Women 200lb+, Let's Never Surrender in November!!!

Options

Replies

• changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    @KMC55 great check-in, hard work paying off!! Going strong into December!

@Tarzan37 :smile: Gus is so cute his face just says it all!! Not another picture! Holiday's alone aren't easy, but you have your meal planned you will want to just relax after working and chill!

• laurajewalker
    laurajewalker Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @Tarzan37 - your kitten is so cute!

I’ve been really struggling keeping in my calories, and therefore not losing weight.

I have dabbled with Paul McKenna’s I Can Make You Thin system a few times before, and decided to go back to it to help curb my overeating and constant ‘hunger’. Have been doing it two days and feel so much better. I’ve casually tracked what I’ve eaten and am under my calorie target and the scales have finally moved. I’m 200.1lbs this morning - my lowest in over 10 years. Hoping to see the onederland soon!

Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating it!
  • changeforeverlj
    Options
    @MuttiNM I'm so excited for you and cheering you on, going down to Overweight on the BMI scale is massive!! You are doing brilliantly under difficult circumstances. Those hikes must have been amazing! Good for your mom's Dr for being firm, your poor mom probably doesn't want to even know!! Keep strong over the next few weeks, I'm sure you will be pushed. Being in control of your food and exercise will help you cope xoxo

• MaxCat1000
    MaxCat1000 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'2"
    Highest: 350 (approx. 2013)
    SW: 274 (Sept. 30/20)
    GW: 180 (Mar. 31/22)
    This month:
    Oct. 29: 265.8, Daily Avg. Calories: 1860
    Nov. 05: 263.0, : DAC:1737
    Nov. 12: 259.0, DAC: 1939
    Nov. 19: 257.0 DAC: 1685
    Nov. 26: 256.1 DAC: 1761
    November goals: Weight: 260. Other: To get daily avg. calorie total consistent to 1800 or less

Well, I am happy about both those goals, beating my weight loss goal by about 4 lbs, and my daily average calories only over 1800 once, for a monthly average of 1780. Now with new covid restrictions in place and the holidays coming up, I will have to ponder what I can realistically do for next month!
  • JojoInTheForks
    JojoInTheForks Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I hope all the Americans had a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration yesterday! And I hope no one is beating themselves up for a little indulgence yesterday! Not my holiday so I likely shouldn't comment..but I know what it is like to beat myself up for one day's celebrations! In 2020, we have to take the celebrations where we can get them...one day doesn't break you. Today's a fresh, new day and we all can finish strong ahead of Christmas!!
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in time!

Weigh Ins (lbs):
    11/13 (Initial): 252.8
    11/20: 250.4
    11/27: 250.6! I'm actually okay with this.
    12/4:
    12/11:
    12/18:
    12/25:

I hope everyone had a pleasant Thanksgiving, or a pleasant Thursday at the very least. My eating has been just way out of bounds this week, so I was not super looking forward to the weigh-in this morning, but hey! 0.2 lbs up from last week isn't disastrous, and it's not going to derail me. I'm speaking it into existence.

Two weeks of working out first thing in the morning and I can already feel a difference. It's getting easier every day to do the moves, and I think I'll be able to sustain this habit, I feel confident about that. My husband is going back to school starting in January, so maybe when he has to start getting up at the same time I do, he'll join me for my next six weeks of workouts. He doesn't need to lose any weight, really - he just wants to be a little more fit and active.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    @iloveeggnog I am used to this when I am losing. I go down a few pounds and then up a pound, then either go down again or jump around then go down. That is why I have an app on my phone for daily weight and I can see a graph of the overall trend. Keep doing the right thing and the trend will be with you. Thanks for your note on celebrations!

@fdgrazie a lot going on for you. It feels good once you are healed after not being yourself. I like you goal of healthy and steady.

@AlexandraFindsHerself I had a similar glitch with our new stove. I had preheated the oven at 350 then wanted to set it to 325 once I put the turkey in but forgot one button and the oven turned itself off. I checked on it and didn’t like how it was progressing so I turned it up again. We have a new oven with an option for convection so luckily that cooks the Turkey faster so we had the meal in good time.

@MaxCat1000 I am following all the State and local guidelines and a few of my own. Hang in there for yourself and others. I struggled when they closed the Y and I couldn’t go to Aquafit 3 days a week and I wish I could do that now that I am working again but I found a way to lose and get exercise after a while. You don’t have to lose as much as November just keep losing and getting fitter.

@Tarzan I think your Thanksgiving sounds just fine. A cat we had when in college had 3 kittens and I named my favorite Gus. This Gus is very cute and I love his owl house. Our twin almost grown twin kittens look a lot like our former Gus.

@KMC55 nice progress.

