Replies

• teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    JFT - Monday Jan 4
    Scale 199.4
    1L of water - :)
    Log all food - :)

JFT - Tuesday Jan 5
    Scale 198.2 (This is what happens when I drink water)
    1L of water
    Log all food

@littleblackskirt - Strength is a good word. I am like you, I've lost weight several times and then gain it back. The logging isn't a hassle to me its the meal prep and saying No to fast food. I really dislike cooking and I'm tired of having to make the decision for what food all the time.

@pridesabtch - I hope your daughter heals quickly, that is painful. Sierra is beautiful and I would be wanting to shout that to the rooftops too! Congratulations to her.

@bex953172 - Do you have to homeschool or do they have online learning? My Grandson in the Spring had to do homeschooling and that did not work well at all with him. In September they were given the choice of online school or regular and they chose online. It is completely different than the homeschooling, he logs into a classroom each morning with 20+ other students and a teacher. My daughter just has to make sure he is logged on and not having any tech issues. He is actually doing really well with it academically, he misses his friends though and recess, etc. I bet you "counting ducks at the park", helping you bake or cook, whatever you do with them sticks more than school anyway. What do you remember about elementary school? I don't remember learning, I remember the teachers and friends I made. I remember learning about measurements from helping Dad hold the tape measure and my Grandmother bake.

@teigansdad - The reasons you mentioned are the reasons my daughter and her husband chose to keep my Grandson doing online learning. I agree that this has changed us all and I'm worried about the children. My Granddaughter (she turned 5 on Sunday) was shy but still willing to try new things, she loved having some independence from her Mom going to preschool. Now she cries and screams every time her Mother leaves the room. When this started she was peeing herself and hadn't for 2 years. It's changed her personality for sure.

@damselfly7981 - I'm curious about "watering dead plants" too, I assume you mean quit putting energy into something that isn't going to work, but would love to know what you mean.

@aerochic42 - I hear you about money. It's so hard to come by sometimes.

@sarah74_vt - nice to see you back

Well I am at work and should get on with the day. Yesterday our system was down all day and I can't do a lot without it, so I'm hoping it's up and running today.

Have a great day everyone.

Wow that’s rough about your granddaughter...
    When Teigan was in second grade we had to bring her to a child councilor because she was having so much anxiety from a psycho teacher

We ended up going back to her this year starting around June. It’s helped some.

I suspect there will be a lot of that kinda stuff as things get back to normal and we start to assess the additional damage that had occurred

Prayers your way. The good thing is I believe kids bounce back pretty quick if in loving and stable environment
    -pete
  • teigansdad
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    teigansdad wrote: »
    So I don't have to send the kids to school today.
    The school decided to close before No. 10 even announced a national lockdown. I'm glad because of the safety concerns but I'm not gonna lie, I hate home learning.
    I find it hard because they're all different ages and Casey is very distracting. Like, very. But I'll give it my best go again as I'm pretty worried about the amount they've missed through the lockdowns but also mine missed 8 weeks of school when I was between houses. But I'm no teacher, I'm pretty good at maths and English but I don't know how to explain it to a child in a way that makes sense to them.

Goals for Tues
    - 4 cups of water
    - fruit only for snacks.
    - Log log log.
    - Prep some homelearning?

Glad to here about the school staying remote... are you working from home too? How old are your kiddos? My daughter Teigan has been remote since either March or April (can’t remember) . Academically she’s actually done well. She’s super driven. Luckily socially there are two other girls her age in neighborhood and our best friends (we’ve all kinda stayed a “pod”) so I think she’s done as good as could hope for.
    My wife Sara Is a SLP in the schools. They have had k-2 I think going back since January

Scary because the school system is less than honest about potential exposures and keep changing the goal post as to what they will accept as risk.

Not so worried about the kids.. but what about their grandparents, parents and teachers? We all know there are parents who will send their kid to school loaded up with Tylenol to mask a fever. I guess we will see over the next month.

Anyway hope you all are staying healthy.
    Pete

No I don't work so I guess I have it easier than most parents. My girls are 6, 4 and 2. I notice the lack of education mostly in my 4 year old because she's not made much headway in here reading. Good job I got her looooads of books for Christmas. I just don't know how to teach kids that age. Because some of the maths stuff I just *know* but I don't know how to explain it.

Like for example my 6 year old was doing units, tens, 100s. And it's so simple but I just couldn't explain it at all lmao.
    What I didn't like is that the nursery asked my 2 year old to get a test when she got a high temp in nursery.

