Day 2

Made some healthy meals today. Tried meditation for the first morning in a long time :-)
Baby steps.

Replies

• SweetMelissa2021
    SweetMelissa2021 Posts: 26 Member
    You’re doin good, keep going!
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Super! On to Day 3 now. Keep going! 💪🏿

What is your meditation practice?
  • ckjohnstone2995
    ckjohnstone2995 Posts: 28 Member
    Day 3. So far so good. Healthy meals and meditation continue. My form of meditation, right now , is "tapping" with the app "the tapping solution". There are many free versions YouTube. if anyone is interested.

It's still hard to press "post". Even with the little I've shared, it's hard to be so "public" about this journey - but I'm hoping it will help me remain committed.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,388 Member
    Don’t be embarrassed. No one knows you’re here but us, and we’re all in the same boat. Unless someone is a really wierd stalker and has lots of time on their hands.

Think of us as your secret support network family!
  • ckjohnstone2995
    Day 4. Checking in on Christmas Eve...so that's good...Eating...well...I did not enter my food but I did stop myself from overeating and over drinking. My weight is stable which I will take as a win during a holiday week. I just want to make sure I keep posting. That's my main goal right now. Merry Christmas (Eve) to all who celebrate. I will post again tomorrow! Posting on a big holiday. That will be a first!
  • springlering62
    Good job. Christmas may be a cluster as well. (If anyone checked my food diary this week, they’d swear my avatar was stolen.)

Start bumping it again tomorrow, and be sure to weigh and log. As persnickety as it sounds, that is the secret to weight loss. It’s all CICO. (Calories in, versus calories out). It’s soooooo simple, yet can be quite challenging.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,462 Member
    Congrats. I started my WL journey Christmas Eve 1994. I had planned on a New Year resolution but I wasn’t sure I was going to make it until January 1.

Please accept this in the spirit of the day- keep logging no matter what. The process is more important than the numbers. Good luck.
  • ckjohnstone2995
    Day 5 Thanks for the inspiring words! Simple but challenging. Keep logging. (To paraphrase) So true!
    Well, I did not go back for seconds. I am checking in. That's about all I can say in terms of "progress" today. I plan to get back to meditating and healthy eating tomorrow.
  • ckjohnstone2995
    Day 6. I got back to meditation today. Added a bit of stretching recommended for some physical therapy on my knee. I hope it leads to more comfort with walking. I had a healthy lunch. Dinner not so much. Still feeling the effects of the holiday. Hopefully by Monday my healthy eating will be back on track full time. I am at least meeting my goal of checking in daily. :) happy Saturday night :-)
  • MaltedTea
    edited December 2020
    Love that you're checking in. A small plug for MFP groups, if you'll allow?

If you like the idea of community, accountability, etc, then there are several active groups that you may want to join.

Lemme grab a coffee (errm, and a cheesy egg white omelette with sundried tomatoes) and see if there are meditation focused ones...

Cleanse The Soul:: Meditation & Yoga Life

^^ A new member joined last month but, beyond this, I don't see much activity here. But, with perfect timing, there's a post to join the...

Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) January 2021

I'll lure tag you there. Open to all people regardless of fitness or nutrition practice, you won't regret it if you join.
  • ckjohnstone2995
    Day 7
    My morning routine continues. Had the last of the holiday leftovers (only one portion). I made sure to have healthy food in the fridge. I’m looking forward to eating healthy tomorrow.
  • ckjohnstone2995
    Day 8 - beginning week 2. Overall, I lost 1 pound in the last week. Given the holiday eating that occurred, I am actually amazed and feeling great about this accomplishment. This encourages me to continue with the same morning routine and to add in more healthy meals this week.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,057 Member
    Congratulations! I've been reading this thread the last few days! Keep going :)
  • ckjohnstone2995
    Day 9 On the plus side I am checking in and I added a bit of stretching to my morning routine. After that things went down hill. McDonald’s for lunch. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.
  • springlering62
    No. 2 pm is the same day. Don’t throw out the day because of one mistake. Eat a light soup for dinner!
  • ckjohnstone2995
    Day 10. I almost forgot to post today! Thanks for the reminder to not throw the day away because of one mistake. Things went a little better today: Meditating and stretching in the morning and healthy eating until dinner time. Part of me can't wait until the holidays are over. I need to remember over the next few days of celebratory meals to look for healthy options and keep up with as much of my new healthy routine as possible. Happy New Year's Eve, Eve!
  • ckjohnstone2995
    Day 11. So it’s here. The Eve of the new year. I haven’t had a lot of progress with weight loss but I am still glad I started toward my goal 11 days ago (rather than waiting until tomorrow). I’m starting to establish some healthy habits. I look forward to continuing on this journey in 2021.
  • springlering62
    Be sure to take photos and measurements. There’s even a place to store them within MFP under “goals”.

I didn’t take photos the first six months and I regret it. “I” couldn’t see the changes in the mirror and it wasn’t til someone began photographing me weekly that it registered in my head.

It’s like a school progress report, lol.
  • MaltedTea
    Day 11. So it’s here. The Eve of the new year. I haven’t had a lot of progress with weight loss but I am still glad I started toward my goal 11 days ago (rather than waiting until tomorrow). I’m starting to establish some healthy habits. I look forward to continuing on this journey in 2021.

Happy new year @ckjohnstone2995!
  • ckjohnstone2995
    Day 12 – January 1, 2021
    I was tempted to take a “vacation” from my morning routine because of the holiday. I decided to think of it as an indulgence instead. Sometimes during the work week I’m rushed and this morning I could take my time with my meditation and stretching and cook some really healthy meals. So, off to a good start. Thanks for the encouragement to start taking measurements and photos. I will work on that :-)