• processofbelief
    processofbelief Posts: 5 Member
    very inspiring and love your energy! congrats
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 894 Member
    That is some serious stepping!
  • RoseyandReady
    RoseyandReady Posts: 256 Member
    Wow!!! AMAZING job. You have inspired me to keep on walking! Congratulations 😊
  • Way to go !!
  • teacherchana
    teacherchana Posts: 43 Member
    Wow! So inspiring! Do you walk in the morning or evening?
  • David_McKay
    David_McKay Posts: 5 Member
    Wow! So inspiring! Do you walk in the morning or evening?

When I first got started it was in the evening, it was a great way to finish off the day.

Now I have been walking primarily in the morning and keeping it short in the evening.
  • Falconscoach
    Falconscoach Posts: 25 Member
    @David_McKay - great job! I dropped my weight this time with walking 4-5 miles a day as well and cleaning up my unhealthy eating habits. 292lbs to 202lbs. I shaved my beard off when I realized I had a chin and jawline again...lol
  • AngelaHButterfly
    AngelaHButterfly Posts: 11 Member
    Truly inspiring! Thank you for sharing. :)
  • Butterfly_Ninja3
    Butterfly_Ninja3 Posts: 32 Member
    Slow wins the race! Great job and Congratulations!
  • cellymann
    cellymann Posts: 6 Member
    Awesome. I'm a walker myself. I set a 15000 step/day goal a while back, but am consistently in the 25,000 range. Now that I am lighter (down to around 167 from a starting weight of 264), I may start running soon as well. I always resisted it before now because my knees and ankles took a pounding before.

Nice work! Walking is definitely effective. I really enjoy mine. I hook up to a podcast on my iPhone and log my walks and hikes via my Apple Watch. I'm an accountant by trade so love the feedback and metrics captured in Noom and now MFP.

You can't change what you can't measure after all. I truly love my Renpho Bluetooth scale too.
  • David_McKay
    David_McKay Posts: 5 Member
    cellymann wrote: »
    Awesome. I'm a walker myself. I set a 15000 step/day goal a while back, but am consistently in the 25,000 range. Now that I am lighter (down to around 167 from a starting weight of 264), I may start running soon as well. I always resisted it before now because my knees and ankles took a pounding before.

Nice work! Walking is definitely effective. I really enjoy mine. I hook up to a podcast on my iPhone and log my walks and hikes via my Apple Watch. I'm an accountant by trade so love the feedback and metrics captured in Noom and now MFP.

You can't change what you can't measure after all. I truly love my Renpho Bluetooth scale too.

Seeing the captured data feels amazing and helps with the momentum to keep going and trying new exercises.

I recently started running one day out of the week, small segments, so I can focus on my posture, form and nose breathing.

Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!