If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Options

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,328 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Well yes we all have different tastes but I have several disagree on my posts... lol ok more for me 😂 Idk who could not like some of mine but then again anything with meat, pizza or animal is noooo for me.

A lot of my disagrees are from in here 😂

The title says "I would eat" so I don't really get it... I've seen some delicious food in here though and some not ... Just putting it out there, not one disagree is mine 😜😁

Don't worry about it! This thread is for anyone to post things they love. I hate seafood of all kind and it looks gross to me, but I don't disagree because its what you like! I always get tons of disagrees all the time when I post pizza LOL, but doesn't stop me from posting because I can't help what I crave!

I could never disagree on pizza 🤤 extra pepperoni on mine.

Actually, I have learnt something recently from my visits here. Thank you @VegjoyP for broadening my horizons. I always thought vegan/vegetarian synonymous with bean sprouts and salad 😆your pics clearly show it is not.. I learnt something 🙂

Oh nooo not at all. The whole stigma with veganiam is misunderstoodas far as tasty, exotic or rich foods. Today the vegan and wholefood plant based movement is huge, way more creative and diverse. Sooo fyi when I find and post my picks, they are vegan and usually gluten free!

Indeed!

I didn't eat meat for 30 years. There's so much deliciousness out there that doesn't include eating tasty animals. I had to quit going across country for Thanksgiving. My family always thought, for some reason, I was missing out if I didn't eat the animals. But the table was full of so much delicious plants. So my mother wanted to make some MORE food so I'd have "something to eat." But.... there was so much to eat. She worked to hard on feeding the family, I couldn't in good conscience go visit knowing it would be MORE work. Then again, I LOVE to cook. It's probably something I got from her. So I get it that she wanted to do something special for her "special boy."

My return to eating meat was actually started in order to make it easier for other people to plan river trips; I became an omnivore so our trips could be more seamless and easy.

There's so much deliciousness out there that doesn't require animals. It's worth experimenting if you haven't. I still struggle with how meat is raised in industrial farms and also how it's killed. If I'm going to eat an animal, I want it to have had a good live AND a good death. Even humanely raised animals sometimes have horrible deaths.

Maybe one of these days I'll go back to avoiding eating animals. For now... I'll be picky with what I support, and sustainable fisheries are top of the list. Sustaining habitat in the ocean is also very important in part so I can eat those animals and in part because, well; it's a big ocean, and we know more about the surface of the moon than the deep ocean environment.

Interesting, being vegan is so easy to plan trips- nuts, seeds, seeds, dried veggies, the list is endless! pm me. We can share ideas

Sure, if everyone is making their own meals, like a self-support multi-day kayak trip, it's much easier. But most of the river trips I do now are raft trips with group meals cooked in a common kitchen rather than on a backpack stove. Having some participants that need a steak every day, some that can't eat lactose, one that won't eat onions, and one that won't eat blueberries starts to make things difficult. My partner and I decided we would no longer put restrictions on the group. Some are easier to deal with than others, but it's really so much easier if everyone is satisfied with what's on the menu.

Looks like the disagree fairy has found my posts, too.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    sp95ba77xgpq.jpg
    lni7a0avvdip.jpg
    l1sz2fitj4j5.jpg
    q8wjb8hujcxk.jpg

YES YES YES!!!!! It is that time of year!!! I want every single one of those platters all to myself. :D
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    sp95ba77xgpq.jpg
    lni7a0avvdip.jpg
    l1sz2fitj4j5.jpg
    q8wjb8hujcxk.jpg

YES YES YES!!!!! It is that time of year!!! I want every single one of those platters all to myself. :D

My favorite would be the last one... fudge!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    sp95ba77xgpq.jpg
    lni7a0avvdip.jpg
    l1sz2fitj4j5.jpg
    q8wjb8hujcxk.jpg

are these your creations?
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    sp95ba77xgpq.jpg
    lni7a0avvdip.jpg
    l1sz2fitj4j5.jpg
    q8wjb8hujcxk.jpg

No :(
  • PAPYRUS3
    Options
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    sp95ba77xgpq.jpg
    lni7a0avvdip.jpg
    l1sz2fitj4j5.jpg
    q8wjb8hujcxk.jpg

No :(

well now...getting baking...and send me some pretty please😘😘
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    dmnl8ens0mcd.png
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    what's everyones fave?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Well yes we all have different tastes but I have several disagree on my posts... lol ok more for me 😂 Idk who could not like some of mine but then again anything with meat, pizza or animal is noooo for me.

The title says "I would eat" so I don't really get it... I've seen some delicious food in here though and some not ... Just putting it out there, not one disagree is mine 😜😁

Don't worry about it! This thread is for anyone to post things they love. I hate seafood of all kind and it looks gross to me, but I don't disagree because its what you like! I always get tons of disagrees all the time when I post pizza LOL, but doesn't stop me from posting because I can't help what I crave!

