The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    Gooood mornin middle -agers :)

So, what's a goal you've set for this year?
    Me.. less processed food and more vegetables and fruit.

I have a big birthday in May. I'm going to be ready for it.

You're turning 40? ;)
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

I have my yearly physical on Thursday. For my entire life, I've always said that I'm feeling fine (physically and mentally) and just let the doctor do her thing. My goal for Thursday is to be completely honest with everything that's been going on and come up with an action plan to address the physical side (lingering leg pain/numbness, higher blood pressure than I prefer, sleep issues) as well as the mental side (anxiety with highlights of depression) to get myself back to a happy place.

That is great.. Being honest with your Dr and getting help with your mental and physical problems is a good start to better understanding them and hopefully fixing them. Big goals for 2021.. I wish you success.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    moya_bleh wrote: »

Morning (or evening in your case!) Jo.
    My goal is to shake off the rust. No more covid comfort eating or depression hibernating. My goal is to get back to the shape I was in my profile pic in 2016 😊

You did it before.. you can do it again 💪 I know you can
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hey all...my goal is to follow through on my dry January (ok I'm starting today, but 4 weeks is still good, right? ) And to take my vitamins and start stretching more and remember what a barbell feels like
  • ColtRocker
    ColtRocker Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    50 M, lost 32 lbs a few years ago, wrestled in the USMC alumni duals. Put back on 40 lbs since. Now I'm back to the healthy lifestyle again. Except I Jeep a lot now.
  • taglazar1
    taglazar1 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • taglazar1
    Options
    ColtRocker wrote: »
    50 M, lost 32 lbs a few years ago, wrestled in the USMC alumni duals. Put back on 40 lbs since. Now I'm back to the healthy lifestyle again. Except I Jeep a lot now.

Sooo you are possibly in that tier of human being I consider bad *kitten*. 1. Thank you for your service
    2. How did you place?
  • ColtRocker
    ColtRocker Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    taglazar1 wrote: »

Sooo you are possibly in that tier of human being I consider bad *kitten*. 1. Thank you for your service
    2. How did you place?

I lost by 5 points, worst *kitten* wooping I ever took.
  • taglazar1
    Options
    taglazar1 wrote: »

2. How did you place?

I lost by 5 points, worst *kitten* wooping I ever took.
    I had a few of those a long time ago
  • N0easyway0ut
    N0easyway0ut Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Back on here after a few stop starts! Lockdown will not get to me this time! feel free to add me anytime.
  • mikedee_nyc
    mikedee_nyc Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be consistent with my workouts(had a good December) and really stick to logging my food.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    Good morning Middle-agers
    Well, looks like you all have kicking goals in mind this year. 👏 here's to success for each of us.
    I've been going gangbusters although its only 3 days.. Im on day 4 morning.. each day I've logged honestly. Im really motivated to be the healthiest I can be this year.
  • Frodobaggins29
    Frodobaggins29 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Well, looks like you all have kicking goals in mind this year. 👏 here's to success for each of us.
    I've been going gangbusters although its only 3 days.. Im on day 4 morning.. each day I've logged honestly. Im really motivated to be the healthiest I can be this year.

Well done missus 👏🏻 👏🏻

My goal this year is to be looking like a body builder by summer 💪🏻 😜
  • RoseyandReady
    RoseyandReady Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    skctilidie wrote: »
    When I re-committed to myself on 12/17, I set a (pretty easily attainable) goal of 8 pounds off by 1/31. More than halfway there, and my big goal for the year is to keep setting goals I know I can reach every month instead of letting myself get overwhelmed by the big picture of "I can't believe I slacked enough to let myself gain back 25 pounds when I still had 20-30 I wanted to lose." Looking at the big picture tends to make me think I can't do it, but I know that I can - I'd love to prove it to myself and be within 10 pounds or so of my long-term goal by next New Years.

I have the same kind of mind set. First goal is the get into the 150s... I need to break out of the 160s...I'm at 166. My goal is to be there by the end of February. After that I will make a new goal for the next 10 pounds. I joined a lot of groups and challenges this year and added friends to MFP....I haven't done a lot of that before...but it's time to make some changes 😊 Good luck wiry your goals!
  • wmk113
    wmk113 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, just joined. 41 years old from Berks County, Pennsylvania
  • DTigger60
    DTigger60 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Happy New year everyone
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    moijo2013 wrote: »

Well done missus 👏🏻 👏🏻

My goal this year is to be looking like a body builder by summer 💪🏻 😜

Thanks 🙂

When is your summer Jo?
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    DTigger60 wrote: »
    Happy New year everyone

And to you too!
  • Ryan_Jacob40
    Ryan_Jacob40 Posts: 30 Member