I didn't, I just kept her off for 2 weeks. I don't know how they expect a 2 year old to have a cotton swab stuck up their nose!

Im glad your daughter is doing well still!
    I worry about mine because its all early years learning and I really hope they learn enough because I worry how it will affect them in later life too!

Wow! You’ve got a really tough age groups to work with...
    my wife is SLP, minored in early childhood education and works in school so we really were blessed. I don’t envy your challenge that’s for sure. If I were in charge of math teaching my daughter would be up a creek 🤪
  • teigansdad
    @klanders30 Welcome to the group!

@Bex953172 I don't envy you for having to homeschool. I know it's the safest thing and we do what we have to do, but I always found it incredibly difficult to teach my own children when they were very young. I just didn't have the patience. Best of luck to you and the kiddos during this time.

Vanessa is feeling better today.

Good news about my older daughter, Sierra. She got a rowing scholarship at the university she really wanted to attend. With the rowing scholarship and the academic scholarships, it is comparable to going in state. She is also up for a 4 year full tuition scholarship which will stack with the athletic scholarship. This would mean tuition and room and board would be covered! They have a brilliant nursing school with all of the latest technology, a 95% first-time pass rate for the NCLEX and partner with some of the best hospitals in Pittsburgh. It is technically a dead period for NCAA DI schools, so she can't sign but has a verbal commitment. Anyway, she won't let me tell many people in the RW, and I'm over the moon excited for her so I'm sharing here.
    8lo1sk7531lq.jpg

Goals JFT Tuesday
    - Weigh in, OMG that was awful! I had no idea I'd gained that much weight. Well Ok, I did, but I was trying to deny it. But I did weigh in so :smiley:
    - Work by 8:00 :( more like 8:30
    - Protein shake for breakfast :smiley:
    - One soda during the day, then water
    - Healthy lunch made up from random healthy snacks I have in the office, didn't pack a lunch.
    - 30 minutes of exercise
    - 1 self care act
    - think we're having crab legs for dinner. If I skip the butter, that comes in low on cals!
    - Do bible reading
    - Max 1 healthy snack after dinner, if I'm hungry. I've found that saying I can't have one leaves me wanting, but allowing for one makes it easier.
    - Bed after the news.

I’m so excited for you guys! From what you’ve shared you have really supported her and she’s super motivated and hard working. I know you and your hubby must me on cloud nine!

Wooohooo!
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    [Good day on Tuesday

For Tuesday

- I'm grateful for a co worker. I left 17 years at a large organization where I had a significant network and three close allies I trusted completely. Moved to a smaller organization to finish out my career and was fortunate to find a kindred spirit who has the same large company background and desire to make this the last run. Good sounding board and an outlet to vent when needed. Good friend.
    - 1900 calories: 1894 Chose not to go over with another Hershey Kiss
    - Eat between 8 and 6: Done
    - Work out for 60 minutes:75 minutes including a 37 minute, 1.44 mile treadmill walk. Getting better on the treadmill
    - Eat dinner at the table: Done
    - Work on Excel for 15 minutes: None
    - Read at night versus scrolling news feeds: Continuing improvement

For Wednesday

- I'm grateful for another individual, a direct report. This gentlemen and I share a passion for self improvement resources. He turned me on to a Mathew McConaughey commencement speech at the University of Texas at Austin. Always thought of McConaughey as a flake but his message that each individual is accountable for their direction was solid. The big benefit to me was the start down the rabbit hole of YouTube resources.
    - 1900 calories:
    - Each between 8 and 6:
    - Eat dinner at the table:
    - Work on Excel for 5 minutes:
    - Read at night versus scrolling news feeds:
    -

• aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 819 Member
    aerochic42 wrote: »
    aerochic42 wrote: »
    January goals:
    -Weekly weighin
    - weekly measurements
    - 8k+ steps a day.
    - log regularly
    - brush before bed

Overall not too bad yesterday

JFT Tuesday:
    - Log food - breakfast only so meh
    - 8000 steps - 9533 :)
    - at least 5 rounds of Journey workout https://darebee.com/workouts/journey-workout.html - only did 3
    - mend fitted sheet (again). When there is some money I need to get new sheets. The fitted sheets are all wearing out. Nope forgot because I really needed to go shopping

JFT Wednesday:
    - Log food
    - 8000 steps
    - since I only did 3 rounds of that workout yesterday, let's try again for 5
    - brush before bed
    - mend the sheet
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,468 Member
    Reading through posts since yesterday, I just love how people on JFT are so supportive of each other. In these days of isolation & online trolling, you really help make my day. Virtual hugs to everyone! <3

