December 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins Great news and pretty much the best Christmas present ever.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    @eleanorhawkins Great news and pretty much the best Christmas present ever.

Yes, it really is!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas to my MFP fam! 🎄
    Sounds like everyone is having (or had) a good day.
    Great news @eleanorhawkins for your negative test!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,072 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart I guess I misread that. Glad you were able to get off earlier than early. Also glad you got your run in before the wind picked up. The wind is a bear, especially if it is cold.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Yay @eleanorhawkins, that’s fab news! And yes, go run that half - with a ‘taper’ like that, your legs will feel great. Enjoy the run and your freedom!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Wow beautiful white Christmas @quilteryoyo!
  • Tramboman
    Options
    Another stunning summer day here. Another fab run. I did an 11km loop, with 5km of that along the beach on hard packed sand. Loads of families out walking and soooo many dogs (all happy and far more interested in each other than me!).

It was supposed to be an aerobic run (conversation pace) and while my pace was where it should be, my heart rate was in absorption (recovery) zone for most of it - clearly the holiday relaxation is kicking in.

When I got home, my husband had taken the children out sightseeing so I had a leisurely breakfast followed by a peaceful swim.

Kids are back and I suspect this will be my view for much of the day:
    ipcirfriz54n.jpeg

A filthy job, but someone has to do it.
  • Tramboman
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary Sounds like a great run. Enjoy your vacation. It looks like a lovely place for one.

In contrast, my exercise today was a walk in the snow with Tippy. It was beautiful and, while the temperature never got above 23°F, it didn't feel horribly cold.
    6f14mxmxufjk.jpg
    My favorite picture of the day. This pond is right over the hill from my house.

643z5esya444.jpg
    Tippy loves running and playing in the snow. The black blur running up the hill is her.

eb8g32mq3my7.jpg
    The sun shining on this tree was beautiful. The picture doesn't do it justice.

5re1jxajpr39.jpg
    Another of the pond.

I also walked down to my mom's to spend some time with her. Because the roads were too slick to drive safely - at least for me, we didn't get to go to my niece's for the family Christmas we had planned. Instead, we spent some time together working on a jigsaw puzzle, like we used to do years ago.

Few things more pretty than sunshine on freshly fallen snow
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Wow @Avidkeo ! I do believe you got a little sun. Can't imagine as cold as it is here today.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @katharmonic Those are some huge snowflakes and very pretty town. I find that I can ice skate better than I can roller skate. I never did either much and don't do them at all now...not since 1994 when I fell roller skating and broke my elbow. An outdoor rink looks like so much fun though.
  • Tramboman
    Options
    12-1 rest + yoga
    12-2 7k treadmill + resistance bands
    12-3 7k treadmill + yoga
    12-4 7k slow + resistance bands
    12-5 7k slow + yoga
    12-6 7k slow
    12-7 7k easy + resistance bands
    12-8 rest + yoga
    12-9 7k easy + resistance bands
    12-10 7k easy-ish + yoga
    12-11 7k moderate-ish + resistance bands
    12-12 5k treadmill + yoga
    12-13 7k slow
    12-14 7k slow + resistance bands
    12-15 rest + yoga
    12-16 6k slow + resistance bands
    12-17 5k treadmill + yoga
    12-18 rest + resistance bands
    12-19 7k slow + yoga
    12-20 5k treadmill
    12-21 7k easy + resistance bands
    12-22 rest + yoga
    12-23 7k slow + resistance bands
    12-24 5k treadmill + yoga
    12-25 rest
    12-26 5k treadmill + yoga

December Total: 129k
    December Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k
    April Total: 191k
    May Total: 200k
    June Total: 156k
    July Total: 180k
    August Total: 172k
    September Total: 176k
    October Total: 189k
    November Total: 180k

2020 Total through November: 1953k

LIVE total for 2020: 2082k

Cloudy, mid teens F and a couple of inches of new snow overnight. Thank goodness for the treadmill!!

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs -- Fail
    Run at least 4 5k races -- Fail
    Get a 5k PR -- Fail
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles - Completed 10-11
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020k in 2020 - Completed 12-12
    Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders -- Completed 9-29

2020 races:

9-8 to 9-13 "Virtual Boston with Vincent" Time goal 5:15:00; actual time 4:47:01
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    This morning I was apparently channeling Pastor Vincent... having not run for a week, and having spent 2 days stuffing a gazillion calories down my throat, I knew going out and running 13 miles was not the most sensible thing to do and I would have told anyone in my position not to do it. There are rumours we'll all be back in some sort of lockdown here soon though, and the last 6 days were horrible. So yes, umm, I got up at 6am to go out and do it. Not only that, I decided after stopping home half way through for a bathroom break and to refill my water bottles that as the quarantine thing destroyed my chances of reaching my 1,000 miles for the year goal, I would cheer myself up by stretching it a bit to 22km to make it my longest run ever. My legs are grumpy now but my soul is happy. I might have shed a couple of tears on my cool down walk home and dedicated my distance pr to PV, and to @quilteryoyo 's dad, and everyone else we have lost in this nightmare of a year.
    Now for some stretchy yoga and an epsom salt bath.
    Oh, and I must remember that a week off and a gazillion calories seem to work well for bonk avoidance!

Well done you! I love the channelling and he would be so proud of you. And congratulations on your longest run! Stretch stretch stretch!

And also biggest hugs, I see that UK strain has made it to France. I hope they shut it down fast.