Having trouble eating 2500 calories!!!

I am under weight and trying to gain weight.
I can barely manage to eat 1900 calories a day what do u guys do to get calories in what does your diet look like?

I eat healthy
Breakfast-Boost shake banana and a yogurt
Snack -granola bar
Lunch- ham sandwich banana and crackers
Dinner - chicken rice corn
Snack dry cereal and a banana

That is a normal day of eating any recommendations would be great
I am 5”10 115lbs 23 years old really just looking to gain weight fast.

Thx in advance

Replies

• Gymladmatt
    Gymladmatt Posts: 391 Member
    Nuts, peanut butter and even junk food to add calories if you are underweight it’s all about been in a calorie surplus just don’t go overboard
  • Curvybaja55
    Curvybaja55 Posts: 114 Member
    My daughter also tends to be under weight it is a struggle for her to gain weight. Try adding a bit more protein to your diet, Eggs, avocado and nuts, salads with olive oil, roasted vegetables with olive oil, nuts and nut butters,milks and cheese. You can eat healthy and gain weight by adding healthy fats, limit junk foods.
  • IronIsMyTherapy
    IronIsMyTherapy Posts: 482 Member
    2 scoops of protein powder, a cup of whole milk, a banana, a serving of PB and ice. Blend and repeat as needed.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I'm seeing a lot of banana. Nothing wrong with that but maybe add some greens and other fruits to your smoothies or meals. Also try making your food tasty. It helps. A nice pasta dish with ground turkey or tuna, vegetables on the side. Or beef tacos, seafood curries, stir fries, whatever you want. If you still struggle try adding more fat or liquid calories.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I put some suggestions into your
    "eat healthy" meal:
    Breakfast-Boost shake banana and a yogurt(make this full fat)
    Snack -granola bar(high calorie or make it with protein)
    Lunch- ham sandwich(add cheese and mayo or avocado) banana and crackers
    Dinner - chicken(dark meat) rice corn(add butter)
    Snack dry cereal (swap for nuts or nut butter)and a banana(or just have some ice cream)
  • LucasLean
    LucasLean Posts: 100 Member
    edited November 2020
    Pasta and bread (high carb)
    A handful of nuts. (high fat)
    Potatoes. Soups. (high carbs)

One can of Amy's Soups would be about 360 calories (black bean vegetable soup). That's easy. Then having a few slices of bread, which, for my Ezekiel Food for Life bread, equals 240. That's 600 extra calories for those two additions. 3 slices of that bread are 15 grams of protein (5 grams each slice) and almost 20 grams of protein for the soup (in my example used). The bread also has zero sugar and is whole wheat, so would be healthy (low glycemic value as well. They even put the glycemic value on the package). Amy's Soups are also low in fat and sugar and are easy to add.

That soup and bread gets you to the 2,500 calories you wanted to reach. Hope that helps.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Time for ice cream!!!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    If anything you eat is low or no fat - use full fat, like that yogurt.
    Why no milk with cereal - use milk full fat.
    Why so many bananas?
    Nuts instead of crackers - problem there is you won't absorb all the calories from the nuts either.
    Granola bar no low fat version.
    Lunch sandwich peanut butter and that banana if you must have it for some reason.

It'll get easier.

You doing any sort of strength training so this gain in weight isn't just fat?

• ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Drink a large glass of whole milk with each meal - get a peanut butter sandwich or a hamburger in there somewhere - with another glass of milk. You might want to start a weight training program while you are gaining weight
  • elfin168
    elfin168 Posts: 202 Member
    I am a 5, 5 female and could easily eat 2500 cals a day. I would imagine you need to eat more to gain weight. Why the heck the yoghurt and the dry cereal etc. What about home made hamburgers, eggs or baked beans on toast omelettes, mueli bars, steak, gravy mashed potatoes etc. Do you have a history of eating disorder?
  • brianpperkins131
    brianpperkins131 Posts: 90 Member
    As recommended in the other thread you started ... based on your admitted ED the best route forward involves professional therapeutic and medical advice.
  • Austin12mac
    Austin12mac Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you for the replies why so many bananas is they are a higher calorie fruit and I do enjoy eating them.
    I have struggled with a eating disorder and trying new foods is different for me some times. I have seeked help but it’s not something they would stick me in the hospital for they give me suggestions and it’s up to me to improve my situation.
    I have worked out in the past I was going to start a new routine of strong lifts 5*5 does any one have thoughts on what routine to do?

Last summer I got up to 128 lbs by working out and sticking to a a strict diet of the same foods every day and I got tired of eating those thing so then when I stopped I was taking in less calories and it went down hill from there.

So now want to work hard to get weight back up and feel heathy.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Strong lifts 5x5 is a good program! I like it a lot of you have access to free weights.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Peanut butter, donuts, cookies all can add calories to a well balanced diet.
  • bdreier22
    bdreier22 Posts: 1 Member
    I am 29 years old, 5'9" and 138lbs. When I was 20, I was 112lbs and was hospitalized for 48 hours due to weight loss. It's been a long journey but I've made progress this year. Get a blender, start making high calorie shakes once a day; try adding: peanut butter, bananas, milk, yogurt, raw dry oats.
    Make sure all dairy products are whole (milk and yogurt). My daily shake is over 650 calories and I drink it with breakfast.
    12oz whole milk + 6oz whole fat vanilla yogurt + 3tbsp organic cacao powder (for protein and antioxidants) + 1tsp Matcha powder (energy boost) + medium banana + 1/2 cup rolled oats + peanut butter (optional)
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    I just posted on another thread, so will duplicate it here. Snacks, eat everything with dip/dressing, add nuts, cheese, protein shakes with banana and Pb, bacon, milkshakes. Etc. You don’t have to always have”healthy” things. Branch out. Eat healthy but add in yummy fun things. Calories are all that matter.