WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2021

Options

Replies

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    3 things grateful for today
    -Lovely long walk and tea outside with S: friendship, company, and lots of healthy exercise and fresh air
    -Plenty of healthy food choices
    -Home relatively quite tidy and pleasant

3 things accomplished today
    -Got plenty of sunlight (relatively speaking), starting early in the day (to get self back in rhythm or sleeping better at night and being up and active during all of (very few) daylight hours.
    -Prepared a big healthy very simple veggie soup
    -Saw sunrise (late over buildings, but that's what's on offer). Was on park bench writing for a few minutes till sun was visible above 6 story or so buildings, at past 10. :D

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbara: Our weather closely matches yours. It is raining and 46 degrees Fahrenheit. I suspect today’s exercise will be riding my tryke in the garage. It does an excellent job of burning calories and giving me an aerobic workout. :star:

Heather: I hope you will enjoy your Fruitful year. :flowerforyou:

Lisa: “No” is often thought of as negative, but in fact, it is powerful. I hope this is a good year for you and you are able to say “no” to the things that are not good for your health and happiness. :star: I hope to do the same.

(((Allie:))) I hope your nerve endings settle down so that you can rest. :heart:

Karen: Your team of people poking into 2021 is funny. I appreciate their caution, but the bottom line is that we really can’t avoid the open door forever. I hope some good things come through it for all of us. :smiley:

Machka: Enjoy your beautiful day! :smiley:

Pip: Lovely photo! You look beautiful. :heart:

It is the day for us to start taking down Christmas decorations. They didn’t get set up on one day, and it will likely take more than a day to put them all away.

Katla in misty NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    I took down my cards and a few battery powered lights today. Plus packed away my huge baubles. The cleaner was coming, so I wanted a clean sweep. I left up the mains string lights on the mantlepiece. I love them. :D I didn’t decorate this year for Christmas, just a bit of winter cheer.
    I will be getting my artificial snowdrops and helibores out of the garage tomorrow. Spring is on its way! We have bulbs shooting up in the front garden. Some already have buds. :p Sainsburys will soon have bunches of daffodils for sale!

Spiral starts tonight, a French detective series. Engrenages in French. It's the last series ever. :'( I hate surprises, so I researched the plot, and the ending, to see if I can bear to watch. It started in France in September, so I could easily find out.
    I will miss them all. They are a great source of slang expressions.

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Options
    It is a rainy Oregon morning. I plan to start putting the Christmas decorations away. I will start with the ornaments on the tree so that we can put it in the garage to transition back outdoors. Luckily, the outside temperatures are not freezing so that should be a relatively easy transition for the tree. I already put up our 2021 calendar. 😊
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    I've read the Minimalists books and heard a lot of podcasts. I would love to be a hard-core minimalist, but it ain't going to happen while I'm living with DH. He likes a certain amount of cosy. :D<3

Had a Waitrose delivery today. Lots of items unavailable or substituted because of all the hold ups at the ports this Christmas. Most were fine, or better, for the same price, but I sent a couple back. I always feel mighty relieved when I've managed to stow it all away! My veg box in the fridge is stuffed. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Janet

You are amazing! :)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Good job Janet!
    Happy birthday Debby!

I went for a short walk today because the weather is so nice for January. My legs still hurt by the end. So my marching in place is doing some good but not as much work as walking apparently. That or my Christmas break was overlong. Anyhow, I got moving which is always good. And I got out of the house which is good, too. I'm so proud of my little walk!

I am five foot four inches and maintaining at 172 pounds. I would like to be closer to 142. I need to quit the cookies and candy entirely since small portions are too tough, and find a way to lose steadily every week. More calories out, and fewer calories in!

I'm a little disappointed in my dumbbell routine. I do about seventy five minutes of exercises, three times a week, steady enough to get my heart rate up, but it doesn't seem to be enough. I miss my treadmill which is in storage in VA.

All I can do is keep trying.

Annie in Delaware
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Janet

You are amazing! :)

Thank you, not amazing, but ever so grateful for a second chance.

Janetr OKC
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Janet, you are such an inspiration! You just ooze happiness and confidence in your recent pic.💖👍
    Hugs, Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 18min 4sec, 3.58ap, 95ahr, 161mhr, 4.66mi= 435c
    Strava app = 565c
    Zwift bike trainer- 47.10min, 591elev, 19.1amph, 141ahr, 158mhr, 15mi= 459c
    Strava app = 429c

Total cal 894
  • Katla49
    Options
    Today I took the ornaments off of our tree and put them away in their boxes. The tree is back in its place in the yard. The weather is cool and rainy & I think this will help the tree’s transition to outdoors. I have MANY boxes of ornaments to haul up into the garage attic. 😊
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Barbara: Our weather closely matches yours. It is raining and 46 degrees Fahrenheit. I suspect today’s exercise will be riding my tryke in the garage. It does an excellent job of burning calories and giving me an aerobic workout. :star:

Heather: I hope you will enjoy your Fruitful year. :flowerforyou:

Lisa: “No” is often thought of as negative, but in fact, it is powerful. I hope this is a good year for you and you are able to say “no” to the things that are not good for your health and happiness. :star: I hope to do the same.

(((Allie:))) I hope your nerve endings settle down so that you can rest. :heart:

Karen: Your team of people poking into 2021 is funny. I appreciate their caution, but the bottom line is that we really can’t avoid the open door forever. I hope some good things come through it for all of us. :smiley:

Machka: Enjoy your beautiful day! :smiley:

Pip: Lovely photo! You look beautiful. :heart:

It is the day for us to start taking down Christmas decorations. They didn’t get set up on one day, and it will likely take more than a day to put them all away.

Katla in misty NW Oregon

U r too sweet. Thanks 😊

Weighed myself, started the new year still under my goal weight....
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Janet, you are such an inspiration! You just ooze happiness and confidence in your recent pic.💖👍
    Hugs, Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

Thank you, Rebecca. One of my good friends always calls me Sassy. !ol

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Karen in VA. Help, please tell me again how to put things in a Spoiler so everyone doesn't have to see these gigantic images and Thank You.

Janetr OKC