WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Rita

What brand of toaster oven/ air fryer/ grill/ baking oven did you get? I love new gadgets.

Carol GA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Tracey - wow that snow! :# Can't imagine living with that for months. Hope your daughter's car is not too expensive.
    Good work on the lovely little girl. I know what hard work they are at that age. All our grandchildren were great sleepers. Makes a huge difference to quality of life.

Lamb shanks were amazing!!!

Love 💘 Heather UK xxxxxx
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    B)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💜💚🤎❤️💙🤍💛🖤🧡
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    Tracey – congrats on the non-smoking.

Katla – thank your hubby for me. I’m assuming that you need to cut the roast up into squares. The original recipe calls for beef cubes, but I always find them so “dry” So if you cut up the roast, I’m sure that’ll be better. Thank you.

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
    S
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rita- We have a storage unit and it contains our RV. DH hasn’t been up to travel and the RV is well protected in storage. We had hoped to travel in the RV to see our adult children, but that goal is currently on hold. We want a safe trip with both of us healthy and eager for an adventure. :star: Regarding food intolerance, I suffered from colitis for many years. In my case, the primary issue was lactose intolerance. Now we can buy lactaid milk and lactaid cottage cheese. It has made a difference for me. Cheddar cheese has not been a problem for me. I wish you best luck figuring out what will be welcomed by your digestive system and what you'll have to live without. Lactaid is available in a pill form. I use it if we go out to a restaurant that might cook with milk, butter, or cream. I take it in any situation where lactose might be present. Cheese-cake is a rare treat and lactaid tablets allow me to have some once in a very long while. :flowerforyou:

A long-time friend called me today and we had a lovely conversation. We taught together for many years and we’ve both been retired for quite a while. She and her son are safe and happy.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Katla- i too think not diagnosed have lactose intolerance.. definitely cant do ice cream anymore.. i buy lactose free milk for cereal and i love cheese,but lay low on it..
    Here we are on the 8th of November and have the windows wide open,it was a stupendous weekend weatherwise.. i couldnt really get out to enjoy because of Faith..but got Alfie out ..
    Going to try some reverese psychology on my son...they are cutting his hours at work..and dont have him working in the font anymore.. the reason im guessing is his looks and hygiene.. he has a scraggly partial beard doesnt keep his nails trimmed,wears dirty clothes and doesnt wash his hair..
    Alot of this i know is lack of self esteem and mental illness.. and my DD bless her heart is right.. the more I push ,and it was a light bulb moment for me as my dad did it all the time to Sean and I is he will push away and shut down if we keep harping on him but asking questions might help.. so that is my plan..
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    Katla - my Mom used to do those as well, as did my Grandmother. I have a set my Grandmother did. Last year at Christmas I found small 4X6 paint by numbers and I sent those to Mom. The sad part is I never know if she likes or even receives what I send as she doesn’t remember getting things and no one at the home let’s me know.
    I don’t blame the home, working in one I understand how busy it is and we wouldn’t have time to call or acknowledge for each resident either.

Tracey in Edmonton

I just got my first letter from my former mother in law since she was moved into the home. I had written to her and someone there wrote a letter for her and she signed it. I was so thrilled to get one from her. She used to write occasionally. She said she would love one of the masks I have been making so I filled a box with some for her and for her husband. I was happy to send them. I
    It was so nice that one of the ladies working there took the time and wrote for her. Carl says they like to help her get dressed up- treat her like a Barbie doll- ( at 83 still only gets clothes in the Jr. section)

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did a DVD for the bosu today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Yoga for Weight Loss DVD

Kim – I probably didn’t listen to Vince well. He said that certain states had “until” Friday to count the votes. See, I am not obsessing about the election because I know it’ll take a while before we find out who is president. Honestly (don’t tell Vince this) many times I listen with ½ an ear (like this time). So sorry.

Was at the soup kitchen today then the Green Room. Unfortunately, there aren’t many calls at the Green Room. I bet some people are hesitant to come out. Hopefully, that’ll change in the future.

After the Green Room ran to Aldi to get more eggs and sugar since they are on sale with a minimum. Then realized that the sale for Vince’s cereal goes off Sunday so ran there. Saved almost $12. On the way out of the store met a guy who I know was in the choir at church. He said that he went to church one time since March and half the people weren’t wearing masks. Of course, the choir isn’t singing right now. Father is giving communion to those who want it on the tongue. To me, everyone should get it in the hand. But who am I???? I guess it’ll be a while before I go to church (isn’t that sad?) because I don’t care to be with people who won’t wear a mask

KJ – I hope you don’t have to close. What those kiddos will miss without you!

Debbie – I wouldn’t call myself a compulsive shopper. But I do love a bargain.

