Women 200lb+, Let's Never Surrender in November!!!

Options

Replies

• KMC55
    KMC55 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Check-In

Highest: 272.2 (August 2019)

10/1: 239.4
    11/1: 238.0
    11/4: 234.5 (-1.3lbs from last check in)
    11/11: 234.1 (-0.4lb / 38.1lbs total)

November Goal: 230lbs
    (this has been a goal since the beginning of January but I have found this wonderful community that makes me feel confident I CAN do this now).

Goals / Plans:
    - Track all food honestly and stay within my calories 6 days (allow a break one day a week)
    - Exercise of some sort whenever I can (no sitting)
    (I have about a million things going on right now and none of it is planned so it is just going to be a victory to
    get ANY exercise in and don't want to stress myself because I didn't hit a certain number of days.)
    - Manage stress with cleaning or exercise.

I am happy with a loss, especially after a weekend trip to the parents because that usually involves a 5lb gain. Thrilled that the weight is still coming off and I'm moving down to my monthly goal. Slow and steady, I can do this, WE can do this. Have faith in the process and stay the course.
  • KMC55
    KMC55 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    JAC581 wrote: »
    10/1: 247 (starting weight)
    11/1: 235.8
    11/11: 236.4

I'm feeling quite frustrated as I've been stuck around 236 for at least the last two weeks. I've been continuing to stay under my calories, though there have been some days I've been concerned about my Fitbit giving me too much of a calorie adjustment. When that happens, I only eat some of my calories back in case it's way off. I'm not sure what to do to try get the scale moving again.

You are NOT alone, I feel your pain and have lived through it. Hang in there and keep fighting.
  • MaxCat1000
    MaxCat1000 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, I am going to have to start reading here every day to keep up! Hugs to all that are struggling. (I think most of us struggle most of the time else we'd not be where we are today.) Also I need to find a picture to put up!

Yesterday I had to take my car in due to a recall notice. I would have changed the appt. if it had not taken four months to get in in the first place, because we were having probably the worst snow day so far this year. I am an anxious winter driver. Didn't used to be so bad but a couple of trips into the ditch didn't help! Anyway, my friend picked me up so we could go for breakfast while the car was being looked at. I had preplanned what I was going to eat, and the only surprise was that there was more bacon on the plate than I thought we were going to get! Yes, I ate it! I would have been fine too by the end of the day if I hadn't had one calorific snack later.

But I am not overly upset about it. I have taken to more looking at the rolling 7 day nutrition averages. I am glad they finally have that because I used to try to do it manually! Anyway, for the past three weeks, including yesterday's 700 calories over (goal is 1580), I am still at about 1800 daily average for the week, so I am pleased with that. I think December's goal will be to get it to under 1750. Today my scale said I was down a couple more pounds but check in day is tomorrow so I will wait and see what that says!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I got my stationary bike! It's a lovely comfortable recumbent, and I've done thirty minutes on it today already. That's probably enough for me, right out of the gate, due to my fibromyalgia. Some of my goals are now going to be time-related on there; go for fifteen minutes, then twenty, etc. That should give my weight loss progress the little jolt it needs to stop bouncing around 246 and go on down.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I feel pretty good tonight; I prelogged for tomorrow already, and know that I'll walk off the overage it shows going to the store. I'm also going to do the rough list tonight so tomorrow I'll be able to do the final list and go to the store earlier. It's better if I go earlier because then I get home in time for lunch, instead of coming home later and ravenous.
  • changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    @muttimn great loss and exercise this week. Sorry to hear about yr mom xoxo
  • changeforeverlj
    Options
    @alexanderfindsherself1971 Wow u blow me away with yr organizational skills, u rock!
  • changeforeverlj
    Options
    @KeriA hope yr radiator is sorted and u got to exercise today! I'm chilling and watching Masterchef Australia, I shouldn't be watching its making me hungry and I can't eat anymore kjs today! Aussies are brilliant at cooking and really have a passion for good food!
  • changeforeverlj
    Options
    @Kmc55 Great loss so far! Keep going and end 2020 strong!
  • torih941
    torih941 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971, yay to the bike! I've considered trying a cycling class, any tips or advice for someone who has literally never done a class? Do you find it to be a good workout?

@AngelaHButterfly, welcome! Wow, Egypt, I bet that is going to be beautiful when the time comes. Great goals, I also am restarting.

@mccarol1956, so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. Kudos to you for doing what you need to do to take care of yourself, grief is so hard. I also only weigh myself once a week for my mental health, otherwise I start to become obsessive.

@changeforeverlj, congratulations on the loss! What an amazing feeling.

@KMC55, I also have that issue when I get too snacky, reeling myself in means dealing with uncomfortable cravings for about a week until I have better control. Nice loss even after visiting the parents!

@JAC581, being stuck is hard, just keep sticking with the process. Possibly double checking portion sizes to make sure you're accurately logging? Or if this is the first month of tracking calories, our body's sometimes take a couple weeks to reflect what we're doing.

@MaxCat1000, it does help to look at the big picture with our calories sometimes, one bad day won't break us.

@KeriA, yes. November is a simple month for me. Get my food under control and then start to incorporate weight loss in again instead of diving head first.

@MuttiNM, nice loss! Sending my thoughts to your family right now.

Fingers crossed, I am trying to get a workout in tonight, whether it is yoga, cardio, a walk, anything! I just want to be able to say that I did something tonight. Hope everyone else is having a good rest of their week so far.
  • finngirl61
    finngirl61 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 ' -
    Thank you so much for your reply. It means a lot to me. I recognize your name and you've made great progress! It's re-syarting again and then staying motivated. But good to focus on copies right now. You're right! 😊❤