What’s unique/unusual about where you live?

1234568»

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,539 Member
    JessBbody wrote: »
    My patio overlooks a man made river and I get to see all manner of people walking along the path every day.

Just last week there was the guy in nothing but a speedo and a towel on this head.

There's two different guys who like to listen to the radio while walking - one in French and one in an Indian language.

There is the guy who plays Frisbee with his little dog while blasting Phil Collins on the boom box.

There's a guy on his bike who every night rides by playing the same oldie, "black is black - I want my baby back."

There is the guy who sits on the slope and plays a soft Japanese flute at 11 o'clock at night.

It's pretty cool, except when I want to come out and sit in the dark with no pants.

That sounds like such a neat community. 😊
    Boo for no pants though. Lol
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    My patio overlooks a man made river and I get to see all manner of people walking along the path every day.

Just last week there was the guy in nothing but a speedo and a towel on this head.

There's two different guys who like to listen to the radio while walking - one in French and one in an Indian language.

There is the guy who plays Frisbee with his little dog while blasting Phil Collins on the boom box.

There's a guy on his bike who every night rides by playing the same oldie, "black is black - I want my baby back."

There is the guy who sits on the slope and plays a soft Japanese flute at 11 o'clock at night.

It's pretty cool, except when I want to come out and sit in the dark with no pants.

So I don't see the issue? What exactly is stopping you? Maybe all those guys keep passing by, just waiting and hoping. :) Except the Black is Black guy. No way do you want to be the 'rebound' girl.
  • JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

So I don't see the issue? What exactly is stopping you? Maybe all those guys keep passing by, just waiting and hoping. :) Except the Black is Black guy. No way do you want to be the 'rebound' girl.

LOL, Thanks Reenie. It never occurred to me that sitting on my patio with no pants might bring me more luck than a dating app.

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,539 Member

LOL, Thanks Reenie. It never occurred to me that sitting on my patio with no pants might bring me more luck than a dating app.

I dunno. I used to mow my lawn in short shorts and a bikini and it didn't do nuffin for me. 😔😂
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

I dunno. I used to mow my lawn in short shorts and a bikini and it didn't do nuffin for me. 😔😂

Well now you get to shovel snow in shorts and a bikini; bet that'll draw some attention. :) Or bring your weight sets outside? :)
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Give me a minute, I’ll think of something...........cowboys, oilwells, The Thunder, OU Football, cost of living is comparatively low, you can buy a lot of house for not so much.
    Great place to raise kids.

It’s hard to get lost in Oklahoma.
    You can see for miles, all the streets run N-S, E-W, numbered.

Edit to Add:
    Our gov is pretty level headed and reasonable about the Flu and life here has been easier than many other states.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    jamloche wrote: »
    When I was a kid my parents would take us to visit SeaWorld™ on the shores of beautiful Geauga Lake. This is where I learned that even killer whales can be boring. I also learned the bitter disappointment of watching other people swim and water ski while I sweated through my clothes on painted concrete stadium seating. The worst part was that directly across the lake was a world-class amusement park, and all you could hear in the background were roller coasters and the ecstatic screams of all those lucky lucky people.

I hated SeaWorld™ with a burning passion. Ironically, they sold the Geauga Lake location to the amusement park decades ago, which nearly doubled its size. This is what that beautiful slice of heaven looks like now ...
    40hkcoql4w4p.jpg

That's right, they just abandoned that sucker ... and now it's a snarl of pricker-bushes full of deer ticks and poltergeists. Welcome to the Western Reserve

https://www.cleveland.com/business/2020/11/keeping-the-memory-of-geauga-lake-alive-as-property-goes-from-roller-coasters-to-retail-residential.html