Seriously?!?

Options
2»

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I've decided to let the scale go (the one weighing my body, not the food one). I'm so tired of letting the number define my worth and success/failure! So I'm done. I'll just focus on my diet plan (that I upped at 1600 btw, since I'm aiming at global health and not necessarily fast weight loss), and go with clothes fitting instead. I already feel better and my clothes feel a little looser. And a colleague I had not seen in a week asked me yesterday if I'm losing weight, so.... Yeah, goodbye scale! (For a good while at least! I'm thinking at least 6 months)

Sometimes you just do something as long as it works, then change gears when it doesn't. We all have to find our own way in the end. Re-read this thread in the future and you may pick up some ideas when you need them.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I think the best decision I made when I decided to lose weight was having lots of different markers of success other than the scale. I didn't have any scale issues but for scale fear (and for me weighing daily ended up being very helpful, but I also didn't obsess about the number), but I was convinced weight loss wouldn't actually work (which turned out to be untrue, of course) so decided to be as fit as possible in ways I could control: good diet, calories on point, exercise and activity plan. It was more important to me to check off my other goals and make progress on them than merely getting the scale to get to a certain number by a certain date. That helped me not get wrapped up in or frustrated by slow movement on the scale.
  • 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    As others have said it takes time. I have quit so many times because I didn't see the results I thought I should in a short amount of time. I am now losing 4-5 pounds per month but I can go couple of weeks without losing anything. I just know if I continue to eat healthy eventually I will lose weight.