The Diamond Challenge - Shining Diamonds (Wk 3: Round 5)

Options

Replies

• nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    QOTD for September 7:

Have you ever thought of giving up of this weight loss journey just because you want to go back to your old ways? What keeps you for doing so?

Not thought about it. But I have fallen off the bandwagon many times. Not because I wanted to but I didn't do anything (or enough) to change it either. But there has never been a moment when I wanted to quit. There have been moments when I wanted to eat something that would put me over my budget but either I eat it and go back to plan the next day or I don't.

QOTD for September 8th:

Do your friends or family know that you're trying to lose weight? If they do, are they supportive or not? Do they have mixed feelings?

My mom knows. I haven't really talked to her about it. She is supportive in that she will mention when she noticed I lost some weight (but she also would comment on my weight gains). My parents also eat very healthily, so when I visit I am usually not tempted by anything super unhealthy which helps. I don't have a partner or kids.
    I have told a few friends and they are supportive but not all. I have tried losing weight so often that I don't talk about it to everyone anymore. Sadly my best friend isn't very supportive, I do think she means well but she just doesn't know how to be supportive so I have sort of kept quiet about this to her.
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Here's QOTD for September 7:

Have you ever thought of giving up of this weight loss journey just because you want to go back to your old ways? What keeps you for doing so?

Nope. Never thought of "going back," and I really don't feel like I'm changing my ways that much. My "old ways" just involved more chips and less portion control. I love eating what I love within reason, and knowing I need to take a 10 minute jog if I want that piece of cake or chocolate. I *am* changing my body though, and for the better. Loving it :D
  • Crooks0204
    Options

I have not thought about it. I have slipped, just as all have or will do!
  • Crooks0204
    Options
    QOTD September 8th!:

Do your friends or family know that you're trying to lose weight? If they do, are they supportive or not? Do they have mixed feelings?

/quote]

My husband does but that is it!! I read somewhere once that the more people you tell, the more you set yourself up for failure. I find this to be true for me!!!!
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    QOTD for September 8th:

The bf definitely knows, and when he's here he sometimes asks about my calories, especially when we go grocery shopping. He was a bit annoyed by me writing down every little thing until I dropped about 10 pounds.. now he keeps his mouth shut. lol.

My mom and sisters know, and are excited for me. Not many of my friends do, but it's just not something that comes up.

I don't think anyone would have mixed feeling though. Me getting healthier = goodness. I think no one in my life could argue against that.
  • nafroese
    nafroese Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    QOTD sept 7 &8
    yes my family knows that I am trying to lose weight and they are uber supportive and they are happy that I am doing it in a healthy manner! they are motivated by me now!!

As for giving up the new ways for the old, it is a thought but really if you start thinking about how you physically feel with the old ways..this is way better!!! I feel too good now to go back to the old ways. If i start to stray that way my body remindsd me pretty quick why I don't want to go that way!
  • Chirron40
    Chirron40 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    QOTD for September 7:

No, I finally realize how much my weight holds me back. My old ways I never felt good and now I'm starting to feel better. I don't ever want my weight to keep me from going to certain places for vacation or to a pool party or anywhere else.

QOTD September 8th!:

Yes, I anounced to my family that I was going to lose weight this year. I only see them once a year at Christmas but they always compliment me when I do lose some weight. My husband is my biggest supporter, he has agreed to do whatever is necessary. He no longer asks for junk, eats whatever I feed him, and has started working out too.
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options

yes ive thought about giving up... somedays i dont want to exercise n i just wanna eat whatever i want...but i keep going what keeps me going is i tell myself i really want this more than i want a cupcake or dont want to exercise in this moment... i really really want this and ive accomplished soo much already
  • ShiningDiamonds
    Options
    Good morning Shining Diamonds!

This is the ONLY reminder I will provide regarding your weigh-in - PLEASE get the form completed as soon as you can!

We have a new PURPLE Diamond - please welcome Kathy (klwa)! At this time she does not have a buddy so please feel free to send her a friend request and encourage her through our last week of the challenge.

Also, next week is the last week of the challenge which means it will be "SPIRIT WEEK" so get ready for a fun-filled week. I will be leaving for vacation on Friday (9/16) and will not return home until late Wednesday (9/21); however, I will send you all the weigh-in form on Thursday (9/15)...it will be up to you to make sure that the form is completed! I will compile all of the weight loss information when I return and get it posted soon after, I would do it while on vacation, but I will be in Vegas and everything MFP will be out of mind :wink:

6129491443_ecb6fb0e0b_b.jpg

YOU will be given first dibs on spots for Round 6 so please be sure to be on the lookout next week for an invitation to join us...I look forward to leading the Shining Diamonds again :bigsmile:! I am not sure who will be sending the invite, but it will be sent :glasses:
  • shelleilei
    shelleilei Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    QOTD for September 7:

I will not give up. I do slip up from time to time but I would never drop this journey.