@JAC581 I hope your Thanksgiving was good. You are making great progress. We had a family zoom meeting because I was worried about my 93 year-old Mom who lives by herself in a retirement community.

@laurajewalker Nice that you are so close to Onderland.

@MuttiNM I love reading your exercise each check-in. Nice you got in your bonus hikes! What a milestone with weight loss. Congrats! I pray for good news for your Mom. Take care of yourself while you are with your parents.

@aliciap0116 Thanks for staying connected!

@goal06082021 Nice loss and there is still a few more days this month. Getting exercise each day is really great for you.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    Monday & Tuesday I kept my calories low, tracked water intake, flights, steps and fit in short stints on the Gazelle and we cooked healthy meals at home. The scale started down.
    Wednesday I tracked but got no stints on the Gazelle. I did cook ahead for Thanksgiving but we had take out which sabotaged my calorie deficit. The scale went up on Thursday morning as take out usually does the morning after take out (we don’t eat out anymore).
    Thanksgiving my calories were higher although we only had 2 meals but I was very active cooking. This morning the scale started back down.
    Today I logged any food I missed this week and breakfast today. I filled in my spreadsheet and then I did something I didn’t last time I started working full time. I recalculated my TDEE and adjusted it on my spreadsheet. The calculator also gave me my BMR so I adjusted that. It gave me a much lower number than the last time but I put in sedentary for my activity level. So if I use my old TDEE (maintenance calories) I stayed below this on Wednesday and Thursday but not with my new ones. It is the future that is important and I need to keep a deficit going forward.
    1st Stage Goals:
    • Keep getting enough sleep (this is harder now but I am managing).
    • Track water intake, steps and stairs to up activity level.
    • Log calories in and continue to meal plan to make healthy meals at home. Keep calories at a deficit.
    • Add in small stints on the Gazelle at lunch and breaks unless I take a walk or do strength training instead.
    • Get calories down to my last low. 245.4
    2nd Stage Goals:
    • Start a schedule that incorporates strength training and walks while continuing to cook dinners at home.
    • Maintain a net loss in calories.
    • Start to make progress with weight loss again.

My husband just said let’s go for a walk. There are even some blue skies! Have a great weekend all!
  • uyister
    uyister Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Final November 2020 stats
    38 years old
    Height: 5' 7"
    SW (6/9/2020): 330.0 lbs
    Month SW (10/31/20): 259.8lbs
    Goal weight: 180 lbs
    10/31: 259.8 lbs
    11/7: 259.4lbs
    11/14: 256.0lbs
    11/21: 258.8lbs
    11/28: 252.4lbs

Weekly and Monthly Goals:
    * Keep logging in MFP
    * Begin the T-25 workouts again on Nov 30th, 2020
    * Do either a quick yoga, stretch or walk (Reps to the Rhythm) workout in the evenings in addition to my morning workouts

By the end of year Goals:
    Pass my classes
    Maybe lose another ~13 lbs (get to ~240lbs) by Dec 31st, 2020 - Had to adjust this back to the original goal. ☺

I'll have to come back and catch up with everyone after my quiz on Monday!! Success everyone!!
  • RYcare
    RYcare Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Weight day yesterday

HW also SW 255
    11/7. 255lb
    11/14. 251.6lb
    11/21. 248.2lb
    11/28. 247.6lb

Did not reach my weekly goal but I did not gain after thanksgiving yummy feast.
    Hope to get to 246lb by my dr apt on Friday.
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Age 45, female
    5ft 7
    Starting weight 232 lbs - July 12th
    Current weight 200lbs - November 29th
    Goal Weight 159lbs

Hi everyone ☺
    I'm stuck at 200lbs
    I've lost motivation.
    I need some accountability - I do my weigh in every Friday - if anyone would like to join me feel free to add me 🎅
  • changeforeverlj
    Options
    @wanderinglight Good to have you back! This time of the year is exhausting!
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,188 Member
    Options
    Highest weight 105.5kg (aug 2018)
    Lowest weight 94.7kg (Mar 2020)

Start weight for November 95.8kg

9 Nov - 95.9kg
    16 Nov - 96.7kg
    23 Nov - 96.0kg
    30 Nov - 96.9kg

Goals
    💛 To keep average cals for the week under 2000
    💛 To keep snacks under 25% of cals
    💛 To plan meals in advance for the week
    💛 16:8 - intermittent fasting
    💛 Mediterranean eating
    💛 Using non food ways to manage my emotions.

wk 1 - av cals 2198, snacks 17%
    wk 2 - av cals 2127, snacks 27%
    wk 3 - av cals 2207, snacks 18%
    wk 4 - av cals 2094, snacks 23%

Not a great month, hoping to do better next month. See you all in December.