Allie – I hope all goes well for Tracy. I know only too well the heartbreak of infertility.

Kelly – welcome! Be sure to come back so we can get to know you better

Made soup for me this morning and just now made meatloaves for later in the week and to freeze

Didn’t realize that I had planned to give Vince ravioli tonight, thought I was going to give him waffles. But that’s next week. So I made the waffles and will just freeze them. Less work for me for next week, that’s for sure

Work tomorrow. After work, I’ll do some shopping (milk which is cheapest there, some Laughing Cow that’s on sale) and then go to the dollar store for poster board to put on the bottom of the jigsaw puzzle so I can start to glue it to frame.

Michele NC

We went to church today- second in in months( we went a few weeks back in June or July when they first opened up but they closed and did parking lot service but I didn't want to sit in my car and listen through my cell phone, so have been watching online the rest of the time)
    It is uncomfortable to go in and every pew has at least someone, except for one-I don't count the front pew on each side because you know, Baptist never sit on the front row ;) ) even though there are signs saying to only use every other one and only two or three others are wearing masks. This week there were not as many people so we were six feet apart but still, I only saw two people with masks on besides myself and my husband. I kept mine on the whole time, he took his off after we sat down. We(or at least I) will continue to go most Sundays if not every Sunday but will continue to wear a mask through out the whole service. I know there will be more people starting to come back, especially with the holidays. I need to keep myself safe/healthy so I can go see my parents and also mother in law(the pain in the butt that she is) when I want/need to. I told my parents as I was leaving their house this morning that the two of them are the biggest reason I stay at home, go out very rarely and mask up when I do.

Debbie
    Napa Valley CA
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    wizzywig wrote: »
    Janetr you look amazing! How long did it take you to lose weight?

Love Viv <3

Viv, thank you sweetie, I had gastric bypass surgery almost 7 years ago. Losing happened quickly , about nine months, but the struggle to keep it off is real. Just as anyone else trying to maintain, once the "honeymoon" period is over you have to eat right, and get plenty of exercise, etc. I lost #125 lbs and was up about 20 # 3 years ago and thats when I joined MFP and found this group.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options

JanetR-we share the same birthday! Hope you had a happy day. Grand kids are cute! The ggrandson has a glint to his eye-he will be hard to keep up with! Amazing transformation! Thanks for sharing before and after.

Ginny in Ohio
    [/quote]

Oh cool, well I hope you had a terrific birthday too, mine was quiet but I had so many wonderful birthday wishes. It
    made turning 71 worth it :)I

Janetr OKC
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    JustSomeEm wrote: »
    Just a quick note to remind y'all that discussion of divisive topics should be kept out of the main forums. There is a lot going on in the world right now, and some of those topics have us falling on different sides of the fences. To keep things calm in the community, discussion of divisive topics should be kept to groups. If you'd like to discuss politics or other topics that some feel strongly about, please create a group and invite others to join you there to discuss.

I hope all is well,
    Em in flip-flops

Thank you!! I was just about to make the same comment. I get enough election news and views from other sources.

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • pipcd34
    Options
    g72exgzfw510.jpeg
    At the tail end of our walk. Was raining when we started,. Bullwinkle’s rain coat fit
  • janetr7476
    Options
    I had typed some answers to others and got busy and lost them before I posted. Thank you ALL again for welcoming me back so warmly, it's like coming home after a long trip.

Our good friends and neighbors found out yesterday,that their house cleaner tested positive for Covid on Thursday and she had just been cleaning their house Wednesday for several hous. The neighbor lady is 76 and has been on oxygen for many years. I'm trying not to worry but its not easy.

Today has been quiet, hubby and I are big football fans so Sundays are full of game watching.

Have a terrific evening my friends.
  • janetr7476
    Options
    KJ thanks so much for letting us know that Suebdew and husband are recovered and doing well. I've thought of them so often.

Carol in GA thanks also for reporting on Lenora, thank you .

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/yogi- 1hr 43min 05sec, 3.20ap, 97ahr, 125mhr, 6.09mi= 572c
    Strava app = 738c
    Zwift bike trainer = 33.32min, 21.6amph, 136ahr, 162mhr, 194elev, 12.07mi= 366c
    Strava app= 330c

Total cal 938
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Had an avocado/tomato/red onion on a slice of hearty toast today. 2 cups of coffee, and a fig newton. Today is just a minimal eating day. Yesterday I had a homemade cheeseburger, and was absolutely full for most of the day today! Never did get super hungry.
    Have started taping Holiday Baking shows. Those make me so happy, and less fattening.

My avocado plant has 6 huge leaves. I move it around the house depending on where the sun hits the carpet. It is so spoiled!
    Hugs ladies!
    Rebecca
    back on the OMAD bus....in
    Whidbey Island, WA