The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• crenmckin
    crenmckin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Did anyone else click this group with a frowny face? It's not possible that we are really middle age is it? I mean, I can bust a move with the best of them and I'm totally rad at parties. πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

Hi! πŸ™‹πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ I'm desperate to maintain mobility and stay healthy. I've got my RA under control and I'm ready to take on the world. (FYI 2021, respectfully, that is not a challenge!) I'm happy to have motivation buddies. This whole thing is a lot more fun when we cheer each other on.
  • crenmckin
    crenmckin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Gooood mornin middle -agers :)

So, what's a goal you've set for this year?
    Me.. less processed food and more vegetables and fruit.

To not feel my age! Move more, stay active, and do more of what I enjoy!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    LGS_RFS wrote: Β»

Physically: Recomp and get back into running. Been lacking in the cardio department for over a year.

Mental: change my mindset, try to be a little more positive, and not be as harsh on myself when it comes to things I cannot. Really, just a lot of self improvement overall in this department.

Those are some great goals. πŸ™‚ mentally 2020 did a number on a lot of us. But its a new year with lots of possibilities ahead. Here's to self improvement in 2021 πŸ‘
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

To not feel my age! Move more, stay active, and do more of what I enjoy!

Also good goals πŸ™‚ I've decided to feel about 35 this year πŸ˜†
  • Frodobaggins29
    Frodobaggins29 Posts: 70 Member
    Options

Oh jeezus πŸ™„ god help anyone in range of your smelly erse πŸ’¨ it’s bad enough as it is!

😜

My goals have been set for me this year, my goal is to do as I’m told 😏
  • LGS_RFS
    LGS_RFS Posts: 78 Member
    Options

Physically: Recomp and get back into running. Been lacking in the cardio department for over a year.

Mental: change my mindset, try to be a little more positive, and not be as harsh on myself when it comes to things I cannot. Really, just a lot of self improvement overall in this department.

Those are some great goals. πŸ™‚ mentally 2020 did a number on a lot of us. But its a new year with lots of possibilities ahead. Here's to self improvement in 2021 πŸ‘

2020 really did. Was fine all the way until end of July, started really working on things then just before October got a bomb drop. Lucky enough I had some support and my son to help keep me focused and not doing anything stupid. Next couple months will still be hard with issues and adjustments, just need to remain positive through it all.
  • slimgirljo15
    edited January 2021
    Options

Oh jeezus πŸ™„ god help anyone in range of your smelly erse πŸ’¨ it’s bad enough as it is!

😜

My goals have been set for me this year, my goal is to do as I’m told 😏

Excuse me.. 😲
    bwe61wpdlv8z.jpg

Excellent goal.. you SO has their work cut out though πŸ˜†

Sorry guys.. Moijo started it .. I just had to 😬
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

2020 really did. Was fine all the way until end of July, started really working on things then just before October got a bomb drop. Lucky enough I had some support and my son to help keep me focused and not doing anything stupid. Next couple months will still be hard with issues and adjustments, just need to remain positive through it all.

Thats great you have some support in your time of great need. I hope the next couple of months aren't too tough for you and the hard times behind you quickly πŸ™‚
  • LGS_RFS
    LGS_RFS Posts: 78 Member
    Options

Thats great you have some support in your time of great need. I hope the next couple of months aren't too tough for you and the hard times behind you quickly πŸ™‚

Thank you. Once this is all over, I just plan on trying to travel overseas again as long as they allow US citizens in. Probably Australia and New Zealand. If not it’ll be Korea, Philippines and Thailand.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

Thank you. Once this is all over, I just plan on trying to travel overseas again as long as they allow US citizens in. Probably Australia and New Zealand. If not it’ll be Korea, Philippines and Thailand.

Im in Australia.. yeah, travel to here would start with 14 days quarantine, I don't know NZ regulations. But hopefully it won't be too long before you can travel πŸ™‚
  • matt_step
    matt_step Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I’ve been using MFP for sometime but have never ventured into the forum. 36, Aussie, male, looking (continuously) to recomp. I have a terrible habit of getting into ok shape then gaining all the weight back again :s
    I workout at home, and put together my own eating plans (hate that β€˜diet’ word, so eating plan it is). Looking forward to going through this thread in detail. Please feel free to send along a friend request so I can follow along with some likeminded people!
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Any 40-50 somethings partake in yoga? My hamstrings are so tight I'm checking them for rust!

I'm beating down 50's door. If I don't stretch/yoga, this old body won't work.

The struggle is real! *creak*
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Hey, 40 here, thinking I *may* have posted in here when I was previously active in the forums a couple of years ago, but not entirely sure. Got myself back on track a couple of weeks ago and remembered how much I liked the accountability of actually interacting with people here. Glad to add new friends and hope to try to keep up with this group, too.
  • Pencil_legs
    Pencil_legs Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Just found this group, wanted to say hey!! 44 here, looking to get back into hiking shape. I'd like to take on some backwoods overnights.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I am recommitting to getting back in shape. Lockdown has led to some bad habits and I need to find my way again
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options

I have my yearly physical on Thursday. For my entire life, I've always said that I'm feeling fine (physically and mentally) and just let the doctor do her thing. My goal for Thursday is to be completely honest with everything that's been going on and come up with an action plan to address the physical side (lingering leg pain/numbness, higher blood pressure than I prefer, sleep issues) as well as the mental side (anxiety with highlights of depression) to get myself back to a happy place.