Recap 1/5 T ~ rest day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors) :) 13/14 & 10.6k
    2) Prelog meals & snacks / net cals zero / 14c water / NO evening snacking! >:)>:)>:) high sodium for days plus eating up Christmas/New Year's treats still in house = net calories RED. ACK!!! Bright spot 13c water :)
    3) Work in office: AJNH / keep up with emails / print CPE, PTO logs = 3/3
    4) Read Advent/Epiphany booklet / prep lunch, snacks, water bottle & overnight oats / thank you card / prep derm bill / prep citrus sale order / one other chore = 6/6
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 6:00 alarm (treadmill before work W) = 1/5 :(

JFT 1/6 W ~ interrupted sleep & skipped treadmill before work :s
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors)
    2) Prelog meals & snacks / net cals zero / 14c water / NO evening snacking!
    3) Work in conference room: AJNH / keep up with emails / lug stuff home for rest of week
    4) Drop mail at Post Office / read Advent/Epiphany booklet / 7:00 church for Epiphany service / Calm or Fitbit meditation / one chore
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / 7:00 alarm (treadmill before work from home)

With my eating since holidays, can feel my work pants (with no give) tighten uncomfortably. A wake up call if ever there was one!

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year!
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and continuing to log / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,294 Member
    JFT Wed

- Weigh in, down a pound 😄
    - Shower & do hair & makeup
    - Take youngest to Charleston to see a hematologist- nothing serious.
    - Try to be supportive and calm as she drives us there. Learners permit & first time on the interstate. Good grant us safety & serenity!
    - brunch in Ripley. Make good choices.
    - exercise 30 min
    - Read Bible
    - Bed after news.

Have a great day y’all!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member

TUESDAY:
    1. Do two mini-workouts (30 minutes total) :)
    2. At least 8C water :)
    3. Try out meditation/mindfulness program on Netflix :(
    4. Get at least 6 hours sleep. Don't stay up all night listening to friend doing online salsa DJing! :neutral: eh...was done by 10:30...somehow salsa is not conducive to sleep, but I love the community and connection.

I also deep-cleaned my fridge...a least-favorite task!

WEDNESDAY:
    1. Do two mini-workouts
    2. At least 8C water
    3. Start meditation/mindfulness program
    4. Go to next town over to pick up grocery order
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    I have lots of thoughts about the historical implications of the pandemic...maybe I will find time to write about it later.

I think that this experience can teach all of us a lot about resilience. For those of you with kids, you are modelling that and showing them that they can get through hard things and be OK. That's a valuable lesson in and of itself.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,719 Member
    JFT - Tuesday Jan 5
    Scale 198.2
    1L of water - :)
    Log all food - :)

JFT - Wednesday Jan 6
    Scale 198.6
    1L of water
    Log all food

I don't have a lot of time to respond to everyone today, I'll try again tomorrow.

My friend wrote this song that sums up most of the worlds feelings on Covid. It's on FB so I hope that you can open it. It does use the F word quite frequently though so fair warning.

https://www.facebook.com/sheldon.dunbar.98/videos/3699206670118328

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,185 Member
    edited January 2021
    I am having the hardest time finding my posts!! I THOUGHT I posted last nite or yesterday ... cant find it!

But I do love how active this group is! I know we are all going to do great this year. Success brings success.

SO posting goals for today,
    wednesday, Jan 6
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on 8+ water
    3. brush teeth at 9pm ... no more snacking. Choose only 1 snack
    4. monitor emotional eating .... wait 10 minutes
    5. do milk jug winter sowing before it gets cold out.
    6. finish quilt
    7. read 1 chapter beck diet solution
    8. read 1 chapter simple abundance

This pandemic is so hard for so many. I feel for young parents who not only have to figure out how to work and home school at the same time, but helping to keep our kids feel safe. For the medical profession and nurses .. we owe so much to all of you. For the people in isolation and those losing their business. I am 70, and never thought in my lifetime we would see something like this.

