ladycopnh1 Posts: 287 Member
    Jan. 05: 249
    Jan. 12: 249
    Jan. 19:
    Jan. 26:

Total January loss:
  • ladycopnh1
    Welcome cmandevi and angel1066 - remember, accountability matters. This site is for you to check in each week ( good, bad or down right ugly) we want to hear about your good times and bad times and maybe some advise that will help the rest of us this year. We're all on this trail together.

cmandevi - I loved my wine too ( Moscato ), but I knew I was self medicating with food and alcohol, both of which has the same amount of calories, especially sweet wines. Although I still have it on my bucket list to try ice wine just once. Unfortunately I know I can't or I'll be right back to the bottle.

I tried going on another type of diet other than the "oldie but goodie" that I have used for years and I lost nothing this week. so, I am going back to what I know will work for me. My treadmill should be fixed on the 18th, heaven willing, I get more out of the treadmill than walking the roads ( although everyone waves to me going by and someone actually gave me a thumbs up the other day ). I like keeping with what works, I think I will still walk the country roads but as an added bonus to my routine. Lets see what happens. Wish me luck.
  • Joining! I need something to keep me accountable and this group looks like just the thing I need ☺️

12.01- 212.2 (SW)
    19.01-
    26.01-

Total January Loss-
  • zaknjakesmum
    zaknjakesmum Posts: 73 Member
    Hi, I'm another Jen (there's so many of us lol ) I'm 49, and I'm from Alberta, Canada. I would like to join this group if I could! I need the accountability. I started at 234 Nov 26, and was 211.6 this morning. My short term goal is to be in onederland (199 or less) in Feb , and my long-term goal is be at 140, hopefully by my 50th birthday (Oct 5). My husband has promised me a trip somewhere warm , like the Caribbean , in winter 2022! I love going somewhere hot when it's cold and snowy here.

This is a big year for our family. I turn 50, my youngest turns 18, 2 sister-inlaws turn 60 and there are nieces and nephews getting married. I want to look good for all those occasions! That is my motivation. Also I am pre-diabetic, so don't want it to turn into full-blown diabetes. I've been +200 lbs for so long, and been on a diet swasince my teens, and I don't even remember myself before I was over 200. :(

Covid sucks. And the numbers keep rising here. I had it in November and it scared me so much I started the diet Nov. 26.

I was on a 1200 calories per day but I was miserable. I read a lot of posts about 1200 being too little to sustain . What does everyone think about this? I changed my limit to 1480 calories per day. Slower weight loss, but easier to maintain in the long term.

Jen
    Alberta, Canada

• AbiKDiarra
    AbiKDiarra Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone, I'm so happy I found this group. My name is Abi. I weigh about 226lbs which is the highest I've ever been. I've recently gotten back into a workout routine and am LOVING it (no idea how long this will last but I'm making the most of it!).

I'm in my final year of nursing so am hoping to get back to a healthy weight before I qualify. This can often be a challenge what with long days on placement and countless deadlines but I feel like I owe to myself to make sure I am in the best shape I can be. I won't be posting weekly weigh-ins as my focus is more on improving my fitness and nutrition (the weight loss that follows will hopefully be seen as a bonus rather than the main goal).

I look forward to going on this journey with you Xx
  • cmandevi
    cmandevi Posts: 4 Member
    I don't remember my weight on the 5th so I am going w my starting weight of around the 3rd. I haven't cheated yet!

For the 1200 calories question above. If I force myself to eat 7 servings of veggies a day I almost find it hard to get up to 1200 and I feel fine. I use very little dressing w my salad and none w my veggies sticks. I will add some high calorie dense food or have some hummus to get up a little if I am tracking low. Some days I feel a little washed out and when I do I make sure to eat some higher calorie foods to get up a little bit.

