30 pounds to lose challenge by March 2021

Options

Replies

• trwhitney2627
    trwhitney2627 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Good Day to All: My emotional eating app saying today is "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." ~ Confucius ~

I was wondering how I can apply that to my eating issue, hmmmm? I suppose it could relate it to unhealthy ways I developed of coping with stress, sadness, anxiety and other uncomfortable feelings by using food to soothe myself, numb myself and distract myself. It is like being on auto-pilot and just coasting along without thinking. It becomes habit and I just do what I do without being conscious of it until my clothes get tighter & I feel really tired, sluggish etc. There is a comfort in the familiar even IF it is not what I want to do. There is a fear of letting go of the familiar, comfortable way of soothing myself even when the long-term consequences outweigh the immediate relief/release. What am I afraid of? Habit is easy-peasy. Thinking of & adopting different ways to cope requires work cause it is NOT automatic. So perhaps that is part of the fear for me is changing the way I cope. Doing the emotional work necessary to change my faulty habits into healthy habits that have long-term benefits.

Can anyone else relate?

This is so true, @lorrainequiche59
  • Fabme1
    Fabme1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    @lorrainequiche59 love your quotes and your definitely not alone.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,258 Member
    Options
    Static
    Last log in 121lbs
    New log 121 lbs but feel more bloated maybe its water 😭