QOTD September 8th!:

Yes, my boyfriend knows how important this is to me and fully supports me. Oddly, he likes me at this weight but wants me to be happy.
  • meliturtlee
    Options
    Qotd 7:

Yes I have wanted to give up a millions times and to be honest I have given up whether it was a meal or a day. It's just so hard and I feel like I am never meant to be skinny or I guess healthy. But I always find random motivators to get me through this journey. It has def been a bumpy road but I'll make it.

Qotd 8:
    My family is aware of my weight loss journey. Um they kind of care kind of don't, I don't think they take me too seriously but my brother always asks me if I went to my workout and every know in then my sister slaps food out of my hand. I think it's especially harder since my mother is in the hospital, tensions are running high and we are all under stress to pay any attn to our selves.
  • nafroese
    Options
    Ok shining Diamonds! I was on here this morning and checking in now and there is no posts and no comments?! come on Shining Diamonds last week we went hard! Or is there a new post that i am missing?!! Hope everyone is well and hale and working hard!!!
  • duqtape
    duqtape Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    QOTD 7: Yes. I would absolutely love to go back to my old ways. Its fun, its easy, I get to cook whatever I feel like, I can drink whatever I want, and in the winter, just pile on more clothes. No one notices anyway. And I live in a town where no one cares what you look like. A clean t-shirt is dressing up. But I'd like to get to a point where I'm happy with the mirror AND can eat and drink what I want ... In a more controlled way. So, I'm going to keep pushing through the end of the year and see if I can't just do this.

QOTD 8: My mom knows. She has lost 30 lbs this year and looks great! My work mates know I'm eating better and working out more, but honestly, they don't care either way. We are a little family unit at work, since we all leave home to come to work 4-5 months a year and live together. They support whatever I cook or eat or don't eat. They would never say anything either way. Now, when I get home, its a whole new world. I plan to tell my bf that I'm trying to lose the weight, which he will be supportive of. He lost his mom 2 years ago last week to lymphoma that was complicated by being morbidly obese. He has said he never wants that for me. Or anything close to it.
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Have I missed QOTD for Friday?
  • nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Nope, chanmay was supposed to post it but didn't. :(
  • mom715of2
    Options
    Qotd 7: Last week was a bad week for me and thought about just quiting (like all the other times) but then I told my self that this is my time even if it takes awhile. I also was reading the stories on the message boards of how much others have lost. and that is a eye opener that I CAN DO THIS. Also doing this challenge and my team partner, Barel keeps me focus!!

#8: Some of my family knows. I want to make life changing choices and over time everyone will see. My husband is the best!! He is very supportive!!
  • ShiningDiamonds
    Options
    Ladies,

I want to apologize for not staying on top of the QOTD's. Unfortunately, TOM, hit pretty hard yesterday so I was a little out of sorts.

I will be sure that everyone gets a reminder next week.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR ASSIGNED DAY - I work full-time and have college courses; therefore, I cannot stay on MFP and am only able to check in a few times a day.

Since the QOTD was missed yesterday...here is one for the weekend:

Is there any item of clothing or complete outfit that you are hoping to get in OR get rid of once you lose some of the weight?

My response: I would like to get my body back into a bikini :wink: ...will definitely be buckling down after my vacation - at least I will have a full year to work it out :laugh:
  • nafroese
    Options
    I want to shrink out of my lululemon pants! This means i get new ones! lol Also wanting to fit into some dresses from my very early twenties before i had children!
  • emi_esp
    Options

Is there any item of clothing or complete outfit that you are hoping to get in OR get rid of once you lose some of the weight?

For me, no, I don't have any older items of clothing that I'm waiting to fit into or anything...I do however reward myself for every 5 lbs loss with a small purchase of some cute shirts or something :) My size hasn't really changed that much, I guess medium shirts are just a bit loser now
  • emi_esp
    Options

For me, no, I don't have any older items of clothing that I'm waiting to fit into or anything...I do however reward myself for every 5 lbs loss with a small purchase of some cute shirts or something :) My size hasn't really changed that much, I guess medium shirts are just a bit loser now