-So happy you're getting some "me" time.

Tracey-If you have Discount Tire there, they will change out 2 tires.

Heather-The rug looks beautiful.

Well, we were planning a short-ish road trip for Thanksgiving, but am considering cancelling. I made dinner reservations and they said it could take up to 8 hours from LA to get there on a holiday weekend. Since we are even further than LA, I'm not too keen on a 10-12 hour drive. I am hoping it's less busy because fewer people are having get-togethers this year and we just went into the most strict COVID tier again. Services will be shutting down again soon. Our dinner reservations may even get cancelled. I guess I have a couple of weeks to decide.

The mister is sick. I am quite certain it's a cold, but he got a COVID test and we are awaiting results. Just means we can't talk to anyone till we know the results. I'm fine staying in for a few more days. It will drive him crazy.

Hugs to those of you needing them and wishing good health to all.

Tina in CA
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Wow y'all are hard to keep up with. Nothing new here.

Janetr OKC
  • Faetta
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Wow y'all are hard to keep up with. Nothing new here.

Janetr OKC

Yes, and just when you think you are caught up, several more posts appear.

Fae in Or
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Barbara - Why don’t you tell us how you really feel about the Dr’s receptionist.😂😂. Seriously though, she should know how long it takes and when she says she’s going to return a call she should. Hope you get it settled today.

Heather - the new rug fits right in.

Tina - Thanks for the suggestion. We don’t have them here. I haven’t reached a decision yet on what to do.

Debbie - I hope the tests are negative. Here in Edmonton upwards of 9% of people are not staying in when waiting for test results. Our numbers are getting frightening high.

I think I’m going to go pick my daughter and grands up in a little bit to bring them out for the day. I’m debating with myself. My only concern is the roads.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: I hope your doc chat goes well. A rug in front of the fireplace makes a home feel cozy. Congratulations! :flowerforyou:

Machka: I hope your dental work goes well. :star:

Lanette: I love the notion of our mind’s ability to improve our own health. :star:

Two errands today—the dog goes to the groomer, and I need to ship some items to our son & DDIL. I often walk the dog to his grooming appointment, but today it is too chilly for me to want to do that. We don’t have frost at our elevation today, but we do have fog.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Evelyn--I understand how you feel. I feel like this group is family.

Lisa--Sounds very pretty with the roses. I can't seem to keep most things from dying.

Allie--Pray you get a call soon.

Heather--Love the new rug and I think it goes very well with the rest of the room.

Well we lucked out and only got rain and very little snow. Today the high is to be 54. Got to love Nebraska weather.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,270 Member
    Options
    Doc chat - high serum ferritin level. Having more tests next week. He's looking at iron and transferrin levels and various liver function tests.
    I've googled everything and it could be genetic hemachromatosis (sp?) or inflammation like rheumatoid arthritis, or I drink too much!! :o Of course I worry.
    Love you all, Heather UK xxxxxx

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    My diet has gone downhill again. Yesterday my mom agreed that I would make pork, and we thawed it. Next thing I know she made lamb chops early, and I ate them. Over calories and outside my window, And it's encouraging her. She went shopping this morning before I got up and bought meat that won't fit in any of the freezers.

It's so frustrating. Even when we make a meal plan she claims she doesn't remember it. I was doing okay for a week eating my stuff at four and cooking for Dad at five. But then we had Mom's birthday cake.

I know there are a lot of worse problems out there. And I know Mom will get worse. I just can't seem to stay on my own program when she is determined to feed me fried meat every night.

Annie in Delaware