Jan. 05: 235.4 (est)
    Jan. 12: 230
    Jan. 19:
    Jan. 26:
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Weigh in - Thursday's

OSW - 257.7 lbs
    CSW - 213.8 lbs
    APRIL
    02/04/2020 - 211.8 lbs
    09/04/2020 - 209.2 lbs
    16/04/2020 - 206.8 lbs
    23/04/2020 - 207.0 lbs - I'll smash it next week, I'm sure!:wink::
    30/04/2020 - 203.2 lbs -:sweat_smile:SMASHED IT!
    April Loss: 8.6 lbs
    April goal - 20x.x ✅
    MAY
    07/05/2020 - 201.6 lbs
    14/05/2020 - 201.2 lbs
    21/05/2020 - 198.2 lbs
    28/05/2020 - 198.4 lbs
    May Loss-to-date: 4.8 lbs
    May goal - 19x.x ✅

JANUARY 2021 - I want to loose 60 lbs this year. Just because 2020 wasn't my year is no reason to give up.
    Dec 31, 2020 - 213.8 lbs
    Jan 6th, 2021 - 211.6 lbs
    Jan 12th - 212.1 lbs ... still aiming for 20x.x by end of month!

Many successes this week. I've been logging more consistently and I've stopped drinking that evening beer / wine. My food choices are a bit up and down still ... but getting better.

January 2021 goal - 20x.x
    March 2021 - 19x.x
    May 2021 goal - 18x.x
    Ultimate goal weight - under 150 lbs
  • ladycopnh1
    Welcome one and all. wow, this group is booming, I am so happier that everyone is on board. Hopefully I will still be seeing you all the 1st of March. The first three months are the hardest to get through. Determination says it all.
  • Hi, I'm another Jen (there's so many of us lol ) I'm 49, and I'm from Alberta, Canada. I would like to join this group if I could! I need the accountability. I started at 234 Nov 26, and was 211.6 this morning. My short term goal is to be in onederland (199 or less) in Feb , and my long-term goal is be at 140, hopefully by my 50th birthday (Oct 5). My husband has promised me a trip somewhere warm , like the Caribbean , in winter 2022! I love going somewhere hot when it's cold and snowy here.

This is a big year for our family. I turn 50, my youngest turns 18, 2 sister-inlaws turn 60 and there are nieces and nephews getting married. I want to look good for all those occasions! That is my motivation. Also I am pre-diabetic, so don't want it to turn into full-blown diabetes. I've been +200 lbs for so long, and been on a diet swasince my teens, and I don't even remember myself before I was over 200. :(

Covid sucks. And the numbers keep rising here. I had it in November and it scared me so much I started the diet Nov. 26.

I was on a 1200 calories per day but I was miserable. I read a lot of posts about 1200 being too little to sustain . What does everyone think about this? I changed my limit to 1480 calories per day. Slower weight loss, but easier to maintain in the long term.

Jen
    Alberta, Canada

I can do 1200 a day but I am far more comfortable and things are more sustainable at 1480. There's an assumption that at a certain point you can offset your very low calorie limit by exercising, and earning the other half of your calories that way, but since I have exercise intolerance and the gyms aren't safe here yet, I'm having to just live with a limit that I can handle until I can rehab myself with weights and do cardio.
  • I’m on my 3rd day (it feels a hell of a lot longer) on trying to consume up to 1330 everyday I’m also doing 60 minutes of excersize, which is a mixture of resistance bands and cardio as well as trying to go on a walk everyday.

I’m so hungry at times that I feel sick and I keep getting dizzy spells every now and again🤷🏻‍♀️. Is this normal when first starting out? Is it just because I’ve cut down on sugar etc?

