5'9 Ladies whats your goal weight?

1161718192022»

Replies

• CRSlacker
    CRSlacker Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 5'9" and aiming for 140, starting at 183. I've hovered around 160 for the last decade or so but the last few years of office work (I was lighter back when I was a confectioner, believe it or not...) have crept up on me. I'm sure we'll all get there in the end! :)

• athompsonfl
    athompsonfl Posts: 1 Member
    Blaahhh...can I 5 10er sneak in??? Lost 5lbs so now at 205. Goal weight is 170. Doing it slowly with lifestyle change. Patience will win... :)
  • Amanda4414
    Amanda4414 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm closer to 5'10", age 33. I hit 156 in March and realized I was 20 pounds heavier than before I got married/had kids... and mostly fat weight. I signed up for Optavia, and lost nearly 20 pounds. I'd rather not be 135 if I could be closer to 140 with 20% fat and more muscle tone, that's my ideal.
    Anyway, you could totally do it by watchin your macros and eating every 2 hours and getting enough water. The first week with low carb is a B*tch, but then it gets better after you aren't relying on carbs for energy.
  • ItsAStrangeLoop
    ItsAStrangeLoop Posts: 14 Member
    I think it may have been water weight but today I hit 151 all of a sudden, so 3 pounds to go! (Which is very weird because last weekend was completely off track)
    I decided to get back to weight training, and not rely only on yoga, which means that I am constantly starving so I reset my calorie goal. I don't know, I think I am getting a bit tired of the calorie deficit cycle and I will switch to maintenance slowly but surely (cue constant fear that as soon as I do that I will put on the weight for the fourth time).
  • DeshotelK
    DeshotelK Posts: 183 Member
    5' 9", age 41. I was at my goal a few years ago, 160 lbs and very active and fit. Then I started having lower disc issues in my back. That slowed me down a lot. Then knee surgery slowed me down even more. Started trying to get back on track and broke my foot two years ago. Add in meds that increase my appetite. And here I am at 211 lbs, which is more than I weighed pregnant for either of my kids. My current goal is to get under 200. My goals after that are every 10 lbs or until I'm comfortable with myself again. Ultimately between 150-165.
  • akrnrunner
    akrnrunner Posts: 117 Member
    My goal is 160. I am currently 240. Anymore then that and I start to look gaunt. I think my body is very comfortable at 170 (although it has been awhile since I have been there). I would be fine with 170 with muscle and toning, so I feel 160 offers a little wiggle room.
  • ZhivagosGirl
    ZhivagosGirl Posts: 161 Member
    I'm 5'10" (now) - I've discovered I'm shrinking, used to be 5'11"... Anyway - now that I'm in my 50s I just want to get to onederland and I'll be thrilled. Well, starting at over 300 lbs it's going to be quite a chore. I started this month at 324.1 and was 317.5 this morning. So here's to 199!
  • nmccaffrey3
    nmccaffrey3 Posts: 4 Member
    Goal weight of 150. Thinnest I have been as an adult was 142. I am 51 now so that might be tough and maybe unhealthy to achieve. Have 15 pounds to go. Profile pic was of me at 150.
  • tammyhuk1
    tammyhuk1 Posts: 0 Member
    I used to be 5'9" but as I've gotten older (I'm 59 now) I've shrunk a little bit so now I'm 5'8.5". I have a very muscular body type and my body likes to be at around 165. I'm going to try to get down to 160 just to see what it looks like but I find that when I drop below 165 I start to look gaunt. My body fat percentage is just 18% so muscle certainly does weigh more than fat! I see some ladies posting that they are aiming for 140 lbs. and I'm like...wow, that is way too low for our height!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!