Options

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Goats are adorable arseholes. Haha

Thanks for the laughs!
    LANcskh.gif

Kinda cute little monsters aren't they? :)
    One of my wonderful former daycare families comes and picks up our used Christmas tree every year to take to somebody local for their goats. Win-win :)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Being reminded yet again that I don't fit in anywhere and no group will ever be for me. I never feel at home, I'm always wandering and eventually, I drift away because I'm treated as virtually invisible, or that I'm too old, despite the thing bringing us together existing in MY formative years, not theirs.

A recent example: I left a group revolving around a musical group we all enjoy. Not only did it become blatantly obvious that I was on the "old" side, despite the group's formation happening when I was in college +10 years ago, but that politically and intrinsically, I would probably not get along with them. They ignored me most times when I would contribute to conversation, they kept making really erroneous statements in regards to gun control/safety/DoD regulations (things I have a lot of experience with). And mentally, I'm always struggling with "imposter syndrome". Always struggling with feeling left out, with being excluded, etc. And this just made it worse.

It's such a lovely way to start 2021. :disappointed:

Know that you have the right - and mirror responsibility - to take up space, to exist, to share, to be heard, as well as seen. That cannot be taken from you and I hope you never consider relinquishing it.

ETA: but also what does the music's enjoyment have to do with military defense regulations? 😭

Nothing. They just happen to have a channel in the Discord to discuss politics and someone brought it up. I normally mute that channel as I don't want to be in a music Discord to discuss heavy topics like politics or current events going on of that nature. The channels exist to keep the general channel from getting clogged by those topics, or topics of health (questions people might have that others can help with), serious issues (talk about suicide, self-harm or just anything super heavy that a person might be going through) and few other things. Each of those topics have their own unique channel in the discord you can go through.

Really, what solidified my desire to leave was constantly being ignored when I would say something or contribute. I was just being reminded of how often that happens to me in actual life.. where I'll be having a conversation and be completely ignored for someone else more "compelling, attractive, charismatic, etc." It's like I'm just not there.

Oh my. :( You sound just like how I have felt over the years. Never have anything worthwhile to add. Pretend to be someone you're not to fit in. On and on and on
    I read something awhile back about realizing the difference between fact and what you perceive. So many times I've adjusted my thinking by telling myself whatever I was feeling wasn't based on fact. Ex., I'd be walking down the street and a group of people just chatting would start laughing. I'd automatically think it was about me; something funny looking or I was 'off' in some way. :/ I had myself so convinced. Not anymore. I get inside my head and have a talk with me. :)

Kosmos, I wish so much you weren't feeling those feelings of no self worth and low self esteem and not belonging. :( It pains me also to read those words. You're one of my favorite people here because I feel I can believe and trust everything you say. You're real and honest.
    I hope you can recapture love for yourself somehow because you deserve every bit of it!
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    the year without resolutions. Feels weird
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    Friends who try to dictate the terms to your friendship
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    CacoEther wrote: »
    Friends who try to dictate the terms to your friendship
    (slams Friendship Handbook on the table)

It's RIGHT THERE... Section 7c. Article 12: Happy New Year's Texts

You couldn't even pull your weight, Caco! Don't put this on me!!!!!!

The ONE thing I’m bad at 😩
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,038 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    I feel sad. There are so many people who want to lose a lot of weight in a short amount of time. 30lb in 3m. 52 pounds in 52 weeks. Etc.

I think it's great to have ambition, but I know how disappointing and demotivating it can be when you don't reach those goals. I try not to go into those threads because I don't want to *kitten* on their enthusiasm... But I just want to tell them to slow the roll a bit. Remember the last twenty will often take a LOT longer than the first 20. That the speed with which the weight drops is not as important as the process and steps you take to get there.

I hope people reach their goals. But I hope it's done in a healthy and sustainable way.

Maybe I need to resurrect my get rich quick thread.

Ugh. Repeat that louder for those in the back. (Me...it’s me in the back). I lost 60 lbs in about 4 months without ever trying to lose weight that quickly. Then 12 more over the course of many months. Then gained like 5.😫 This last 20-30 is probably gonna take me the rest of my life. But....I feel amazing and am having fun so whatever.

I’m on board for your get rich quick schemes. 💯

Ima be with you having fun in the back. It is time to just enjoy the ride.

Definitely! I’ve come too far to not have fun honestly. I’m 100% over negative self talk etc....let’s do this. I’ll be the guy in blue....I’ve actually had to wear something similar to that before. Holla.
    y3w17ttxc48c.gif
  • twitchandshout
    Options
    I feel sad. There are so many people who want to lose a lot of weight in a short amount of time. 30lb in 3m. 52 pounds in 52 weeks. Etc.

I think it's great to have ambition, but I know how disappointing and demotivating it can be when you don't reach those goals. I try not to go into those threads because I don't want to *kitten* on their enthusiasm... But I just want to tell them to slow the roll a bit. Remember the last twenty will often take a LOT longer than the first 20. That the speed with which the weight drops is not as important as the process and steps you take to get there.

I hope people reach their goals. But I hope it's done in a healthy and sustainable way.

Ugh. Repeat that louder for those in the back. (Me...it’s me in the back). I lost 60 lbs in about 4 months without ever trying to lose weight that quickly. Then 12 more over the course of many months. Then gained like 5.😫 This last 20-30 is probably gonna take me the rest of my life. But....I feel amazing and am having fun so whatever.

Definitely! I’ve come too far to not have fun honestly. I’m 100% over negative self talk etc....let’s do this. I’ll be the guy in blue....I’ve actually had to wear something similar to that before. Holla.
    y3w17ttxc48c.gif

😂
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,563 Member
    Options

y3w17ttxc48c.gif

😂

I could watch the guy all day.😂
  • twitchandshout
    Options

y3w17ttxc48c.gif

😂

It’s between this and the prancercize lady
  • MelG7777
    Options

y3w17ttxc48c.gif

😂

I’m thinking of starting a “Take On Me” jogging club....let me know if anyone’s interested.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tvVoY-PTf6s

• twitchandshout
    edited January 2021
    Options

y3w17ttxc48c.gif

😂

I’m thinking of starting a “Take On Me” jogging club....let me know if anyone’s interested.

I

I was not expecting that 🤣
  • MelG7777
    Options

y3w17ttxc48c.gif

😂

I

So you’re definitely in then? I want to be the first guy SO bad. But I can almost guarantee I’m the lame *kitten* second guy. 🙄
  • twitchandshout
    Options

y3w17ttxc48c.gif

😂

I

So you’re definitely in then? I want to be the first guy SO bad. But I can almost guarantee I’m the lame *kitten* second guy. 🙄

I’m going to have to insist on wearing the socks myself
  • MelG7777
    Options

y3w17ttxc48c.gif

😂

I

I will hand make the tie dye shirts.
  • twitchandshout
    edited January 2021
    Options

y3w17ttxc48c.gif

😂

I

I will hand make the tie dye shirts.

Well, I shouldn’t hope so!

Edit: I don’t know how to do that cross out thing so that should’ve read
    Well, I SHOULD hope so!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options

y3w17ttxc48c.gif

Rolling ROFL's

tenor.gif