WHAT GOES THROUGH YOUR MIND????

I need help pushing myself when I workout! "WHAT GOES THROUGH YOUR MIND WHEN YOU ARE WORKING OUT AND THE BURN IS INTENSE AND THE SWEAT IS IN RAIN MODE AND YOUR BREATHS ARE GETTING SHORTER?????? HOW DO YOU KEEP GOING????

Replies

• I watch TV. I have a TV right in front of my treadmill.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    "ow.. ow.. ow.. ow.."
  • Just remind yourself why you are doing this. Tell yourself that you are not going to quit. Losing weight and getting healthy is important.
    You can do it!
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    I bought a heart rate monitor to help me with that push. I don't like going below 145 so if I see it starting to drop then I pick it up. It hurts, and goodness knows I hate to get sweaty but when I'm all finished then it's a kick *kitten* feeling to know that I did all of that!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    in all reality in my head I am saying come on just a little longer, push it , push it. ah shhh push it......ok kidding on the last part stole that from salt-n-peppa
  • I breath in deeply and imagine the hot chick I'm going to turn into. It helps. A lot.
  • in all reality in my head I am saying come on just a little longer, push it , push it. ah shhh push it......ok kidding on the last part stole that from salt-n-peppa

Dun du du du dun dun dunanana
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    I usually have some jumpin music that keeps me going. . . or a visual picture of what I want to look like locked in my mind. . I have been known to put the weight that I desire on my wrist and look at it when I am pushing through a workout. .

My boxing instructor always said when you are out of breathe it is actually better to keep going and not stop if you can push through it as it increases your endurance. .

It is actually more difficult if you stop and try to restart. . I was running 2 miles at a time and doing circuit training. . Hope this helps. .

And personally I pray. . if I am feeling I can go no further. Your breathing is very important as well. . focus on it in any exercise. .
  • kasrentz
    kasrentz Posts: 16 Member
    I tell myself that "I can do this" and I keep moving no matter how slow. Slow motion is better than no motion. Eventually my body reaches a point where I can start moving faster again and I don't feel the pain quite as intensely.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    I think of where I am vs. where I want to be.

:glasses:
  • anhancock10
    anhancock10 Posts: 148 Member
    Well at my gym they have t.v's but i cant seem to concentrate on them lol Luckily my gym is next to a walmart so i watch all the hilarious people go in & out and when im about to die on the treadmill i look at the numbers and say to myself im gonna go til i get to 150 then when i get to 150 i say i can go up to 160 ....i just keep telling myself i can go up burn an even number & the next time i look down its usually an uneven number so i tell myself to go to the next even number ...works pretty well for me:)
  • prissymissliss
    prissymissliss Posts: 17 Member
    I rely heavily on a kick-*kitten* playlist to get me through my cardio sessions. Rock and Pop mostly.
  • janetb21
    janetb21 Posts: 182 Member
    I count to 4 over and over and over. For some reason it helps me.
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    I watch TV. I have a TV right in front of my treadmill.

Me too. Only way for me is to be distracted. Right now, it's by Jennifer Garner, as I watch re-runs of Alias.
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    I do Ripped in 30 and its rally hard work but I keep going thinking about the end result, how hot I will look when Ive lost all that weight, how bad I feel about beeing overweight, that I dont want to look like this and that loosing weight comes with a lot of hard work and I just need to prove to myself and the universe that I have what it takes to be rewarded with a superfab body!
    And when it comes to different moves I ususally just challenge myself to do another five, and then five more, and then five more and oh, what do you know, Jillian has already moved on to the next move, and then when the second set of the same move comes i remind myself that i only need to do antoher ten of this move today and then im freeeee at last.
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    I really have to push through to get myself up this ridiculously steep hill when I go on my runs. I first ask myself why the hell I keep going up it because it really sucks. I then tell myself it will be way worth it, just wait till this becomes easy.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    All kidding aside, I spell the word PAIN over and over again. My mom has some very serious health issue which was made worse by inactivitiy and she is a pain most of the time. I just think about the pain I will experience if I don't kept moving.
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    I count to 4 over and over and over. For some reason it helps me.

I do that, to helps me keep rhythm and thus no slowing down

If i'm really struggling I just think about what this burn, sweat and discomfort will help me achieve.
  • No pain, No gain!
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    I'm like a few of the other people. I just keep telling myself one more .. ok one more .. ok one more .. until finally the move I'm on is over and suddenly I realize that I did the entire exercise without missing any of it.