New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited December 2020
    sfipvm46gmdk.jpeg
    nzjc0c1sdinm.jpeg
    wn7kul5ajc8q.jpeg

I tried this and absolutely LOVED it! It was so much better than other soy crumbles I’ve had. It comes dehydrated and you just add some hot water and let it sit for a few minutes and it’s ready to use. Next time I will try cooking it in a skillet after with some onions and bell peppers or something.

It already has taco seasonings in it so I didn’t feel the need to add anything more. It really tasted great and I was surprised how much I liked it. The texture was very similar to ground turkey or chicken. I usually don’t expect or want fake meat to taste the same because Im not trying to replace meat, but it really did. My boyfriend didn’t notice it wasn’t until I told him after. He said he thought it was ground turkey.

I would definitely get it again. I liked how there is no “oily” ness from the fat in the meat. My stomach is always upset after I have tacos but this didn’t bother me at all. I know that’s not the case for most people but for me it is.

I also got the chicken variety to try next. Raw meat grosses me out so I rarely make it for myself unless it’s already cooked and I can just heat it up. So this was a yummy new food for me.
  • magicfoodfluff
    magicfoodfluff Posts: 228 Member
    y0qkhpq75131.png

Anyone find this flavor this year?
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    sfipvm46gmdk.jpeg
    nzjc0c1sdinm.jpeg
    wn7kul5ajc8q.jpeg

I tried this and absolutely LOVED it! It was so much better than other soy crumbles I’ve had. It comes dehydrated and you just add some hot water and let it sit for a few minutes and it’s ready to use. Next time I will try cooking it in a skillet after with some onions and bell peppers or something.

It already has taco seasonings in it so I didn’t feel the need to add anything more. It really tasted great and I was surprised how much I liked it. The texture was very similar to ground turkey or chicken. I usually don’t expect or want fake meat to taste the same because Im not trying to replace meat, but it really did. My boyfriend didn’t notice it wasn’t until I told him after. He said he thought it was ground turkey.

I would definitely get it again. I liked how there is no “oily” ness from the fat in the meat. My stomach is always upset after I have tacos but this didn’t bother me at all. I know that’s not the case for most people but for me it is.

I also got the chicken variety to try next. Raw meat grosses me out so I rarely make it for myself unless it’s already cooked and I can just heat it up. So this was a yummy new food for me.

I must find this!!! I am vegan/ wholefood plant based and really just use meat substitutes on occasion, but this looks good :)
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    I am obsessed with those too and buy them by the case. I use the fruity flavors for my water and of course the others with my coffee. But have you tried the salted dark chocolate espresso? It's my absolute favorite!
    wwnltcztt7li.jpg
    Yes I’ve had this one before and loved it! I ordered a few of them. I like the butter toffee as well as pumpkin caramel and pumpkin cheesecake

I agree @PAPYRUS3 I thought all of those ones were just okay. I didn’t like the birthday cake much either. It had a more bubble gum flavor and I like my birthday cake more funfetti tasting.

I also got the pumpkin caramel scone, cinnamon roll, cotton candy and Christmas cookie which I’ve never tried before. So I’ll let you know if they are any good. Not sure how different pumpkin caramel scone is from the regular pumpkin caramel though lol.

I thought the Birthday Cake was SO gross. Very chemically tasting. I actually tossed it because I didn't wanna bother returning it to Marshall's (was deeply discounted....hm, wonder why?!) Christmas Cookie isn't bad -- a little cherry almond flavor, if you like that sort of thing :)
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    @skelterhelter - yes - that Birthday cake one is terrible! I found Christmas Cookie mainly just sweet from what I remember of it. That Pumpkin Caramel Scone mentioned by Noreen sounds interesting. However, I've never seen that one. I've been hoping to score some Maple Bourbon Pecan...haven't seen it since last year.
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    l2quxjyj3jtz.png

Not new but new to me. VERY good! It tastes very much like regular cream when cold. It doesn’t do amazingly in coffee but it’s still acceptable, because it separates slightly and changes the flavor I think I’ll stick with Nut Pods. It’s certainly not healthy or natural but if you’re trying to sub real cream, this stuff rocks. I’ll be attempting whipped cream and maybe some other tests soon!
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    l2quxjyj3jtz.png

Not new but new to me. VERY good! It tastes very much like regular cream when cold. It doesn’t do amazingly in coffee but it’s still acceptable, because it separates slightly and changes the flavor I think I’ll stick with Nut Pods. It’s certainly not healthy or natural but if you’re trying to sub real cream, this stuff rocks. I’ll be attempting whipped cream and maybe some other tests soon!

Nice! I'll have to look for this--I try to use freshly-whipped cream with pies.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    My favorite is the peanut butter cookie dough. It has a really nice peanut butter flavor that reminds me of creamy unsweetened natural peanut butter. The chocolate cocoa crunch was also good, I liked the crunchy bits.

They are kind of small and thin though for 200-210 calories. They aren't very sweet and I bet they would be really good if they had a bit more sweetener. They are kind of like a super soft larabar with less nuts. I probably would get them again. All in all, these are pretty good, but not the best I've had.xu8ow22ys4iu.jpeg
    afrlg0yxb5od.jpeg
    hxpx0bzxjhks.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited December 2020
    These are pretty good they taste like muffins made with applesauce though not really like cookies. They are good warmed up. I wouldn’t buy them again though because they weren’t fantastic. I much prefer Lenny and Larry 2oz snickerdoodle.
    4 cookies has about 110 calories by weight. They are good for a bite sized snack but really more like mini muffin tops.wfv8gqi4oqzs.jpeg
    yi8cucvdc0ga.jpeg

• Noreenmarie1234
    Why do you disagree about the cookies? Have you tried them? Please share your opinion!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    These are pretty good they taste like muffins made with applesauce though not really like cookies. They are good warmed up. I wouldn’t buy them again though because they weren’t fantastic. I much prefer Lenny and Larry 2oz snickerdoodle.
    4 cookies has about 110 calories by weight. They are good for a bite sized snack but really more like mini muffin tops.wfv8gqi4oqzs.jpeg
    yi8cucvdc0ga.jpeg

I didn't disagree but I HATE baked goods made with applesauce lol
  • Noreenmarie1234
    a2a1zhngiwbh.jpg
    Just got this from a Jimmy Dean contest, I am giving it to my bf as a gag gift for christmas but I will try it and report back :D . Sounds disgusting.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Thee are really good. I’ve never had the banana before but it is excellent, I think my favorite out of all the ones I’ve tried. Really tastes like real banana. Slightly crispy from the seeds. I just wish they were bigger. 7p0r3idg6rrw.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited December 2020
    These look good, I love plantain chips. u2euvl6faixi.png
  • Noreenmarie1234
    uzcdzu57k8ls.png
  • Noreenmarie1234
    free printable coupon for a pint of ice cream
    https://www.hudsonvilleicecream.com/freepint/

cp6bzzjlsz17.png
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,797 Member
    free printable coupon for a pint of ice cream
    https://www.hudsonvilleicecream.com/freepint/

cp6bzzjlsz17.png

None near me
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    Nice! I'll have to look for this--I try to use freshly-whipped cream with pies.

That’s the way for sure. If it makes a good whip I might use it at Christmas myself!