Not so new, but finally striving to change

Options
Hi everyone! I made my account 3-4 months ago, but never really used it and kind of forgot about it. After a huge awakening I had a few days ago, I decided that I need to take my health more seriously and take the necessary steps to a healthier lifestyle.

In order to be in a healthy weight, I need to lose over 100 lbs. I'm giving myself the next 1-2 years to feel better about myself both mentally and physically. I am not in a hurry, I want to create habits that I would actually enjoy doing it. That's why I would love to make some new friends and build some good habits together! We all deserve to feel our best!

Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope that you all achieve your goals! :)

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,429 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome back! I've been around here for a while, but just wanted to drop in and say it sounds like you've really committed to this, and that's a great sign. You mention wanting to make friends and new habits, as well as having a larger amount to lose, so I'm thinking you might enjoy this group:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

It's a supportive group, with a nice mix of people who are new, and others who have made some great progress already.

Wishing you much success with MFP!
  • 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 230 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Hi @trixxtie and welcome. I love your attitude about not being in a hurry aaand creating habits you enjoy. I started off slowly as well, gradually making small changes which have added up and now I lose 4-5 pounds a month usually. My goal for the holidays is not to gain more than a couple of pounds at most and to be at my current weight by the 2nd week of January. I knew I would not sustain a healthy life style if I made all my changes at once or felt "deprived." I know I could be stricter and lose weight faster but this is working for me. I feel better, weigh less, am stonger and more fit than I have been in years. Good luck, I know you can do this.
  • Trixxtie
    Trixxtie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    @AnnPT77 and @1poundatax, thank you for the kind words, it really means a lot! I will definitely check the group out!

Once again thank you!
  • applespearsncakes
    applespearsncakes Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Hi, and welcome back! I've been around here for a while, but just wanted to drop in and say it sounds like you've really committed to this, and that's a great sign. You mention wanting to make friends and new habits, as well as having a larger amount to lose, so I'm thinking you might enjoy this group:

It's a supportive group, with a nice mix of people who are new, and others who have made some great progress already.

I'm newish too - hi! I count everything in kilos (Australia) but looks like roughly 50 pounds to lose. Could I join that group too or is there another one similar? :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,429 Member
    Options

I'm newish too - hi! I count everything in kilos (Australia) but looks like roughly 50 pounds to lose. Could I join that group too or is there another one similar? :)

@NovusDies, can you help with this, perhaps? I'm not sure what range of groups/rules apply might apply here? Do you know?
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options

50 pounds to one person is easily 75 pounds to another. How tall are you? How does carrying this extra weight impact your life?
  • Trixxtie
    edited December 2020
    Options

Hi! I need some help, I entered the group's page both by computer and by phone and, for some reason, I can't find a way to join it. I managed to join another group, that's why I'm quite confuse of why I can't find the join option, especially since the group is public. I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, but I don't know what to do. I'll be grateful for any help!
  • healthygirlintransit
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm in the same boat as you needing to lose roughly 100lbs and taking it slow. If you need an accountability partner just send me a friend request.
  • Trixxtie
    edited December 2020
    Options
    @healthygirlintransit Hi, I just saw your post and I sent you a friend request!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I love that you’re not in a hurry, @trixxtie! Perfect attitude! Do you listen to podcasts? Half Size Me is a great one and sounds like it would be right up your alley.