30 pounds to lose challenge by March 2021

Options

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    So, I had a personal trainer for 6 months. I told him in advance I bulk up easily (my thighs get muscular/meaty) when I do squats or lunges... but anyway I still did them and all the other weight lifting things he told me to do for months.

I agree that it was inappropriate to post without your knowledge! My motivation is similar but a little different lol I had a consult with a new doctor and while sitting on the examination table, I saw the words "abdomen obese" on the computer screen from a previous appointment! I was horrified but it was the truth! Since that appointment, I have a sticky with that comment posted on my bathroom mirror to keep me motivated!

Yes that would do it for me too. That video was like the words on the computer screen.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,227 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your replies, @JenT304 @Trina2040 @RubyRed427 and others...
    I'm still braving the bad weather on my daily hikes but I like your suggestions, especially the dancing /Zumba idea. My wife (who hates exercise) loves that idea and plans to join me in some living room dancing.
    I agree. I had been thinking for some time about adding some guided YouTube workout, perhaps yoga, to my daily routine. The Zumba video inspired me, however I ended up working out to one more appropriate for where I'm at (15 minute Senior workout). I just did it again today. It's working on muscles I don't normally use, and I can tell it will make me more flexible.
    kwgrandma wrote: »
    “Don’t work out because you hate your body — work out because you love it.”– Author Unknown

This goes for what we put into our bodies as well. We need to feed our bodies healthy foods, not junk, because this is the only body we get. We need to love and care for it, not starve or stuff it.

Let’s all care for our bodies today. Eat well. Get some exercise. Be well.
    What a great quote!

I'm becoming increasingly aware of a forgotten feeling in my muscles. My body awareness is changing from one of being aware mainly of my "gut" to being aware mainly of my muscles. It's a good feeling, not one where my muscles are sore, but one where they feel "challenged" and are happy about it. :smile:

• Tygirl2016
    Tygirl2016 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Love the idea of pre-logging. I’ve found I am most successful if I log it into MFP before it goes in my mouth. Planning a whole day all in the morning or the night before sounds interesting.

jan110144 wrote: »
    @RubyRed427 i find that pre-logging my day is a crucial part of successful weight loss for me.. I do it every morning as I drink my first cup of coffee ... logging both food and planned exercise.
    Most days that keeps me on track (and I don't reach dinner with only 150 calories left for the day 🙂). Occasionally, I have to make adjustments at the end of the day, but most days not.

@frankwbrown congrats on your weight loss to date! I doubt that I will make 30 pounds by March, but that's ok. I will be MUCH closer to where I want to be.

• Tygirl2016
    Tygirl2016 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    [quotqe="trwhitney2627;c-45576493"]Hi, everyone. I have a problem. My best "tool" for losing weight is to walk or hike, maybe even a little jog, on nearby trails. I try to complete at least 3 to 6 miles a day, sometimes 9 or 10 miles. This has helped me shed 42 lbs in the last 5 months. But now the weather in Oregon is miserable, cold and windy and very wet. I can barely climb those muddy trails. If I want to lose weight but can't go outside, what kind cardio exercise can I do indoors with practically no exercise equipment?[/quote]

I have found fitness folks on YouTube that I enjoy and do those in my living room.

Then, there are fitness apps. Daily Burn had a free trial back in March and I enjoyed it so much I now have a subscription to it. They do a new workout every morning and have other workout programs to choose from. If you do the annual subscription, you get total access to everything they have. (I think it was $100 a year)

Strength wise, I just found Jaime Brenkus again at 8minuteworkouts.com and actually have my Hubbie working out with me! On the site you can get a FREE account and get access to the whole 30 day Shape Up program. For those of you who remember the 80s, Jamie did a series of “8 Minute” VHS tape workouts back in the day - 8 Minute Abs, 8 Minute Legs, etc. These workouts are fast and you can feel them working!

• RubyRed427
    Options
    I've gotten off to a bad start being active in the group! Dealing with some temporary health issues and haven't felt like doing anything but sleep. Under Drs. care and hope to be active soon!

Wishing you speedy recovery! Listen to your body and heal. Sleep is good for healing.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    kwgrandma wrote: »
    “Don’t work out because you hate your body — work out because you love it.”– Author Unknown

This goes for what we put into our bodies as well. We need to feed our bodies healthy foods, not junk, because this is the only body we get. We need to love and care for it, not starve or stuff it.

Let’s all care for our bodies today. Eat well. Get some exercise. Be well.

Love the quote!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Trina2040 wrote: »
    JenT304 wrote: »
    @RubyRed427 Completely inappropriate for him to use video of you without your consent. I would ask him to remove it. That being said, you know muscle weighs more than fat so that explains the no weight loss. I am sure you are much stronger and have a healthier heart which is so important.
    @trwhitney2627 Just don't sit while watching tv. I lift light weights and march in place. It is not the same as a 10 mile hike of course, but it is better than nothing!

Agree that posting video of you without your permission is inappropriate. As for exercise, I lift weights and march in place too. Since the gym is off limits for me because of the pandemic this helps me get to a 20k step count that I hit every day. Better than nothing for sure!
    20,000 step count rocks! Bravo!