30 pounds to lose challenge by March 2021

Options

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    @lorrainequiche59 I like Deepak Chopra (and your quote).
  • trwhitney2627
    trwhitney2627 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone. I have a problem. My best "tool" for losing weight is to walk or hike, maybe even a little jog, on nearby trails. I try to complete at least 3 to 6 miles a day, sometimes 9 or 10 miles. This has helped me shed 42 lbs in the last 5 months. But now the weather in Oregon is miserable, cold and windy and very wet. I can barely climb those muddy trails. If I want to lose weight but can't go outside, what kind cardio exercise can I do indoors with practically no exercise equipment?
  • WeatherJane
    WeatherJane Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone. I have a problem. My best "tool" for losing weight is to walk or hike, maybe even a little jog, on nearby trails. I try to complete at least 3 to 6 miles a day, sometimes 9 or 10 miles. This has helped me shed 42 lbs in the last 5 months. But now the weather in Oregon is miserable, cold and windy and very wet. I can barely climb those muddy trails. If I want to lose weight but can't go outside, what kind cardio exercise can I do indoors with practically no exercise equipment?

I do a lot of walking in place inside with some light weights, or pacing up and down the hallway. Most of the time I watch TV, or listen to music.
    - Signed a fellow Oregonian.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options

https://youtu.be/a53oJduL4Hg
    This is my go to youtube for Zumba. It's not too fast (the moves) ; it's 30 min. And I like the music.
  • shannonkelly08
    shannonkelly08 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    So, I had a personal trainer for 6 months. I told him in advance I bulk up easily (my thighs get muscular/meaty) when I do squats or lunges... but anyway I still did them and all the other weight lifting things he told me to do for months.

I didn't lose a single pound BUT I also didn't look thinner like I thought I would; I looked bulky. I think my body just responds to weight lifting like a man's.

I had to "fire" the trainer, because he was a no show four times out of 8 in November. It was disappointing , because I liked the guy and thought he was a good trainer -just didn't have a serious work ethic.

Last night, I went one his facebook page to see what he is up to. He posted a testimonial video, so I watched it. To my shock, there I was shown doing squats and lifting heavy ropes for about 5 seconds in the video. I looked soooo bulky. Yes I had muscles but since I'm chubby, I just looked fat. I cringed. I was really proud of myself for going to a trainer for 6 months; I learned a lot. But the video sure is giving me some serious motivation to lose this weight.

I agree that it was inappropriate to post without your knowledge! My motivation is similar but a little different lol I had a consult with a new doctor and while sitting on the examination table, I saw the words "abdomen obese" on the computer screen from a previous appointment! I was horrified but it was the truth! Since that appointment, I have a sticky with that comment posted on my bathroom mirror to keep me motivated!