Actually, I have learnt something recently from my visits here. Thank you @VegjoyP for broadening my horizons. I always thought vegan/vegetarian synonymous with bean sprouts and salad 😆your pics clearly show it is not.. I learnt something 🙂

Oh nooo not at all. The whole stigma with veganiam is misunderstoodas far as tasty, exotic or rich foods. Today the vegan and wholefood plant based movement is huge, way more creative and diverse. Sooo fyi when I find and post my picks, they are vegan and usually gluten free!

Indeed!

I didn't eat meat for 30 years. There's so much deliciousness out there that doesn't include eating tasty animals. I had to quit going across country for Thanksgiving. My family always thought, for some reason, I was missing out if I didn't eat the animals. But the table was full of so much delicious plants. So my mother wanted to make some MORE food so I'd have "something to eat." But.... there was so much to eat. She worked to hard on feeding the family, I couldn't in good conscience go visit knowing it would be MORE work. Then again, I LOVE to cook. It's probably something I got from her. So I get it that she wanted to do something special for her "special boy."

My return to eating meat was actually started in order to make it easier for other people to plan river trips; I became an omnivore so our trips could be more seamless and easy.

There's so much deliciousness out there that doesn't require animals. It's worth experimenting if you haven't. I still struggle with how meat is raised in industrial farms and also how it's killed. If I'm going to eat an animal, I want it to have had a good live AND a good death. Even humanely raised animals sometimes have horrible deaths.

Maybe one of these days I'll go back to avoiding eating animals. For now... I'll be picky with what I support, and sustainable fisheries are top of the list. Sustaining habitat in the ocean is also very important in part so I can eat those animals and in part because, well; it's a big ocean, and we know more about the surface of the moon than the deep ocean environment.

Interesting, being vegan is so easy to plan trips- nuts, seeds, seeds, dried veggies, the list is endless! pm me. We can share ideas

Sure, if everyone is making their own meals, like a self-support multi-day kayak trip, it's much easier. But most of the river trips I do now are raft trips with group meals cooked in a common kitchen rather than on a backpack stove. Having some participants that need a steak every day, some that can't eat lactose, one that won't eat onions, and one that won't eat blueberries starts to make things difficult. My partner and I decided we would no longer put restrictions on the group. Some are easier to deal with than others, but it's really so much easier if everyone is satisfied with what's on the menu.

I hugged and inspired to make up for the negatives 🙂 Making food ( like your fish) that you did yourself and enjoyed is wonderful.. please, continue to post what YOU'D like...
    I still ain't eating conch though *shudder* 😂
  • slimgirljo15
    edited December 2020
    Options
    what's everyones fave?
    dmnl8ens0mcd.png

I couldn't pick.. they all look delicious
    Put I'd probably try the choc chip biscuit that looks like it has caramel too first. 🤤
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    sp95ba77xgpq.jpg
    lni7a0avvdip.jpg
    l1sz2fitj4j5.jpg
    q8wjb8hujcxk.jpg

Yessss, I'd be in heaven..
  • PAPYRUS3
    Options
    @pancakerunner - really an impossible thing to do...you're stressing me out😳
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    o2ezv3p5ars9.png
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,328 Member
    Options

Indeed!

I hugged and inspired to make up for the negatives 🙂 Making food ( like your fish) that you did yourself and enjoyed is wonderful.. please, continue to post what YOU'D like...

I will be sure to NOT tell you it's conch until after you eat it and declare it SO delicious 😂

I no longer eat octopus. They are too smart to eat. The first time I reluctantly tried sushi, I told my friends that was the one thing I would not try. I did try it, though, and it was really tasty. But I don't eat 'em anymore. Did you know that each of their arms has its own brain? I'm kind of almost convinced they are not originally from this planet.

If it didn't have calories, I'd have a slice of this bread...

zjw5exoznbph.png

The big slice on the left, not that little silly thing on the right....

4w9zdx7dpdb2.png

• slimgirljo15
    Options

Indeed!

I will be sure to NOT tell you it's conch until after you eat it and declare it SO delicious 😂

I no longer eat octopus. They are too smart to eat. The first time I reluctantly tried sushi, I told my friends that was the one thing I would not try. I did try it, though, and it was really tasty. But I don't eat 'em anymore. Did you know that each of their arms has its own brain? I'm kind of almost convinced they are not originally from this planet.

If it didn't have calories, I'd have a slice of this bread...

zjw5exoznbph.png

The big slice on the left, not that little silly thing on the right....

4w9zdx7dpdb2.png

Yum.. big slab of fresh bread with butter. My favourite piece is the ends , I always cut a slab from each end first 😆
    I love sushi.. I eat it once a week but more the crumbed chicken ones.. not so much the raw fish ones.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,614 Member
    Options
    sp95ba77xgpq.jpg
    lni7a0avvdip.jpg
    l1sz2fitj4j5.jpg
    q8wjb8hujcxk.jpg

Ugh, I'm a sucker for colored sprinkles.

And cookies.

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,614 Member
    Options
    sp95ba77xgpq.jpg
    lni7a0avvdip.jpg
    l1sz2fitj4j5.jpg
    q8wjb8hujcxk.jpg

Yessss, I'd be in heaven..

Some of the cookies in the first pic are upside down????
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    akx96nmx9gop.jpg
    the best
    One of my favorites, too. And peppernuts. and divinity