Luv you all ... 2021 is going to be a much better year, and we will all be stronger because of this.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    JFY 1/5/2021
    1) Go for a walk :)
    2) Stay within my calories :s (Too much snacking!!!)
    3) Take my vitamins :/
    4) Drink 64 oz water :/
    5) Fast until noon :)
    6) Stop eating at 8pm :/ (Completely forgot about this...I was too busy snacking. LOLOL)

JFT 1/6/2021
    1) Go for a walk
    2) Stay within my calories
    3) Take my vitamins
    4) Drink 64 oz water
    5) Fast until noon
    6) Stop eating at 8pm
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,057 Member

Wednesday
    - 4 cups of water✔️
    - Log ALL food.✔️
    - Take meds ✔️

I don't believe it, I've had a full day of food, breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack. And I feel pretty full at the moment and I have 300 cals left out of 1200.
    MFP won't let me log the diary because it's too low!
    I've had an *almost* vegan day with the exception of breakfast because I had Greek yoghurt.
    I don't know what to do? Do I eat more? 😂😂 In 4 years I've never encountered this 😂
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,057 Member
    Also wanted to add, I've had a great day mental health wise. Maybe my tablets are finally kicking in but I got up, lounged about for a bit but then I got off my butt and got a shower and the day just flowed from then.
    I washed ALL my pots. Every last one. I'm pretty sure there was nothing left in my cupboards or cutlery tray! Then hoovered, scrubbed all my furniture from sticky hands 😒 and tidied all the girls bits off the floor!

Im knackered lol! But feel better for it. I can get up in the morning now to a nice clean house and do nothing and not feel guilty about it! Dog might just even get a walk tomorrow!

• pridesabtch
    Also wanted to add, I've had a great day mental health wise. Maybe my tablets are finally kicking in but I got up, lounged about for a bit but then I got off my butt and got a shower and the day just flowed from then.
    I washed ALL my pots. Every last one. I'm pretty sure there was nothing left in my cupboards or cutlery tray! Then hoovered, scrubbed all my furniture from sticky hands 😒 and tidied all the girls bits off the floor!

Im knackered lol! But feel better for it. I can get up in the morning now to a nice clean house and do nothing and not feel guilty about it! Dog might just even get a walk tomorrow!

Sounds like a fabulous day! So happy for you!
  • mytime6630

Great job @Bex!!!
  • mytime6630

wednesday, Jan 6
    1. log all food :)
    2. concentrate on 8+ water :)
    3. brush teeth at 9pm ... no more snacking. Choose only 1 snack :)
    4. monitor emotional eating .... wait 10 minutes :)
    5. do milk jug winter sowing before it gets cold out. :) Planted 11 milk jugs today .. once I get more empty jugs I plan to plant some more!! Makes me think of spring.
    6. finish quilt :)
    7. read 1 chapter beck diet solution :)
    8. read 1 chapter simple abundance :)

Its just 8:45 -- so since I put smiles by these ... have to do them! But I plan on reading a little tonite, and I've had some cashews, so now I can brush my teeth and stop for the nite with food.

This is a crazy, sad day in the USA for us. It makes me worried so much about our country.

Goals for tomorrow simple again ... trying to get back on track.
    JFT, THursd, Jan 7
    1. log all food
    2. brush teeth at 9pm ... only one evening snack
    3. concentrate on 8+ water
    4. read 1 simple abundance page
    5. read beck diet solution .. make notes and index cards

• pridesabtch
    JFT Wed

- Weigh in, down a pound 😄
    - Shower & do hair & makeup ✅ Feltgood to look pretty
    - Take youngest to Charleston to see a hematologist- nothing serious.✅ all good news
    - Try to be supportive and calm as she drives us there. Learners permit & first time on the interstate. Good grant us safety & serenity!✅ OMG e we almost died, literally, but hubby and I remained calm and she didn’t freak too badly.
    - brunch in Ripley. Make good choices.✅🍳
    - exercise 30 min ❌
    - Read Bible✅
    - Bed after news.✅

Have a great day y’all!

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited January 2021
    Yesterday's goals:
    - Log everything I eat/drink :)
    - Be in the green >:)Struggling with getting back into good habits after festive piggery! I did stay within maintenance though
    - Go for a run :)

- Remember to take breaks (meditate/ text friends) :)
    - Do something fun and/or distracting to wind down/ switch off :)
    - Support boyfriend with cooking/ washing up :|I started the cooking but did not help with the washing up...
    - Talk to boyfriend in French >:)Toing to have to work on making this a habit
    - Start emotional eating toolkit >:)Ended up having an argument with the boyfriend (surprisingly not about washing up! so didn't feel like doing this/b]
    - Lights off by 11 :)

Today's goals:

- Log all food
    - No alcohol
    - Go for walk at lunch
    - Remember to take breaks (meditate/ text friends)

- Conduct mood-boosting wind-down activity
    - Support boyfriend with cooking/ washing up
    - Talk to boyfriend in French
    - Update food shopping order
    - Start emotional eating toolkit
    - Lights off by 11