Sorry for all the questions🤦🏻‍♀️. Just want to make sure I’m doing this right. I’m determined this time💪🏻. 🤞🏻 I’m hoping for my first weigh in on Tuesday that it’s a decent loss🤞🏻.
  • ladycopnh1
    Good heavens no, you need to eat. You should eat something every 3-4hrs. Look at your body like a fireplace, in order to burn the wood properly and keep the warmth, you need to add a piece of wood to keep it burning. Your body needs nourishment, at the least every 4hrs to work properly when on a diet. That doesn't meal eat a Thanksgiving dinner, eat breakfast, then around 9:00 have a piece fruit, apples are good cuz they make you feel full, same with a hand full of raisins, if you don't have a nut allergy, have some almonds, until you get to lunch, do the same around 3:00, then have dinner. Always keep the fire inside you burning.
  • r_jen
    r_jen Posts: 279 Member
    Starting Weight: 228

Jan. 08: 226
    Jan. 15: 224
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:

Total January loss:
  • BakerBabe18
    BakerBabe18 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello Everyone! I would love to join you for some accountability. I have a husband and 2 kids. I don't feel the support at home because my husband doesn't want the healthy foods I prepare and he is a candy-holic. Fortunately for him, he never gains from his junk food addiction. Me on the other hand, I sniff a chocolate bar and gain 10 pounds. I have tried over and over to diet and have miserably failed. I tried keto last year and it was the easiest diet I've ever attempted but my hair fell out and I worried that there was more going on than what I saw on the outside and I decided to stop. Dieting is hard for me. I'm very, VERY picky and I can get some foods that I don't like down with no problem but there's some that I just cant do without literally gagging. Texture is mainly the problem. I recently started my journey with a girl from work and we are pushing each other to stick with it. We check in everyday at work and check on each other each night to make sure we are working out and making the right food choices. I would love to expand and have a bigger support group and I was so excited when I came across you guys! I started Monday so this will be my first week. I have quite a bit of weight to lose and I am ready for this journey.

Jan. 11: 233 Starting weight
  • ladycopnh1 wrote: »
    Good heavens no, you need to eat. You should eat something every 3-4hrs. Look at your body like a fireplace, in order to burn the wood properly and keep the warmth, you need to add a piece of wood to keep it burning. Your body needs nourishment, at the least every 4hrs to work properly when on a diet. That doesn't meal eat a Thanksgiving dinner, eat breakfast, then around 9:00 have a piece fruit, apples are good cuz they make you feel full, same with a hand full of raisins, if you don't have a nut allergy, have some almonds, until you get to lunch, do the same around 3:00, then have dinner. Always keep the fire inside you burning.

Thank you!! Going to try and eat more frequently. I split my calories up more today and I feel a lot better for it ☺️
  • 12.01- 212.2 (SW)
    19.01-
    26.01-

Total January Loss-

January goal = 20x.x

I weighed this morning because I couldn’t help myself and it said that I was 210 so hopefully it keeps coming down and I can hit my goal early🙈 but I’m getting ahead of myself. Going to keep keeping on and see what I can manage by Tuesday 💪🏻 We got this team💪🏻
  • GrammyG0505
    GrammyG0505 Posts: 193 Member
    Hi. My name is Gayle. I am a Navy veteran that has some physical issues and need to lose weight. I am at my highest ever. I lost weight when in a prediabetic group 5 years ago and now it is time to get back to it.
    CW 289
    GW 175

I do so much better when I have accountability.
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,597 Member
    1/1-266.0
    1/8-262.2
    1/15-262.6
  • rikwaynik
    rikwaynik Posts: 724 Member
    Starting Weight: 243.8

Jan. 8:
    Jan. 15: 245.3
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:

Total January loss:
  • Got on the scales this morning (it’s so addictive😫) and it said 213😭. Hopefully it’s just a flux and it comes back down before Tuesday.

NSV- I signed up to do 2800 squats in the month of February to raise money for Teenage Cancer Trust so at least I’ll be sure to get my exercise in haha💪🏻
  • ac7ssm
    ac7ssm Posts: 14 Member
    I hope I may join in. I started my weight loss journey (this time) on the 4th of January.
    Don't be shocked at my weight.

01-04: 343.6 (start weigh in)
    (Vacation, no scale)
    01-14: 327.6
    01-21: