Just give me 10 days - Round 133

Replies

• CamandJarvis
    CamandJarvis Posts: 2,035 Member
    edited November 2020
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    Anyone interested in being a part of this? Just create some fitness goals you wish to achieve by the end of this "unprecedented" year, and work toward completing them. We can "train" together by simply tracking our progress toward goal in our posts here and welcome 2021 by being more healthy than we are right now.

List owners/leaders, is it ok if we do this here again, or would you prefer me to take it off list? It's been fun to do the Turkey Trot here in a familiar place with folks we "know," but I would understand if you think it's a distraction. I'll size down the icon like before to about an inch if it's ok to keep it here.

I'm absolutely down for this!! I need to finish my Turkey Trot but it'll have to wait until I can take the pup out and its not cold and rainy. If nothing else, I'll do another 1.5 miles with her and combine Wednesday's with it to make the 5k. Due to all the holiday stuff, I think I may aim for yoga - so many minutes? Certain number of yoga practices in the month of December? I'll think on it.
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,361 Member
    @SModa61
    I use MapMyRun by Under Armour. I WISH it tracked my 5K for me. I have to watch my watch or phone closely at the end or it just lets me keep going. If it does what you're talking about, I don't know how to set it up that way yet. I was using the app Endomondo, have for probably 10 years, but they got bought out by Under Armour, and it is being discontinued so I had to switch. I'm open to suggestions if anyone knows of free apps where you can set an end distance and it will alert you. Anyone know of anything like that?

• SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,854 Member
    @SModa61
    I use MapMyRun by Under Armour. I WISH it tracked my 5K for me. I have to watch my watch or phone closely at the end or it just lets me keep going. If it does what you're talking about, I don't know how to set it up that way yet. I was using the app Endomondo, have for probably 10 years, but they got bought out by Under Armour, and it is being discontinued so I had to switch. I'm open to suggestions if anyone knows of free apps where you can set an end distance and it will alert you. Anyone know of anything like that?

@UTMom81 Your screen shot looked so much like the image on my phone, I thought they acted the same. The ap for the feaster 5, updated me at each mile telling me that I had reached it, the pace for that previous mile and distance remaining. Then when I reached the 5K it automatically determined I had finished and notified me and, more importantly, stopped the timer. When I get a chance, I'll see if I can find any other ap options.
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,361 Member
    SModa61 wrote: »
    @SModa61

@UTMom81 Your screen shot looked so much like the image on my phone, I thought they acted the same. The ap for the feaster 5, updated me at each mile telling me that I had reached it, the pace for that previous mile and distance remaining. Then when I reached the 5K it automatically determined I had finished and notified me and, more importantly, stopped the timer. When I get a chance, I'll see if I can find any other ap options.

Mine will update me each mile telling me the pace and, if not on the first mile, the split time, but it does not tell me when I'm done with the 5K.